Tyler Harris - SF - Hollow Hills Hs West - Dix Hills, NY - NC STATE

• 111 replies
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/02/tyler-harris-adds-more-offers/#more-34660

Among the schools showing interest are Georgia Tech, Maryland, Wisconsin, UCLA and George Mason, Iowa, West Virginia and St. John’s.

“Everything is open right now,” Torrel Harris said of the schools.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:24:33 PM by kjd01067 »

Re: Tyler Harris - SF - Hollow Hills Hs West - Dix Hills, NY
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 11:15:06 AM »
Taking a visit (unofficial) on tomorrow.... 

[tweet]http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/20713318013[/tweet]
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:15:47 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 02:27:47 PM »
HARRIS VISITS ST. JOHN’S

Tyler Harris, a 6-8 senior forward at Dix Hills (N.Y.) Half Hollow Hills West, visited St. John’s Wednesday and has several other unofficials planned.

Torrel Harris, Tyler’s father, says his son will take unofficials to UConn, Providence and Iowa the week of Aug. 21.

As for the St. John’s visit, Torrel said: “The visit was great. We met with all the coaches, including Coach [Steve] Lavin, who is a great guy. They followed Tyler the whole summer during the evaluation period so they know his strengths and weaknesses and they like the fact that he’s a very skilled player.

“I truly believe Coach Lavin is going to turn the basketball program into a major powerhouse. He has a great coaching staff.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/08/12/coach-doubts-drummond-will-reclassify-tyler-harris-plans-visits/

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 12:36:18 PM »
Harris with his top 10 list of schools....

6-9 senior Tyler Harris has a Top 10: UConn, USF, Washington, Providence, Rutgers, SJU, Duquesne, URI, Iowa & Wake.

[tweet]http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/21415212142[/tweet]

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 02:31:37 PM »
Reading that article makes me wonder about the advice these kids get.  Not one part of that quote did he say anything about school or education.  I know it is always about basketball first but atleast make it look like you care a little about school.  This is 3 schools in 3 years for Tyler now.  I've personally seen him play a few times and have never been impressed but he has a nice list of schools after him so who knows.   

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 03:19:35 PM »
Reading that article makes me wonder about the advice these kids get.  Not one part of that quote did he say anything about school or education.  I know it is always about basketball first but atleast make it look like you care a little about school.  This is 3 schools in 3 years for Tyler now.  I've personally seen him play a few times and have never been impressed but he has a nice list of schools after him so who knows.   
His dad is a hell of a promoter. Tyler's got good size and three-point ability for the three, but I wonder where Lavin/Dunlap would fit him in schematically with some combination of Polee, Garrett, and Harkless. Some guys have talked about him moving over to the two on offense, but I think that'll be a real stretch at the high-major level.

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 03:30:37 PM »
His dad is a hell of a promoter. Tyler's got good size and three-point ability for the three, but I wonder where Lavin/Dunlap would fit him in schematically with some combination of Polee, Garrett, and Harkless. Some guys have talked about him moving over to the two on offense, but I think that'll be a real stretch at the high-major level.

I know Sledge and Tobias dominated the ball a lot but a lot of the times he was invisible out there for Hills.  Even the most unskilled 6'7 guys should dominate out on Long Island.  I always assumed he was a low D1 player and then saw his rankings and schools recruiting him and was shocked.  Best of luck to him at St. Bens though.

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 03:45:16 PM »

I know Sledge and Tobias dominated the ball a lot but a lot of the times he was invisible out there for Hills.  Even the most unskilled 6'7 guys should dominate out on Long Island.  I always assumed he was a low D1 player and then saw his rankings and schools recruiting him and was shocked.  Best of luck to him at St. Bens though.
As you alluded to, he was their third option on offense last year at the hs level. In terms of the rankings, the fact that he comes from a good pedigree, Tobias was a somewhat late bloomer, and it isn't a deep class realistically benefits him.

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 12:31:41 PM »
Per Zags....  "Tyler Harris has cut his list to 7: St. John's, NC State, Wake, Providence, Iowa, USF and UCOnn"

[tweet]http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/22720680855[/tweet]

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 10:04:27 PM »
Looks skillful.

Also looks like he needs a lot more strength.  But might be nice as a change of pace 4/ power forward in a running offense, maybe?

Tyler Harris Golden Hoops Highlights/Video Interview | scoutsfocus

pmg911

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 10:21:08 AM »
Tobias was a somewhat late bloomer, and it isn't a deep class realistically benefits him.

Tobias was a late bloomer..?

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 03:34:27 PM »
Tobias was a somewhat late bloomer, and it isn't a deep class realistically benefits him.

By that, I meant Tobias exploded up the rankings much later in his hs career (going from a borderline top 100 player as a rising junior to one firmly ensconced in the top ten, as a graduating senior), after he refined his body (particularly) and game, through his work ethic and with help from Jerry Powell.

Moose

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 04:46:36 PM »

By that, I meant Tobias exploded up the rankings much later in his hs career (going from a borderline top 100 player as a rising junior to one firmly ensconced in the top ten, as a graduating senior), after he refined his body (particularly) and game, through his work ethic and with help from Jerry Powell.

Is Tyler or will Tyler be working out with Jerry Powell as well?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 05:34:15 PM »

He has, but, with the move to St.B's, I'm not sure how much he will during the season.

Kyrie (Irving) said the traffic and trains makes it a real trek to get out to Powell from North NJ. St. B's doesn't have a great weight room, but Rosh McLeod, who, as you know, has gone through NBA workouts and coached at the high-major level, should be able to give him a lot of individual attention, in terms of skill development and conditioning.

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 05:42:09 PM »

He has, but, with the move to St.B's, I'm not sure how much he will during the season.

Kyrie (Irving) said the traffic and trains makes it a real trek to get out to Powell from North NJ. St. B's doesn't have a great weight room, but Rosh McLeod, who, as you know, has gone through NBA workouts and coached at the high-major level, should be able to give him a lot of individual attention, in terms of skill development and conditioning.
NTSG does Rosh hold any hard feelings toward SJU ?

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »

NTSG does Rosh hold any hard feelings toward SJU ?
No, he's fine. He's very laid back, but friendly for a guy from our area. He was the reason why Kyrie seriously considered IU. The only coach that he rightfully has a problem with is Tom Crean, but he would never blast him in public.

He's got a very fast, high-major caliber 2012 pg, Jaylen Beckham, to come up from Kentucky.

Poison

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 07:11:12 PM »
I don't know why McCloud would have any I'll will against us.

He left St.John's because they wanted him to play inside, and he wanted to sit on the 3 point line and shoot threes.

Moose

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 07:17:04 PM »
I don't know why McCloud would have any I'll will against us.

He left St.John's because they wanted him to play inside, and he wanted to sit on the 3 point line and shoot threes.

Plus there is nobody left from when he was here.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 02:12:28 AM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/ReggieRankin/status/23192678244[/tweet]

ESPNU 100 SG Tyler Harris had a good visit and meeting with Coach Jim Calhoun at UCONN