Nick Johnson - G - Findlay Prep - Henderson, NV/ Gilbert, AZ - ARIZONA

• 64 replies
Not sure if this is out there already, but St. John's has offered Findlay Prep Guard Nick Johnson '11.

as per Recruitscoop

Anyone have anything on this kid?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:39:00 PM by peter »

Re: Nick Johnson - G - Findlay Prep
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 09:26:45 PM »
I don't remember him off the top of my head however I was so mesmerized by Corey Joseph that I didn't notice much else. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

boo3

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 09:28:47 PM »
 Is he injury prone? ;)

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 11:53:07 AM »
He's ranked pretty high, 11th SG on Scout.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 11:59:27 AM »
He's ranked pretty high, 11th SG on Scout.

Im goin to pulla Marillac and say this kid would start at St Johns, right away.Right now
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:00:16 PM by Marco Baldi »

sjd8886

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 12:56:18 PM »
can this kid play point?

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 02:12:27 PM »
can this kid play point?
Yeah, but he's more effective as a combo. I saw him again this weekend. He plays better in the structure of Findlay than with the Soldiers.

Not sure if this is out there already, but St. John's has offered Findlay Prep Guard Nick Johnson '11.

as per Recruitscoop

His mother is relatively attractive for a basketball mom. His dad coached for his freshman year in AZ along with his older brother, but then they sent him to Findlay to take his game to the next level. The Pac-10 schools, UNLV, and Texas have been all over him for a while. He's one of the better defenders in his class and plays with a loaded Oakland/Drew Gooden Soldiers program. Their starting five are all high-majors.

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 02:13:51 PM »
can this kid play point?
Yeah, but he's more effective as a combo. I saw him again this weekend. He plays better in the structure of Findlay than with the Soldiers.

as per Recruitscoop

His mother is relatively attractive for a basketball mom. His dad coached for his freshman year in AZ along with his older brother, but then they sent him to Findlay to take his game to the next level. The Pac-10 schools, UNLV, and Texas have been all over him for a while. He's one of the better defenders in his class and plays with a loaded Oakland/Drew Gooden Soldiers program. Their starting five are all high-majors.

Im sold. Get this kid Lavin

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 02:27:38 PM »
I should get a chance to see Johnson, up close and in person, at the Peach Jam in another month.

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 02:34:03 PM »
can this kid play point?

as per Recruitscoop

Im sold. Get this kid Lavin
Between he and Hines, hopefully they can make a little run on some Bay Area kids.
Brandon Ashley for our 4 in 2012. He said he's looking at the Pac-10 and Kansas right now.

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 03:02:24 PM »
This guy looks like the real deal.  He doesn't look to be a PG to me. 
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Re: Nick Johnson - G - Findlay Prep - Henderson, NV/ Gilbert, AZ
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 01:40:56 AM »
I was thinking the samething thing.....I would love to see this kid in a STJ uniform. I am usually not big on highlight films but I like his game. Can do it all.

Moose

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 12:58:04 PM »
Great size too
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »
Here is a recent article (actually, as of today) on Johnson via Rivals.... 

http://stjohns.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1090761&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Thanks to Moose.....  Here is the St. John's portion of the article.... 

The schools that have been on me the hardest are U of A, Louisville, Oklahoma State, St. John's, some schools like that have a pretty good chance. Pretty much everybody that's recruiting me is in it."

St. John's is an interesting school and more Southern California prospects are mentioning the Red Storm now that Steve Lavin, the former UCLA coach, has taken over the program. His visibility from being an ESPN college basketball commentator also helps Lavin in recruiting.

"Coach Lavin is a pretty cool guy," Johnson said. "I knew him from ESPN and everything like that. He's got a good opportunity coming into St. John's. They did pretty good in the Big East Tournament so he's got some good tools."

You gotta love how Lavin and the staff are making in-roads on some blue-chip players.  Hopefully, we'll be able to get a committment during this summer from a handful of 'em.

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »
Pretty good in the BE Tourney? lol

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 07:55:37 PM »
Knocked off U Conn and lost a close one to Marquette in a thriller... that's not bad for an underdog!  Add a new coach, it could look like a team that's close!

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 08:00:04 PM »
Knocked off U Conn and lost a close one to Marquette in a thriller... that's not bad for an underdog!  Add a new coach, it could look like a team that's close!

Yes sir, that NIT game was exciting as well

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 08:52:57 PM »
If some high-level kid saw it and thought "they're not that bad," and commits to St. John's... I'll take it.