God'sgift Achiuwa - PF - Erie Community College - Nigeria, Africa - ST. JOHN'S

• 304 replies
yup.. that's why I said... he looks to be more athletic than Coker and I hope that translates to less useless fouls and more putbacks

A dunk line is a dunk line but to dispel the Coker comparisons Gift was throwing down between the legs windmill dunks on Friday.  I don't think Coker could have ever even attempted anything like that.

I am just happy that Gift is not another Dele Coker or Abe Keita.. that was my fear before seeing him in person.. just watching him during their round robin, I could tell that he is more athletic than Coker and hopefully that could translate to less useless fouls and better offensive putbacks.. he actually did the eastbay funk dunk (ball between the legs in midair)

He is a nice athletic big man, probably would be better suited for the 4. I was impressed with his quickness at the tip off

Let's hope we can get Norvel cleared for December.  It would help both guys.

Let's hope that Norvel can get Norvel cleared.

With the NCAA handing out the decisions haphazardly, its not always just in the kid's hands.  Yes, if all the kids aced all their tests through their career they wouldn't be in that position.  Norvel seems to be getting A's at Phelps now.  I don't know what he needs to make it on board in December though, so I can't say.
Uh oh-all A's? That scares me. Mix in a few C's and B's will you Norvelle. ;) :)

RedVet

I am just happy that Gift is not another Dele Coker or Abe Keita.. that was my fear before seeing him in person.. just watching him during their round robin, I could tell that he is more athletic than Coker and hopefully that could translate to less useless fouls and better offensive putbacks.. he actually did the eastbay funk dunk (ball between the legs in midair)

He is a nice athletic big man, probably would be better suited for the 4. I was impressed with his quickness at the tip off

Let's hope we can get Norvel cleared for December.  It would help both guys.

Let's hope that Norvel can get Norvel cleared.

With the NCAA handing out the decisions haphazardly, its not always just in the kid's hands.  Yes, if all the kids aced all their tests through their career they wouldn't be in that position.  Norvel seems to be getting A's at Phelps now.  I don't know what he needs to make it on board in December though, so I can't say.
Uh oh-all A's? That scares me. Mix in a few C's and B's will you Norvelle. ;) :)

If he keeps taking trips to the West Coast, he might mix in a few D's and F's.

What a pick-up this guy is.  WOW.  He is a beast.  Very excited to see him progress over the course of this season.  God's on our side!
@Coachnice persong

Coach glad to see you contributing to the board. Now that Gift is on the team we can talk about him in the "In the Jungle" board. This is all about the recruiting process and is now archived.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle