Ryan Harrow - PG - NC ST Transfer - Marietta, GA - KENTUCKY

• 199 replies
Re: Ryan Harrow - PG - NC ST Transfer - Marietta, GA
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2011, 06:35:35 PM »
i think amir just saw the "st johns is our home" thing and got carried away

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2011, 06:45:22 PM »
I kind of brushed this off when I first saw it. This is getting serious now. Had no idea about the connections.

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 07:08:12 PM »
i wouldnt mind getting harrow hes a talented pg and then get gathers or anderson

Moose

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 07:14:24 PM »
i think amir just saw the "st johns is our home" thing and got carried away

Exactly I think Amir took Zags headline and ran with it.
Remember who broke the Slice news

NYCoffey

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 09:33:31 PM »
Whould he be a 2011 or would he have to sit out a year?

Mike

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2011, 09:43:10 PM »
Whould he be a 2011 or would he have to sit out a year?
Sit out for the year

Marillac

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2011, 10:36:29 PM »
WOW this could potentially expedite our rise back.  This kid would be in his third season of high major ball the year Jevon comes to campus.  We'd go from having a freshman at point to having a three year player (with Nuri also an older junior).

I remember my friend--a NC. State--alum raving about this kid.  He looksk really thin, which means he could really get a lot better as he adds 10-12 pounds this year.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:46:33 PM by Marillac »

Moose

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2011, 11:19:19 PM »
WOW this could potentially expedite our rise back.  This kid would be in his third season of high major ball the year Jevon comes to campus.  We'd go from having a freshman at point to having a three year player (with Nuri also an older junior).

I remember my friend--a NC. State--alum raving about this kid.  He looksk really thin, which means he could really get a lot better as he adds 10-12 pounds this year.

If Harrow comes I think its clear Jevon needs another year for the books.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2011, 11:29:59 PM »

Agreed.  Even if he is qualified they may ask him to do a post-grad year just to make room.  Villanova did that with Malcolm Grant in 2006 when they took Scottie Reynolds late after he had gotten his release from Oklahoma after Sampson took the Indiana job. 

BTW-It looks like SJU is getting the last visit in the 5/17-18 area of the month.

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2011, 12:00:07 AM »
Looking on the bright side. Could it be another case of prep school followed by 2 years at a JC

MCNPA

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2011, 08:54:46 AM »

Agreed.  Even if he is qualified they may ask him to do a post-grad year just to make room.  Villanova did that with Malcolm Grant in 2006 when they took Scottie Reynolds late after he had gotten his release from Oklahoma after Sampson took the Indiana job. 

BTW-It looks like SJU is getting the last visit in the 5/17-18 area of the month.

1). It seems almost certain that Jevon needs anoth year.  Kid should head up to Brewster and reclassify for the 2013 class as I believe he will anyway.

2). Lavin has the last visit.  Lavin always wins when he has the last visit.  He's A, B, C'ing it as usual. 

This kid's scenario is absolutely perfect for us.  5 star PG transfer who will sit out a year and get exponentially better by doing so.  Enters with 3 years eligibility in 2012.  Great for this kid as well.  I think he's ours.

MCNPA

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2011, 09:05:11 AM »
The real question is, with Sean Miller likely heading to Maryland, do we keep our ship extended to Soumaoro and if not, which one of Arizona's recruits do we poach? ;)

gonzalo

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2011, 09:50:30 AM »
We would / will have eight sophomores in 2012-13 with Harrow.

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2011, 10:29:00 AM »

I doubt we end up having 8 seniors in 2014-2015.

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2011, 10:32:37 AM »
Does Miller leaving have any impact on Dunlap's status?

MCNPA

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2011, 10:37:59 AM »

Highly doubt it.  Arizona isn't hiring Dunlap as HC now if they didn't before. 

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2011, 10:37:59 AM »

I doubt it.  I don't see Arizona hiring Dunlap, as a head coach.  OTOH, there could be a chain reaction, if Arizona hires from outside the program.  Then his name could be thrown in the mix.

I have a good feeling he'll be with the Johnnies, along with Harrow.   ;)

MCNPA

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2011, 10:41:53 AM »
If and when Sean Miller leaves, it will be Josh Pastner headed to Zona.  He's a former Arizona player and has ties there and is a great young recruiter/coach.

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2011, 11:43:16 AM »

Technically he would be a junior academically but with 3 years of playing eligibility left.

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2011, 03:38:52 PM »
For class of 2010, ESPN had Ryan rated overall #39, and #8 PG:
November, 2009: Don't let Harrow's willowy frame fool you, the kid is an assassin. While exploding for 47 points he showed his ability to score in a variety of ways (Elite 8 Thanksgiving Hardwood Classic). He knocks it down from behind the arc; gets into the paint or to the rim at will and is automatic from the free-throw line. He plays with extreme confidence and is fearless attacking the rim versus bigger players. He has great body control and is surprisingly explosive going to the basket in transition; he brought the thunder on a couple of occasions that got the crowd to its feet. Although he spends a lot of time playing off the ball for his high school team he needs to be more discrete with his passes as he turned it over 5 times with a few careless decisions. He will need to develop his body to defend and compete against some off the bigger ACC guards, but he is a handful to contain in his own right and is capable of running a team while still being a scoring threat.