Ice Asortse - PF - Mississippi Gulf Cost CC - Nigeria

• 11 replies
Ice Asortse - PF - Mississippi Gulf Cost CC - Nigeria
« on: January 24, 2012, 06:08:32 PM »
Any interest in this kid? Backup plan if Obepka goes elsewhere?

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/06/21/the-best-name-in-hoops-the-iceman-cometh/

He has taken unofficials to Maryland and Georgetown and may visit West Virginia and Marquette sometime soon.

“I want to play in the Big East,” he said. “Maryland is the only school that is not in the Big east that I really like.”

Asortse said he’s knows St. John’s Achiuwa from back home in Nigeria, although they never faced off.

“He’s real good,” he said of the man they call ‘Gift.’ “He’s strong.”

But if the Iceman lands in the Big East in 2012, look out. Somebody might need some ice packs.

“I like playing really physical,” he said.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:23:42 PM by kjd01067 »

Poison

Re: Ice Asortse-PF-whereabouts unknown
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 06:33:53 PM »
Any interest in this kid? Backup plan if Obepka goes elsewhere?

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/06/21/the-best-name-in-hoops-the-iceman-cometh/

He has taken unofficials to Maryland and Georgetown and may visit West Virginia and Marquette sometime soon.

“I want to play in the Big East,” he said. “Maryland is the only school that is not in the Big east that I really like.”

Asortse said he’s knows St. John’s Achiuwa from back home in Nigeria, although they never faced off.

“He’s real good,” he said of the man they call ‘Gift.’ “He’s strong.”

But if the Iceman lands in the Big East in 2012, look out. Somebody might need some ice packs.

“I like playing really physical,” he said.

I'd take him.

desco80

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 06:41:31 PM »
What could have peaked your interest in this guy Baldi?

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/01/24/the-iceman-likes-iona/

With that said he doesn't seem to be attracting major interest any more.  "Niagara, Stephen F. Austin and LIU" are also involved in addition to Iona.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 06:54:24 PM »

With that said he doesn't seem to be attracting major interest any more.  "Niagara, Stephen F. Austin and LIU" are also involved in addition to Iona.

The link I posted I saw on IOna board, didnt even see the 1 you posted. Thanks

DFF6

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 07:17:57 PM »
Based on Ice's numbers in community college, 10 points, 9 boards per game, he might be a decent role player on our team, and I guess if we don't land two of the bigs we are currently wooing, he might be worth a serious look, but I wouldn't call this kid a legit back-up plan to Obepka; more like a desperation plan.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 10:46:53 PM »
Based on Ice's numbers in community college, 10 points, 9 boards per game, he might be a decent role player on our team, and I guess if we don't land two of the bigs we are currently wooing, he might be worth a serious look, but I wouldn't call this kid a legit back-up plan to Obepka; more like a desperation plan.
Team could use another banger down low.  Plus, it may help smoothing out the scholly flow

DFF6

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 11:38:42 PM »
Team could use another banger down low.  Plus, it may help smoothing out the scholly flow

Not arguing the need for another big down low (we need it), and I didn't consider the scholly flow aspect, which could have a positive effect.  I was just thinking of Ice as a poor consolation prize to not getting a shot blocking machine like Obepka. 

Moose

Re: Ice Asortse - PF - Mississippi Gulf Cost CC - Nigeria
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 07:41:50 AM »
We would definitely have the all name team
Remember who broke the Slice news

derk

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 09:45:51 AM »

We already have 1 undersized Nigerian. Pass

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 08:37:48 PM »
Zagsblog reports Ice Asortse, a 6-foot-7, 238-pound forward from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, has formally committed to Iona.

DFF6

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 09:18:36 PM »
Zagsblog reports Ice Asortse, a 6-foot-7, 238-pound forward from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, has formally committed to Iona.

Iona gave up on Orlando, Baldi?

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 09:31:15 PM »

Iona gave up on Orlando, Baldi?

Orlando better be in Queens