Nurideen Lindsey - PG - Redlands CC - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 402 replies

MCNPA

Re: Nurideen Lindsey - PG - Redlands CC - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #260 on: July 18, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »
Just because a recruit is on campus and taking summer classes, it doesn't mean the player is fully qualified for athletic participation.

It usually means that the kid is enrolled at SJU.  Most players don't start their freshman coursework, which is what the summer session is, before being qualified, or am I missing something??  You have to be enrolled at SJU to start coursework.  How many times have you seen an elite recruit enrolled and then not qualify?

Derwin Kitchen, Rob Thomas

True about Derwin, but Thomas eventually became eligible for us.  As far as Nuri goes, apparently his grades are fine but he might have been on coursework.  Any news Dave on whether Nuri should be an issue?  I don't believe so, but maybe somebody has more info.

Thomas came in as a partial qualifier and had to sit out until December but he was hurt anyways. As for the grades of Nuri and all the players. Everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing in order to be where they are supposed to be come September/November. I think everyone has a lot of focus on this issue due to the fact there are so many new guys when this stuff occurs every year for a lot of guys/programs.

Only other notable player I've heard is Markus Kennedy of Nova who is still finishing work.  Ironically a teammate of Jakarr.  I'm sure Kevin Johnson of SHU is still doing work because he's supposedly a miracle if he qualifies.  What other notable guys aren't on their respective campuses yet.

Probably more than you know Moose.  You/we won't always hear about this stuff.  Much like Dave said, we hear about it because we're tuned in to it and because we have a large incoming class. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:16:38 PM by MCNPA »

Moose

« Reply #261 on: July 18, 2011, 11:17:38 PM »
Just because a recruit is on campus and taking summer classes, it doesn't mean the player is fully qualified for athletic participation.

It usually means that the kid is enrolled at SJU.  Most players don't start their freshman coursework, which is what the summer session is, before being qualified, or am I missing something??  You have to be enrolled at SJU to start coursework.  How many times have you seen an elite recruit enrolled and then not qualify?

True about Derwin, but Thomas eventually became eligible for us.  As far as Nuri goes, apparently his grades are fine but he might have been on coursework.  Any news Dave on whether Nuri should be an issue?  I don't believe so, but maybe somebody has more info.

Thomas came in as a partial qualifier and had to sit out until December but he was hurt anyways. As for the grades of Nuri and all the players. Everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing in order to be where they are supposed to be come September/November. I think everyone has a lot of focus on this issue due to the fact there are so many new guys when this stuff occurs every year for a lot of guys/programs.

Only other notable player I've heard is Markus Kennedy of Nova who is still finishing work.  Ironically a teammate of Jakarr.  I'm sure Kevin Johnson of SHU is still doing work because he's supposedly a miracle if he qualifies.  What other notable guys aren't on their respective campuses yet.

Probably more than you know Moose.  You/we won't always hear about this stuff.  Much like Dave said, we hear about it because we're tuned I. And because we have a large incoming class. 

Who then Marcus?  I like to think I follow college basketball and recruiting pretty intently.  I'm not doubting there are others but half of our class is in this predicament.  And we have other issues like Moe unfortunately.  I don't think its unfair question to ask.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #262 on: July 18, 2011, 11:25:46 PM »

Probably more than you know Moose.  You/we won't always hear about this stuff.  Much like Dave said, we hear about it because we're tuned I. And because we have a large incoming class. 

Who then Marcus?  I like to think I follow college basketball and recruiting pretty intently.  I'm not doubting there are others but half of our class is in this predicament.  And we have other issues like Moe unfortunately.  I don't think its unfair question to ask.

I dont have any names Moose, but i mostly follow our guys.  No doubt you follow it intently, but Im impressed if you're attuned to the summer academic status of Shane Benahan or a Deandre Daniels.

I still think when all is said and done, our guys won't be an issue.  At this point I have no idea why mo Harkless isn't cleared yet though.  I can only assume it is the absurdity of the NCAA dragging their feet. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:27:12 PM by MCNPA »

Moose

« Reply #263 on: August 01, 2011, 09:40:51 PM »
Someone tweeted that Nuri dropped 70 points tonight in a game. 

« Reply #264 on: August 01, 2011, 10:10:46 PM »
What ? Holy Cr@p !!!   

Moose

« Reply #265 on: August 01, 2011, 10:13:29 PM »
What ? Holy Cr@p !!!   

Seeing 77 or 78 now.

gman

« Reply #266 on: August 01, 2011, 10:48:35 PM »
What ? Holy Cr@p !!!   

Seeing 77 or 78 now.

Damn on what level of competition? 

« Reply #267 on: August 01, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »
What ? Holy Cr@p !!!   

Seeing 77 or 78 now.

I suspect it has to be better than when I had a triple double of 30-30-10 against the old white guys at the ymca on rec night :)

« Reply #268 on: August 01, 2011, 10:54:31 PM »
Nurideen Lindsey – You might not be as familiar with Lindsey as you are with Wayns or Lamb, but there is a good amount of talent in this 6’4” scoring guard that will be playing in the Big East with St. John next season. Though he certainly has the quickness and athleticism to play the point, he’ll likely be playing as an off-guard next season. He isn’t a polished outside shooter, but he’s a dynamic scorer that can get in the paint effortlessly and draw a lot of contact. There was some talk of him being an early 2nd round pick if he declared for the 2011 draft, but if he proves he can play well this season on a bigger stage, it’s not unrealistic to project him as a first rounder.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012-draft-sleepers-part-2
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Moose

« Reply #269 on: August 01, 2011, 11:15:32 PM »
What ? Holy Cr@p !!!   

Seeing 77 or 78 now.

Weren't their two leagues in Philly this summer?  The Sonny Hill League and the Chosen League or something?

Moose

« Reply #270 on: August 01, 2011, 11:24:32 PM »
Must have been something in the air tonight.

Kevin Durant dropped a Rucker Park record 66 pts tonight supposedly.

LJSA

« Reply #271 on: August 01, 2011, 11:30:12 PM »
I suspect it has to be better than when I had a triple double of 30-30-10 against the old white guys at the ymca on rec night :)

Any eligibility left? The Bayou Bull and the Huntington Hammer would make a formidable duo.

LJSA

« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2011, 11:31:51 PM »
If Lindsey can give us a fifth of that we'll really be on to something...

« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2011, 11:47:36 PM »
What ? Holy Cr@p !!!   

Seeing 77 or 78 now.

No thats impressive old white guys are the toughest competition they play so damn dirty  ;)

« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2011, 11:54:51 PM »
What ? Holy Cr@p !!!   

Seeing 77 or 78 now.

No thats impressive old white guys are the toughest competition they play so damn dirty  ;)
They do. Freaking hackers

« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2011, 11:58:48 PM »

Any eligibility left? The Bayou Bull and the Huntington Hammer would make a formidable duo.
Sadly I think my playing and betting in these hacker games has disqualified the huntington hammer. Plus the fact that I have lately been diagnosed with early onset of an arthritic knee stemming from dislocating it in a basketball game a long time ago.

« Reply #276 on: August 02, 2011, 12:06:41 AM »
This stuff just adds to the Nuri mystique.  No real game video on him but of course all the NBA talk and now he's dropping 70 (77? 78?) on people.  Really can't wait to see the kid play...

« Reply #277 on: August 02, 2011, 12:22:53 AM »
Maybe, this was the inspiration for Lindsey's play tonight....

I had someone tell me I fell off, oooh I needed that!

http://twitter.com/#!/NurideenLindsey/status/98096602597703681

Marillac

« Reply #278 on: August 02, 2011, 01:22:16 AM »
Amir played in one Chosen League game and tweeted that the competition was awful and he wouldn't be going back.  That caused a little controversy with some of the Chosen League people. 

« Reply #279 on: August 02, 2011, 07:24:11 AM »
Maybe, this was the inspiration for Lindsey's play tonight....

I had someone tell me I fell off, oooh I needed that!

http://twitter.com/#!/NurideenLindsey/status/98096602597703681

thats from a drake song. hardy posted the same thing on fb a few days back.