Welcome to the Jungle....(New & Old Members introduce yourselves)

• 170 replies
Re: Welcome to the Jungle....(New & Old Members introduce yourselves)
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2013, 07:22:28 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm Frank61 graduated from School of Pharmacy in 1961. Live and breath STJ. Live in Syracuse, NY
The Big East needs a strong SJU program!

Poison

« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2013, 07:40:35 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm Frank61 graduated from School of Pharmacy in 1961. Live and breath STJ. Live in Syracuse, NY

Welcome aboard Frank61. We have Syracuse's weather at the moment in NY.

« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »
Hey guys, room112 here, made my way over here since being a member of Redmen.com for nearly a decade now. Anyway, UConn grad, but always been a redmen fan since I'm from New York. On campus I used to wear my st. john's jersey to Gampel when we played there. One year a buddy of mine won the lottery for student tickets for UConn in the Big East tourney and he brought me and I wore a st. john's jersey sitting with all the UConn students even though we weren't playing lol. Graduated in 2005 so unfortunately I was on campus and had to witness the Husky fans celebrating their title in 2004. My glory days are really the Marcus Hatten era lol.

« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2013, 02:40:18 PM »
Hey guys, murphy0582 here, I graduated from SJU in 2007 and have been a long time follower of these boards however am finally coming around to signing up and posting with you guys.  Big fan and follower of the squad, although my age only really allows me to speak knowledgeably back to the Artest days.  Look forward to a big year and having some interesting discussions with you guys.

« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2013, 08:00:54 PM »
Long time lurker. Never attended SJU, but the school I attended doesn't have a d1 team, have been a fan of the Red Storm since I started following college hoops which was around 1990. I probably won't post much but figured i should introduce myself nonetheless.

« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2013, 08:15:46 PM »
Long time lurker. Never attended SJU, but the school I attended doesn't have a d1 team, have been a fan of the Red Storm since I started following college hoops which was around 1990. I probably won't post much but figured i should introduce myself nonetheless.

Welcome aboard.

You're real handle isn't Real Fan is it???  LOL!!!

« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2013, 11:24:05 PM »

Welcome aboard.

You're real handle isn't Real Fan is it???  LOL!!!

Haha no it isn't.  I imagine its hard not to be skeptical when someone new pops up.

« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2014, 04:41:39 PM »
Hello everyone.
First time posting here, though I`m a long time reader.

I enjoy reading this site.  I`ll post here and there but will mostly just read the posts.

Booksnball

• "Success Comes To Those Who Prepare for It through
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2014, 06:49:48 PM »
Still a fan after all these years. Happy to say I'm working with a SJU former player (Graduate), Tyrone Grant's TEAMFIRSTNY.com NFP which offers after school & community programs supporting academic enrichment, life skills & athletic skills development.

Check out his web site TeamFirstNY.com. Great video on there from the NCAA/Buick series high lighting NCAA grads who are giving back to their communities. SJU should be proud of his work.
RK

« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2014, 07:51:54 PM »
Still a fan after all these years. Happy to say I'm working with a SJU former player (Graduate), Tyrone Grant's TEAMFIRSTNY.com NFP which offers after school & community programs supporting academic enrichment, life skills & athletic skills development.

Check out his web site TeamFirstNY.com. Great video on there from the NCAA/Buick series high lighting NCAA grads who are giving back to their communities. SJU should be proud of his work.
Good for you - that has to be rewarding work.  Best wishes to you and Tyrone's organization.

« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2015, 02:10:40 PM »
Hey all, just joined the site.  My name is Will.  I'm a regular over at rumbleinthegarden.com  I have no direct affiliation with SJU, but I've been a redmen fan since I was a kid. 

« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2015, 02:34:37 PM »
Hey all, just joined the site.  My name is Will.  I'm a regular over at rumbleinthegarden.com  I have no direct affiliation with SJU, but I've been a redmen fan since I was a kid. 

Welcome!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

cjfish

« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2015, 04:35:59 PM »
Hello all. I am a real oldtimer from the days of the mid 60s. I remember when a ticket to Alumni was $5. Used to down a few after the game at Sams. Does anyone else remember that great institution of lower learning??

Just found this thread.  A Fordham grad, I commuted but hung in Queens.  Grew up following SJU, played Pickup in the gym n the late 60s.  If you frequented Sams you probably remember some of my SJU friends, Hurl the Pearl, the Conklin brothers, Pat lynch.  Cahill referred to be as the a rear of a donkey hippy from Fordham.  Living in Saratoga Springs.

« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2015, 04:39:54 PM »
Hi everyone...My name is Matt ..No relation to st.johns just another diehard fan who is in there early 20's. I have been actively reading this board and Redmen.com to get all my scoop on players, games and just general discussion. Looking forward to adding some insight. I try to go to every game at the garden and looking to seeing some of you at the GTOWN game and Big east tournament.

Foad

« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2015, 05:21:13 PM »
Hi everyone...My name is Matt ..No relation to st.johns just another diehard fan who is in there early 20's.

The Wonder Five salutes you

« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2015, 11:14:53 PM »
whats up everyone? I have been a season ticket holder for a few years now.

I am also thetransfer22 on twitter...Go Johnnies!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:15:52 PM by theTransfer22 »

« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2015, 09:38:12 AM »
whats up everyone? I have been a season ticket holder for a few years now.

I am also thetransfer22 on twitter...Go Johnnies!
welcome. I'm sure participating in this board will enhance your experience watching SJ's games in person.  Some posters, or posers (liny legend) will even do a meet and greet - lol - for real
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:38:55 AM by bball purist »

« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2015, 09:13:40 PM »
been gone for a few years, but I've been lurking again the last couple days. (anything to steer clear of  the islanders hf boards lately)

im excited for a new era in stj basketball.

TONYD3

« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2015, 09:18:38 PM »
been gone for a few years, but I've been lurking again the last couple days. (anything to steer clear of  the islanders hf boards lately)

im excited for a new era in stj basketball.
Welcome you ruined the islander game for me. glad we finally won.

« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2015, 03:02:37 AM »
Hey I'm Jonathan. I'm a Queens native. Graduated Manhattan College in 2013. I am a big Jaspers fan. I am currently a grad student in history MA program at St. John's. Grew up a Hofstra and St. John's fan, now my alliances lie with Manhattan and St. John's. I started to really follow the SJU program this year. Saw my first game live against Marquette at the Garden. Sir Dom was easily my favorite SJU player, and one of the three players I most enjoyed seeing live as an MC and SJU fan. I'm looking forward to learning more about the program, and partaking in the elegant dance of rooting for two local teams. Trust me this week has been quite interesting to me as a dual fan lol