On the mend

• 9 replies
On the mend
« on: October 23, 2009, 02:00:22 PM »
Hope all y'all is stayin strong out there.

Been on the mend myselves. Had some mad pain in my insides a week ago. Doctor just diagnosed that I got myselves a kidney stone. Gonna have it blasted wit them shockwaves next week at the hospital.

Haven't had much pain just a lil discomfort these last few day. Still, the doc gave me a script fo 30 Oxys just in case. I could probly sell them fo $20 a pop down on the corner. Just kiddin is all. Drugs is bad.

Just wonderin if any you brothers been thru this already? How y'all feel after the blastin been done?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

boo3

Re: On the mend
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 02:53:29 PM »
  Never been through it, but know people that have. I believe after they are blasted, they still have to be "passed".  that is not fun.  I'd hang on the those Oxys if i were you.  hope you feel better.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 03:21:09 PM »
Yeah, hang on to that.  I had some kidney trouble recently but it turned out to be minor, no stones to pass. That's a tough thing to go through, kidney stones.

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 03:35:53 PM »
Fortunately for me I have never had to deal with these, but I send you my prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery.

Tha Kid

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 03:58:53 PM »
Best of luck to a speedy recovery Choz.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 04:03:13 PM »
Much thanks to all y'all.

Considerin I thought I had myselves a tumor or sometin, I'm feelin lucky that its only this thing.

Bless be to Him.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 05:25:11 PM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 07:40:58 PM »
Sorry man...I've heard it compared to child birth so best of luck to you
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

LJSA

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 12:28:39 AM »
Sorry man...I've heard it compared to child birth so best of luck to you

But with no euphoric hormones released to make you forget the trauma. :o

On the bright side, the childbirth comparison is probably a remnant from the bad old days of passing an entire stone.

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 08:48:49 PM »
My dad just had some blasted. Feels much better now that they have passed, but was in some pain while passing them.

Wish you the best.

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 09:07:22 PM »
Feel better bro. I heard that sh_t was painful!! If they can break it down with the shockwaves then that should make it easier.