Quincy Miller - F - Westchester Country Day School - Chicago - BAYLOR

• 13 replies
That package of Miller and Bello could be looking to come here now.

Any of the connected guys here like NTSG or anyone else hearing anything about this ?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 05:50:40 PM by kjd01067 »

Re: Rumor from Fordham on redmen.com
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 08:22:06 PM »

Any of the connected guys here like NTSG or anyone else hearing anything about this ?

manbearpig says he has heard nothing out in the woods. keep us posted

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 08:33:46 PM »
Apparently Miller has decided. I don't think it looks too good for us.  We just had our Midnight Madness and they weren't there nor were they even mentioned by any reporters or anyone close to the program.

They've never visited.  I'd like our chances a lot more if this played out another couple of weeks because I think we are a far more desirable location than Baylor and Louisville has is problems now too.  Plus, we play Duke and Q probably has a bone to pick with them.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 08:38:34 PM »
Doesn't smell right...I'm sure Fordham is just passing on what he is hearing but this doesn't make much sense.  We really haven't been mentioned much with them and they haven't visited at all.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 08:41:20 PM »

Respectfully, no comment on Q or Deuce.

Apparently Miller has decided. I don't think it looks too good for us.  We just had our Midnight Madness and they weren't there nor were they even mentioned by any reporters or anyone close to the program.

They've never visited.  I'd like our chances a lot more if this played out another couple of weeks because I think we are a far more desirable location than Baylor and Louisville has is problems now too.  Plus, we play Duke and Q probably has a bone to pick with them.
Q has no problem with Duke.
Carolina and Roy Wiliams-yes

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 08:55:28 PM »
I haven't heard anything about this and I do know the staff is working on someone that hasn't been mentioned and they'd like to keep it that way. However I don't think what I'm talking about is too promising so I wouldn't hold much hope for it anyways.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 08:57:30 PM »

Thug life? Or someone wants to get paid? or both?

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 09:05:28 PM »

Thug life? Or someone wants to get paid? or both?

Miller and Bello AAU team is D-One Sports.  I have a hunch that is where the Sleaveless One is going with this one. 

gonzalo

Re: Quincy Miller - F - Westchester Country Day School- Chicago
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 02:01:00 AM »
If Miller and Bello come to St. John´s, then it´s going to happen one of these two options:

1 - Some of these players (Pelle, Garrett, Pointer, Lindsey, God´s Gift) won´t come.

2 - Or we are not going to get any player of 2012 class.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 04:15:08 AM »
If Miller and Bello come to St. John´s, then it´s going to happen one of these two options:

1 - Some of these players (Pelle, Garrett, Pointer, Lindsey, God´s Gift) won´t come.

2 - Or we are not going to get any player of 2012 class.

I don't think anyone expects us to get all those players you listed.  Even if by some miracle we landed Deuce and Quincy, we would not need a few of those players anyway.  Also, if Lavin did give out all ten scholarships, a transfer or two would be inevitable. 

We will have room somehow for at least one player in 2012.

Tha Kid

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 07:41:04 AM »
Gonzalo:

Quincy miller is the #4 rated player overall in the class, why worry about who we can't get?

That would make 5 players, nuri would make 6.  Pelle would still have a starting spot and make 7.  Could it scare away pointer or garrett potentially? Sure potentially, but you'd have to think quincy miller may be a one and done, and these guys are all so confident they may not care provided there is no one AHEAD of them on the depth chart.  Let's worry about that amazing problem if miller/bello to sju comes to fruition.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 08:47:48 AM »
Gonzalo:

Quincy miller is the #4 rated player overall in the class, why worry about who we can't get?

That would make 5 players, nuri would make 6.  Pelle would still have a starting spot and make 7.  Could it scare away pointer or garrett potentially? Sure potentially, but you'd have to think quincy miller may be a one and done, and these guys are all so confident they may not care provided there is no one AHEAD of them on the depth chart.  Let's worry about that amazing problem if miller/bello to sju comes to fruition.

Agree, Kid!  What an amazing problem to have!  Not very long ago, we would've been on pins and needles about landing a 2 or 3-star player or two.  No disrespect to those kinda players, as some of 'em blossom into solid collegiate players.  But, y'all catch my drift.

Now we're worrying about how we're going to have room for 4 and 5-star talent.  I was hoping for a solid 2011 class and we seem to be on the "right" path.  We've nabbed one kid who I really, really wanted in Harrison and hopefully, we can nab a couple of other kids who I truly want in Pelle and Garrett. 

I'm still hoping those two kids, along with Lindsey, Pointer and God's Gift.  But, you also cannot turn away players like Miller and Bello.  Miller is probably gonna be a one-and-doner, but Bello is basically an athletic freak who still needs to fine tune his game.  He seems to not have a position, but could be a terror on the court in the system we're probably gonna run.

Very interesting (rumor) scenario....  I love these problems!   :)

gonzalo

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 10:31:03 AM »
All signs point toward Westchester (N.C.) Country Day School F Quincy Miller announcing for Baylor, a source with knowledge said

http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/27738494563