Jayvaughn Pinkston - PF - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY - VILLANOVA

• 284 replies

kob24

Re: Jayvaughn Pinkston - PF - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #240 on: December 02, 2009, 11:58:56 PM »
Congrats to him I think that is his best fit.

gonzalo

« Reply #241 on: December 03, 2009, 01:54:13 AM »
I´m very tired losing New York High School players to other Big East teams.

« Reply #242 on: December 03, 2009, 08:42:40 AM »
Good Luck to him. This was the kid that I thought was going to help us change the preception in NYC.

Lou said it last night kids just do not want to stay at home. But they want to stay close to home and there are so many good options for them U Conn Pitt & Nova.

« Reply #243 on: December 03, 2009, 10:16:53 AM »
Lou said it last night kids just do not want to stay at home. But they want to stay close to home and there are so many good options for them U Conn Pitt & Nova.

I think that is a cop-out (aka losers mentality) by saying, "Our current coach cannot land blue-chip talent within the metro area (NYC/NJ)." 

This is dispicable, if you ask me.  And, I do not buy the "kids do not want to stay home."  I know there are cases where kids want to get away and go to school elsewhere.

But, I also know there are kids who don't mind staying at home....  And, would love staying at home, if they have a legitimate reason to stay at home. 

My belief about continuously losing blue-chip metro talent all boils down to Roberts.....  Recruiting and coaching.

« Reply #244 on: December 03, 2009, 12:47:29 PM »
Well its only a verbal...

Anyways Nova is a great look for Jay. He'll fit in very nicely there.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

SJU79

« Reply #245 on: December 03, 2009, 02:05:23 PM »
Jay was open to staying at home and going to SJU. Their were "people" who convinced him that Villanova would provide the best academic and social transitional support for him.

« Reply #246 on: December 03, 2009, 02:45:36 PM »
Jay was open to staying at home and going to SJU. Their were "people" who convinced him that Villanova would provide the best academic and social transitional support for him.

So, there 'ya have it!  I can't blame him for choosing 'Nova for those reasons.  But, it sounds he was clearly swayed, if what you're saying is the case.

« Reply #247 on: December 03, 2009, 03:19:13 PM »
swayed into making the best decision for him? I can remove my fandom from St. John's and admit Nova is a great opportunity for him. I wish with every bone in my body that wasn't the case and he came to St. John's but that didn't happen. I wish him the best success except when playing St. John's.

SJU79

« Reply #248 on: December 03, 2009, 03:34:13 PM »
If my post implied that those people who helped him chose Nova for the reasons mentioned above did so for any  reason other that that of J's best interest than my post was misinterpeted. All I was saying was J was open to SJU but was convinced by people that Nova was just a better fit. Now from what I hear Harkless is another story all together.......

mkras99

« Reply #249 on: December 03, 2009, 03:59:59 PM »
If my post implied that those people who helped him chose Nova for the reasons mentioned above did so for any  reason other that that of J's best interest than my post was misinterpeted. All I was saying was J was open to SJU but was convinced by people that Nova was just a better fit. Now from what I hear Harkless is another story all together.......

Meaning that Harkless isn't open to SJU or is being convinced to pick whatever school he picks for the wrong reasons?

« Reply #250 on: December 04, 2009, 01:29:46 AM »
Pinkston has a better chance of getting a Rhodes Scholarship at Villanova...that's what SJU79 meant.

Sure kids want to go away to school.  That's why lazy Norm and his lazy bunch of assistants should bite the bullet and beat the bushes nationwide for elite talent who wants to play in the Big East...at the same MSG that professional players tout all the time.

This is the most embarassing coaching staff in the conference.

« Reply #251 on: December 04, 2009, 09:55:45 AM »
Please, for to explain "lazy"? I don't get it.

Unlucky? Yes. Just not good enough to hang with the big boys? Yes. But what exactly constitutes laziness here?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 09:56:36 AM by kaprookie »

« Reply #252 on: December 04, 2009, 10:23:43 AM »
Pinkston has a better chance of getting a Rhodes Scholarship at Villanova...that's what SJU79 meant.

Sure kids want to go away to school.  That's why lazy Norm and his lazy bunch of assistants should bite the bullet and beat the bushes nationwide for elite talent who wants to play in the Big East...at the same MSG that professional players tout all the time.

This is the most embarassing coaching staff in the conference.

Someone get this guy a xanax  :D

Poison

Re: Jayvaughn Pinkston - PF - Bishop Loughlin - Brooklyn, NY - VILLANOVA
« Reply #253 on: December 04, 2009, 12:10:40 PM »
So instead of St.John's kids are "getting away" at Pittsburgh?

Sorry, I'll never, ever buy that. That city is a hole.

« Reply #254 on: December 04, 2009, 04:23:03 PM »
I see a lot of ppl saying this is a good fit I don't see him getting PT until his JR Yr I see Mookie Jones all over again
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

kob24

« Reply #255 on: December 04, 2009, 04:47:05 PM »
nah he is in no way shape or form mookie. i dont even think mookie is a d1 player. but mr. pinkston is a grown man.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #256 on: December 04, 2009, 04:54:41 PM »
nah he is in no way shape or form mookie. i dont even think mookie is a d1 player. but mr. pinkston is a grown man.
Whaaat?  Mookie's not a D-1 player?! 

Then again, I haven't seen him live.  But still.  You think Mookie's not good enough for the Big East?  Do you think he's a Doug Wiggins (who isn't even at NAIA Robert Morris anymore)?

« Reply #257 on: December 04, 2009, 05:37:36 PM »
Whaaat?  Mookie's not a D-1 player?! 

Then again, I haven't seen him live.  But still.  You think Mookie's not good enough for the Big East?  Do you think he's a Doug Wiggins (who isn't even at NAIA Robert Morris anymore)?

I have seen Mookie play and he can play D1 but.....he doesn't have the frame body wise for the BE. Mookie is mad frail body wise for the BE. You can always work on the physical aspects of developing your body. He has D1 skills though....the kid is a winner also. Does not like losing and will will his team to victory. He is now faced with more talent competion, now the question is how do you handle it? Pout or put in the extra work?

« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2009, 08:00:45 PM »
I didn't mean in terms of talent they are both very talented they just bring different things to the table.But I was referring to the depth and competition for PT at SF/PF spot.Nova has minutes but not until he is a Jr it seems to me
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

kob24

« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2009, 09:53:11 PM »
I'm sorry Im sorry even I #$%^ up sometimes. I meant I don't think he should have been at the cuse. I'm sorry mookie no disrespect. I've coached against mookie alot. His game was sort of weird. He is a better version of mike Poole. They can do everything good but not one thing great. A jack of all trades a master of none. I think he would have fit in at a acc school like Clemson or Virginia or a PAC 10 school like cal.