Tyler Harris - SF - Hollow Hills Hs West - Dix Hills, NY - NC STATE

• 111 replies

Moose

Re: Tyler Harris - SF - Hollow Hills Hs West - Dix Hills, NY
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2010, 10:38:45 AM »
Anyone else think he finishes his career at Hofstra?

Maybe Iona just for you
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2010, 10:49:17 AM »
Incidently, Iona is hosting Hofstra this year.

Hofstra is picked to finish in the upper half of the CAA despite all of the players they've lost.

« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »
Incidently, Iona is hosting Hofstra this year.

Hofstra is picked to finish in the upper half of the CAA despite all of the players they've lost.

IONA will spank them, just like last year at Hofstra. Glover might drop 40

kjd01067

« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2010, 08:46:13 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/08/03/commitments-galore-on-monday/

Tyler Harris, the younger brother of Tobias Harris, will reclassify to the Class of 2012 and enroll in prep school after graduation. Harris and his brother both started elementary school a year early, according to their father, Torrel.

“At this point in Tyler’s career,  I think he will benefit from regaining the year he missed in order to mature mentally and physically,” Torrel wrote in an email. “We have decided as a family that after graduation from high school at Half Hollow Hills High School West he will enroll as a post grad at an undecided prep school, re-classifying as a graduate of his actual class, 2012.”

Tyler holds offers from UConn, Duquesne, Tennessee, Hofstra, Delaware and Fordham, according to his father.

Poison

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2010, 10:04:44 AM »
Is Uconn the new SJU. Not exactly impressive company on that list.

If you think about it, and guys like Calhoun and Boeheim retire what's going to get kids to go to college in the middle nowhere?

Syracuse is already grooming Mike Hopkins to be Boeheim's replacement. That never works out well.

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2010, 10:57:17 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/08/03/commitments-galore-on-monday/

Tyler Harris, the younger brother of Tobias Harris, will reclassify to the Class of 2012 and enroll in prep school after graduation. Harris and his brother both started elementary school a year early, according to their father, Torrel.

“At this point in Tyler’s career,  I think he will benefit from regaining the year he missed in order to mature mentally and physically,” Torrel wrote in an email. “We have decided as a family that after graduation from high school at Half Hollow Hills High School West he will enroll as a post grad at an undecided prep school, re-classifying as a graduate of his actual class, 2012.”

Tyler holds offers from UConn, Duquesne, Tennessee, Hofstra, Delaware and Fordham, according to his father.

This an old article.  Have Tyler and his father actually decided to reclassify?  I haven't heard any news about this actually taking place.

I think you may wanna move this back to 2011.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 11:01:08 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2010, 11:00:19 AM »
Is Uconn the new SJU. Not exactly impressive company on that list.

If you think about it, and guys like Calhoun and Boeheim retire what's going to get kids to go to college in the middle nowhere?

Syracuse is already grooming Mike Hopkins to be Boeheim's replacement. That never works out well.

A very old article, Poison.  I don't know why that particular article was dugged up.  Harris had better schools then those listed recently targeting him.

He's actually down to St. John's, NC State and Providence.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 11:04:35 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2010, 11:03:36 AM »
Here is an article from yesterday, per Projo.com (Providence-based site)....

The Friars are clearly looking for a point man and also a scoring wing. The top hope on the wing is Tyler Harris, the 6-7 forward from Dix Hills, N.Y. who visited with Boatright last week. Harris' father, Torrell Harris, said a few days ago that his son will announce his school on November 5 and is down to PC, North Carolina State, St. John's and Iowa. Harris will visit SJU a few days before his announcement and there is growing speculation that he may want to join what is one of the best classes of recruits for 2011 at St. John's. We'll see.

http://hoopsblog.projo.com/2010/10/hoop-items-for.html

Wods317

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2010, 12:54:47 PM »
I would never discourage a top 100 player from coming here but with all the higher ranked wings we are bringing in its surprising he's still considering us. I know that Lavin has a plan for him and will sell that to him and his father on their visit so I wouldn't be surprised to see him commit here. It can't hurt to have a bunch of talented wings who are long and tall and capable of playing multiple positions but I'm just surprised to see him visiting but thats Lavin for you.

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2010, 01:12:57 PM »
I would never discourage a top 100 player from coming here but with all the higher ranked wings we are bringing in its surprising he's still considering us. I know that Lavin has a plan for him and will sell that to him and his father on their visit so I wouldn't be surprised to see him commit here. It can't hurt to have a bunch of talented wings who are long and tall and capable of playing multiple positions but I'm just surprised to see him visiting but thats Lavin for you.

I'm also shocked that we're still in for Harris.  I figured he would've took us off his list after Pointer committed.  Not to mention, he's taking an official visit here, as well.

I, remember hearing he could grow a couple of inches before it's all said and done.  I'm not sure there is any merit to that scenario, but it's been floated out there. 

Maybe, he grows to 6'10" and be a threat in the post and on the perimeter.  We might be able to bring him along slowly, considering there will be other quality players on the roster. 

Never know....  He could turn out to be a quality 3-4 year player.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 02:06:55 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2010, 03:05:23 PM »
along the lines of reclassifying...do you think there is any chance you sell this kid on coming and being a redshirt for a year since he is a year younger rather than going to prep school. it would allow him to develop and practice with the core group of incomming frosh but also be a body that stays after this huge class moves on

Poison

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2010, 04:08:32 PM »
Can Tyler play inside? Because that would make him a valuable addition.

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2010, 01:20:45 AM »
He's not coming here.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2010, 10:25:47 AM »
He's not coming here.

Rightly so, he should go somewhere where he will get time

pmg911

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2010, 11:37:07 AM »
He's not coming here.

Rightly so, he should go somewhere where he will get time

I have heard Providence fro ma few people but who knows..!!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2010, 11:55:43 AM »
I've heard Providence too, from some of the recruiting bloggers.

« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »
PC wouldn't be a bad look for him. He could be Gomes-esque there.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2010, 02:35:54 PM »
Tyler Harris is down to three schools,

The 6-foot-8 wing from Long Island and Newark (N.J.) St. Benedict’s Prep will not visit St. John’s this weekend as originally scheduled and is now down to N.C. State, Iowa and Providence.

“Tyler’s official visit to St. John’s is cancelled,” Torrel Harris said by text. He will announce Nov. 5.

Harris declined further comment.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/10/28/harris-down-to-3-thomas-faust-to-announce/#more-41666

Wods317

« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2010, 03:44:52 PM »
Seems like a good decisions by him. He seems to be very much a wing player and we have three very good SFs already with Garret still considering us.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 03:45:14 PM by Wods317 »

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2010, 04:34:09 PM »
I dont think Garret is coming here. I hope we just focus on Pele and Gods gift or that JUCO big and save another scholi for 2012