Harrison suspended rest of the year

• 537 replies

MCNPA

Re: Harrison suspended rest of the year
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 09:55:12 AM »
I'm not buying it.

Of course you're not buying it. You wouldn't believe Lavin was a murderer if you saw him standing over a dismembered body with a bloody machete. You have zero credibility. Zero.

You lost all your credibility pushing Siena.  Made you a bigger joke than you already are.

Harrison has been a visible problem on the court.  If you can't see it you are blind, and I've been a Harrison supporter.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:58:19 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »
UGGGGHHHHH

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 10:00:12 AM »
If things were that bad we might get more out of Marco, Balamou and Branch collectively then what a disgruntled Harrison was giving us anyway.

What are the odds on that.
we were getting zilch from harrison of late...just bricks and bad attitude.  collectively, we'll be better.  we were going to get our asses kicked in virtually all our final games, anyway.
any nba hopes harrison had are down the drain.  no one needs a problem from a marginal player.

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 10:01:25 AM »
does anyone know if the problem is similar to the nurideen fiasco last year.  yes i know harrison is a much bigger talent and no dunlap but in terms of the the issues in practice etc.

Tha Kid

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 10:01:50 AM »
Kid is a good college player but whill never make it in NBA.

If he comes back, great, if not - good luck to him...

You can only coach the kids who are there...

Agreed PMG.  +1.   Next year we'll have Branch, Greene, Pointer, Sampson, Sanchez, with Garrett, Bourgault, Hooper, Balamalou and God's Gift.  EVen without another recruit, I think that is a team that will make the tourney as a 5-10 seed.  Add Rysheed Jordan and perhaps you're in the 3-7 range instead. 

For all we know team chemistry will improve sans Harrison.  Seems to make our longshot NCAA chances evaporate into thin air this year but ya never know.
"I drink and I know things"

derk

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 10:02:30 AM »
If things were that bad we might get more out of Marco, Balamou and Branch collectively then what a disgruntled Harrison was giving us anyway.

Moose he has been useless the last 2- 3 games. Maybe it gives Marco a confidence boost knowing that pt is available. Who knows. It just seems that we can't enjoy any good news without something happening.

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 10:02:37 AM »
I mean it's no secret D'Angelo thinks he's bigger than the team. You can't have that. I loved his moxie, but he clearly couldn't chanel it. Lavin has to show ownership of the program. But going forward, he's got adjust his recruiting. Don't keep bringing kids here that are uncoachable. We saw it with Nuri, and now D'Angelo. Find coachable talent.

Moose

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 10:03:35 AM »

we were getting zilch from harrison of late...just bricks and bad attitude.  collectively, we'll be better.  we were going to get our asses kicked in virtually all our final games, anyway.
any nba hopes harrison had are down the drain.  no one needs a problem from a marginal player.

So now we get bricks and no attitude.
Not defending whatever happened here getting suspended must be something serious on his end.
Just saying I'm not expecting nor should anyone an epiphany from the rest of the group.  We had a fighters chance to win any 3 of our remaining games.  That chance is now slim and none.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 10:04:31 AM »
Yeah because thats the way to open up a scholarship. Push out your best scorer. 

Not my point. I like Harrison. I just doubt Lavin would do this unless he thought he had a replacement. It is funny but has anyone heard any rumblings that the players didn't get along with Harrison? I had heard from two good sources that the players didn't like playing with Mase jr, but I have not heard any rumors about Harrison and other players.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:06:09 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 10:04:59 AM »
Wow. You have got to be kidding me. He must've done something pretty bad to deserve this. I doubt it's just an accumulation of a bunch of little incidents. And please spare me the argument that Lavin is "pushing him out" because that would have no positive impact on this team.

Harrison is gone for good. I think it's safe to say that. But he did it to himself.

Moose

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 10:06:14 AM »

Moose he has been useless the last 2- 3 games. Maybe it gives Marco a confidence boost knowing that pt is available. Who knows. It just seems that we can't enjoy any good news without something happening.

No argument there.  He has been.  Doesn't make it so surprising.  But I just don't think him being gone will magically make Marco quicker, or Phil become lights out or Felix to pull the splinters out.

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 10:07:04 AM »
at least we don't have to worry about greene getting more minutes.  he's already maxed out.

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 10:07:27 AM »
Polee, Nuri, Stith, Harrison.

Norm used to get killed over these kind of things. ;)

Moose

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 10:08:05 AM »

Be fair, don't include Stith ;)

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 10:08:11 AM »
at least we don't have to worry about greene getting more minutes.  he's already maxed out.

More shots

Foad

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 10:09:23 AM »

Quincy. Omari.

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 10:09:37 AM »
Hate to say I told you so. He was a problem. Good luck in China

Foad

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2013, 10:09:56 AM »

More shots

10-25

MCNPA

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2013, 10:11:06 AM »
I hope Balamou gets a lot more burn.  I think he's a better offensive player than he shows right now.  Kid will be good with some more court time.  Impossible to replace Harrison, let's face it.  Not sure what we do moving forward, but I'm reallllly hoping we can land Rysheed at this point, because our existing guards can't replace Harrison's likely loss for next season.

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 10:14:12 AM »
Yeah because thats the way to open up a scholarship. Push out your best scorer. 

Not my point. I like Harrison. I just doubt Lavin would do this unless he thought he had a replacement. It is funny but has anyone heard any rumblings that the players didn't get along with Harrison? I had heard from two good sources that the players didn't like playing with Mase jr, but I have not heard any rumors about Harrison and other players.

I disagree. I don't think there is a replacement thats already in his back pocket. I mean we're still in a slight tournament hunt. Who's going to replace him this year?

There comes a time where enough is enough and the whole team has to realize that you're not going to get special treatment and you can't do certain things. DLo has had plenty of chances here, and now he needs to EARN his scholarship back.