Nurideen Lindsey - PG - Redlands CC - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 402 replies

Poison

Re: Nurideen Lindsey - PG - Redlands CC - Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 07:44:15 AM »
Great news. I'm okay with 3 point guards on the roster.

How many times did Norm lose a key guard, and have to make do with whatever he had?

Lavin is much smarter than that. He'll find several guys that can run the point whether they are point guards or not.

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 09:14:12 AM »
Say hello to your 2011 PG. He's announcing Friday

http://johnnyjungle.com/recruiting/nurideen-lindsey-to-announce-commitment-to-st-johns/
Congratulations on the scoop, Dave
manbearpig likes this... but wat is his ranking sorry ifi missed this

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 10:25:14 AM »
We don't want Stith to go anywhere.
You need 3 PG's on a balanced roster.

In 2009 he was listed as 2 star per scout.
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=3223005

I read somewhere last week (lost the link) that he was more of a 2G in HS ?

Molloy '71

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 10:28:11 AM »
Check out the ESPN synopsis of Lindsey (the first post on this thread).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:29:25 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 10:41:04 AM »
Isn't it unusual to have 3 years eligibility coming from a JC ?
He graduated HS in 2009 ?

Just saw Dave's post on Redmen.com about sitting out the last 2 years.
Dave- did you meen 1 year ?

If he has 15 credits now- he needs about 45  more to graduate JC in spring '11 ?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:46:11 AM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 10:51:41 AM »
Steve - I think Lindsey didn't play a year.  I know he switched schools a couple of times, was supposed to go to prep school but fell off the map - the personal issues, I think, derailed him.  He might be starting JC this year or might have redshirted - more will be found out.

And some guys have enough or almost enough credits to qualify for NCAA play in high school, but do a JUCO year for either the missing credits or exposure.  Marquette's Jimmy Butler had 3 years after JUCO, others have done it as well.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:58:04 AM by peter »

Poison

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 11:09:50 AM »
45 credits? That sounds like a lot for one year.

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 11:48:55 AM »
June would be the end of summer session 1. So thats 3 semesters of 15 credits or 2 semesters of 18 credits and 1 semester of 12
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:51:51 AM by Dave »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2010, 07:36:17 AM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1133030

Lots of good stuff in here, about how and when the staff saw Lindsey (the Junior College camp);
says he hasn't decided when he's committing;
that LSU, Oklahoma State, LSU, and Miami are involved but St. John's is number 1;
says he was never committed to LaSalle;
will have 3 years of eligibility and is taking a heavier course load at JUCO;
says he wants to commit before the calendar year is over but won't sign until spring;
has known Tony Chiles a long time, has a strong relationship with him and has quickly built that with Lavin;
has spoken to Norvel Pelle who has a lot of interest in St. John's.

kjd01067

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2010, 07:48:18 AM »
I like the intro "Rumors have been swirling that Nurideen Lindsey will commit to St. John's this Friday".  Really where did you hear those rumors Alex Schwartz ?  Could have been Dave on JohnnyJungle???

pmg911

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2010, 10:30:13 AM »
Did Johny Jungle jump the gun a little bit...   seems that way according to the young man...   I certainly hope we secure this recruit though..!!

"I haven't decided when I'm gonna commit yet and I haven't decided where I'm gonna commit to," Lindsey said of the rumors. "It's just something that I'm guessing someone from New York started."

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2010, 10:59:53 AM »
Did Johny Jungle jump the gun a little bit...   seems that way according to the young man...   I certainly hope we secure this recruit though..!!

"I haven't decided when I'm gonna commit yet and I haven't decided where I'm gonna commit to," Lindsey said of the rumors. "It's just something that I'm guessing someone from New York started."
Do you sit at home and wait to say "did Johnny Jungle jump the gun?" Afterwards, do you feel spent?  Just checking.  You certainly seem to enjoy it for someone who posts here a lot!  ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2010, 11:03:50 AM »

manbearpig wants to know if the verbal commitment of lindsay is stil coming tomorrow

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2010, 11:23:25 AM »
The info came from Oklahoma from one of his teammates and Nuri said it too. So its possible he changed his mind when he started getting all this media attention but fact of the matter is they both said it. I'm not sweating it in the least bit.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 11:47:51 AM »
The info came from Oklahoma from one of his teammates and Nuri said it too. So its possible he changed his mind when he started getting all this media attention but fact of the matter is they both said it. I'm not sweating it in the least bit.

Noticed a couple Philly guys on that AAU team.
Remember who broke the Slice news

pmg911

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2010, 12:20:58 PM »

Do you sit at home and wait to say "did Johnny Jungle jump the gun?" Afterwards, do you feel spent?  Just checking.  You certainly seem to enjoy it for someone who posts here a lot!  ;D ;D ;D

Enjoy seeing a quote like that. . NO SIR....

Are we just supposed to sit here and not post what the young man says..? All I did was ask the question.

Peter. .  do you always feel the constant need to come to EVERYONE's defense..?

Just a thought..  and its pure speculation on my part.. . maybe the young man didn't like having his moment in the sun spoiled and is just dragging it out a little longer now because he can.

either way, I certainly hope Dave's scoop was right on the money and this young man joins the prgram.

Wods317

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2010, 12:32:48 PM »
Even if he doesn't commit tomorrow all the information in that article seems very favorable to us. He seems to really want to be here and has a relationship with Chiles and now Lavin. I hope he commits soon because it'd be nice to lock down a PG for this class.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »

Enjoy seeing a quote like that. . NO SIR....

Are we just supposed to sit here and not post what the young man says..? All I did was ask the question.

Peter. .  do you always feel the constant need to come to EVERYONE's defense..?

Just a thought..  and its pure speculation on my part.. . maybe the young man didn't like having his moment in the sun spoiled and is just dragging it out a little longer now because he can.

either way, I certainly hope Dave's scoop was right on the money and this young man joins the prgram.
You may be right that he'd like to reclaim his moment.  As for the rest, I didn't actually come to anyone's defense.  Let's keep the topic on Nurideen - and how our staff is earning their keep!

Poison

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »
Does anyone think it might not be in our best interest to be in the know regarding a soft verbal?

If Oklahoma for example, finds out that the kid is about to choose us, then they can attack us however they choose and possibly get him to re-open things.

Moose

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 05:51:38 PM »
Does anyone think it might not be in our best interest to be in the know regarding a soft verbal?

If Oklahoma for example, finds out that the kid is about to choose us, then they can attack us however they choose and possibly get him to re-open things.

I'm actually a little concerned about him not wanting to sign until the Spring.  Why not committ and sign in November?
Remember who broke the Slice news