Dom Pointer -SF- Quality Education Academy - Detroit, MI - ST. JOHN'S

• 207 replies

crgreen

Re: Dom Pointer -SF- Quality Education Academy - Detroit, MI - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2011, 01:10:32 AM »
Wow - seems kinda weird there hasn't been a Pointer post in almost three WEEKS!!!!

Interesting development over on the Arizona Wildcats board.    Their coach, Sean Miller is apparently reporting that Josiah Turner has been cleared by the NCAA and is eligible for this season.

The interesting part, of course, is that part of what they were investigating with Turner was his last High School - Quality Education Academy - where his teammate was SirDominic Pointer.

One MIGHT extrpolate from this that the NCAA has "green-lighted"  QEA's academics, no??

MCNPA

« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2011, 01:22:44 AM »
Wow - seems kinda weird there hasn't been a Pointer post in almost three WEEKS!!!!

Interesting development over on the Arizona Wildcats board.    Their coach, Sean Miller is apparently reporting that Josiah Turner has been cleared by the NCAA and is eligible for this season.

The interesting part, of course, is that part of what they were investigating with Turner was his last High School - Quality Education Academy - where his teammate was SirDominic Pointer.

One MIGHT extrpolate from this that the NCAA has "green-lighted"  QEA's academics, no??

Cr, it is already known that Sir'Dom is already enrolled at SJU and is taking summer courses.  He's a full-go and qualified, or should I say "Qualitized"...

« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2011, 01:51:40 AM »
Yea if he's enrolled he should be good to go.  I assume when zags reported on twitter a month or two ago that we were still waiting on 4 guys he meant moe (maybe Nuri) and the three guys currently in philly.  I dont think Sir Dom was an issue.  It looks promising now, hopefully we can get all these guys in on time.   

MCNPA

« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2011, 02:30:51 AM »
Yea if he's enrolled he should be good to go.  I assume when zags reported on twitter a month or two ago that we were still waiting on 4 guys he meant moe (maybe Nuri) and the three guys currently in philly.  I dont think Sir Dom was an issue.  It looks promising now, hopefully we can get all these guys in on time.

From the looks of it, all we're waiting to hear officially about are guys like Amir, Jakarr, Norvel and Nuri.  That said, 3 are at Rise and thus far no indication that any need to jump any major hurdles to finish up.  Only one I guess has some mystery is Nuri, but for all we know he could be in the clear already and just waiting for fall semester to start. 

crgreen

« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2011, 01:42:25 PM »

Cr, it is already known that Sir'Dom is already enrolled at SJU and is taking summer courses.  He's a full-go and qualified, or should I say "Qualitized"...

Schea Cotton  - Lavin's HIGHEST ranked recruit - was already enrolled and attending classes at UCLA in fall 1997 when the Clearinghouse announced new "questions" on his eligibility - he finally was allowed to play Div 1 ball for Alabama during the  2000 season....

« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »
Saw him talking to Phil Greene on Twitter about both of them flying in tomorrow to be on campus. It'll be good to see in the next coming week all the recruits finally together on campus.

Gumby

« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2011, 10:01:57 PM »
A nice break from the circus.

« Reply #190 on: October 13, 2011, 08:31:03 PM »
This guy is way off with his playing time predictions-does he realize we have 7 legit players. He must think walkons are going to get alot of PT because he has some guys playing 10 min. some 20, some 25-30. 200min divided by 7 is almost 30 min per game!

Moose

« Reply #191 on: October 13, 2011, 10:01:25 PM »
This guy is way off with his playing time predictions-does he realize we have 7 legit players. He must think walkons are going to get alot of PT because he has some guys playing 10 min. some 20, some 25-30. 200min divided by 7 is almost 30 min per game!

The guy posts here so he can defend himself :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #192 on: October 13, 2011, 10:32:28 PM »

The guy posts here so he can defend himself :)
What's to defend-it is a simply matter of numbers-his don't add up unless walkons plat buku minutes! ::)

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2011, 03:15:06 PM »
What's to defend-it is a simply matter of numbers-his don't add up unless walkons plat buku minutes! ::)
I see what you're saying (as that guy, I am here to defend myself).  I'm being conservative with the minutes in the predictions because I can't see some of these freshmen playing 35+ out of position. You make a good point about the minutes, I didn't add them up ahead of the posts. It was more of a feel, and Harrison should probably be in the 30+ range every single game.

The time prediction is a bit of a crapshoot; I don't know how well they will take to banging against high-level athletes, how foul-prone they are. I'm assuming Dom is a little foul prone. His style is athleticism and energy, and that often makes for a foul-prone first year player, more than guys whose games are more skill-focused.

Hey, I could always be wrong. It's a debate starter, not Russian Roulette!

« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2011, 07:42:07 PM »
I see what you're saying (as that guy, I am here to defend myself).  I'm being conservative with the minutes in the predictions because I can't see some of these freshmen playing 35+ out of position. You make a good point about the minutes, I didn't add them up ahead of the posts. It was more of a feel, and Harrison should probably be in the 30+ range every single game.

The time prediction is a bit of a crapshoot; I don't know how well they will take to banging against high-level athletes, how foul-prone they are. I'm assuming Dom is a little foul prone. His style is athleticism and energy, and that often makes for a foul-prone first year player, more than guys whose games are more skill-focused.

Hey, I could always be wrong. It's a debate starter, not Russian Roulette!
Much props for admitting to the possible error of your opinion and I must admit that tiredness and foul trouble can hold their minutes down regardless of our needs-I cop to overlooking that possibility. Had we had the numbers in players your predictions make even more sense.

« Reply #195 on: August 16, 2012, 05:13:07 PM »
Sir Dom sporting a beard!

http://instagram.com/p/OZ0vD7RODU/

Moose

« Reply #196 on: August 16, 2012, 05:16:28 PM »

Um is that Greg Oden with him?

And pretty sure beards don't fly with Lavin.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #197 on: August 16, 2012, 05:36:33 PM »

Um is that Greg Oden with him?

And pretty sure beards don't fly with Lavin.

i've seen a couple of pics from our guys where they seem to be photoshopping to make it seem like they're playing against themselves. 

and i think the no beard rule only applies during the season, along with the no twitter rule.

« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2012, 12:37:02 PM »
KJ @PointForwardPro
7m
Much improved Sir Dominic Pointer will be the x-factor on both ends for the #Johnnies this season #stjbb

« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2012, 12:58:13 PM »
KJ @PointForwardPro
7m
Much improved Sir Dominic Pointer will be the x-factor on both ends for the #Johnnies this season #stjbb

Hope this is correct. X factor sums it up perfectly, along with garrett
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.