Lamont Jones - PG - American Christian School - Aston, PA - IONA

• 560 replies
Re: Lamont Jones - PG - American Christian School - Aston, PA - IONA
« Reply #520 on: June 09, 2011, 11:19:57 AM »
I think I made made my point.  I don't see anyone disputing my point that all of those players including the SJU freshmen would start for any MAAC team and everyone knows that.

Put our sixth through 10th players in 2012-13 as starters on any team in the MAAC and they would win that conference.

The eligible or uneligible 6-10 players?

It is a safe bet that there aren't any players "uneligible".  If you mean ineligible, well that is another story.  But one that I am confident won't be an issue. 

LJSA

« Reply #521 on: June 09, 2011, 03:14:11 PM »

I suppose we can always just have grades changed to get them eligible like Iona did with Glover. If that fails, we could just pay new players to come like they did with Momo.

« Reply #522 on: June 09, 2011, 06:29:57 PM »

I suppose we can always just have grades changed to get them eligible like Iona did with Glover. If that fails, we could just pay new players to come like they did with Momo.

Doesnt matter, as long as they are qualitized. Lets see which school is on probation first

Moose

« Reply #523 on: June 09, 2011, 06:37:54 PM »

Doesnt matter, as long as they are qualitized. Lets see which school is on probation first

It's posts like this that make me wonder why you post here.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #524 on: June 09, 2011, 06:40:19 PM »

It's posts like this that make me wonder why you post here.

Some guy on bigeastboards used to tell me the same thing

« Reply #525 on: June 09, 2011, 09:07:28 PM »
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1LVCzF/www.msg.com/blogs/jon-rothstein/what-the-momo-factor-means-for-iona-plus-other-hoops-notes-1.68927

It's a crazy thought but if Jones is allowed to play next season, one could make the argument that the Gaels could have the three best players in the metropolitan area with Jones, Glover, and senior point guard Scott Machado. It's a debatable topic for sure -- Seton Hall's Herb Pope, LIU's Julian Boyd, Fordham's Chris Gaston, and Rutgers' Dane Miller and Gilvydas Biruta could all be in the conversation but just the fact that the question is raised speaks volumes about the level of talent that's being stocked in New Rochelle. The Gaels staff is also privately high on former White Plains star Rashad James, who be eligible next season.

redslope

« Reply #526 on: June 09, 2011, 10:59:05 PM »
enough already!!! He ain't coming to SJU so who cares.  There are more posts here than for any of the fine young men who signed up to be Redmen.  Support them not someone who does not matter to SJU.  post on the iona board or on the board of whoever will have him if you must.  He does NOT exist to SJU!

« Reply #527 on: June 10, 2011, 10:32:54 AM »
enough already!!! He ain't coming to SJU so who cares.  There are more posts here than for any of the fine young men who signed up to be Redmen.  Support them not someone who does not matter to SJU.  post on the iona board or on the board of whoever will have him if you must.  He does NOT exist to SJU!

No crying on the board please

« Reply #528 on: June 10, 2011, 10:44:54 AM »
Come on Marco try being an adult, Iona is nice but isn't this site about SJU basketball!

« Reply #529 on: June 10, 2011, 11:29:36 AM »
Come on Marco try being an adult, Iona is nice but isn't this site about SJU basketball!

Message boards 101. If you dont want to read a thread, dont click on it-pretty easy stuff. This thread is on the recruiting page, why shouldnt I post in it?

« Reply #530 on: June 10, 2011, 01:41:22 PM »
For those questioning Momo's relationship to his grandmother and her illness

Home in Harlem - Episode 3: Family Over Everything

« Reply #531 on: June 10, 2011, 09:55:10 PM »

Who would have ever thought Iona grads would put up that much money to get a player ? Guess the grads who worked at Marty and Lenny's did pretty good :)

« Reply #532 on: June 14, 2011, 01:41:42 PM »
Per Zags:
Lamont "Momo" Jones has officially signed financial aid papers with Iona. School will now work on obtaining NCAA waiver. more later

« Reply #533 on: June 14, 2011, 03:04:50 PM »
Gotta say, Baldi aint too far off wit his backcourt prognostications.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #534 on: June 15, 2011, 01:18:48 PM »
Gotta say, Baldi aint too far off wit his backcourt prognostications.

You know it Choz! Your boy Kyle Smyth will be lighting it up from long range with Sean Armand. Iona is stacked with or without Momo next season. Sweet 16 or bust

« Reply #535 on: June 20, 2011, 09:12:54 PM »
From facebook

Iona Hoops
Heard MoMo brought the house down with the entire camp watching his workout. Funny thing: Mike Glover's older brother, Anthony, participated as well

« Reply #536 on: June 27, 2011, 02:45:45 PM »
http://dimemag.com/2011/06/family-first-ionas-lamont-momo-jones-chooses-home-over-hoops/

Jones says he has a 90 percent chance of playing next season, though that’s his own guess.

“If they’re going to let me play, they’re going to let me play,” Jones says. “Right now I’m just hoping, God willing, that I do get the waiver. I don’t feel like I should be penalized for making an unselfish decision to come home to be with my family in this time of need.

“I think that any man who’s the man of the house would do the same thing.”

« Reply #537 on: June 27, 2011, 04:34:45 PM »

Who would have ever thought Iona grads would put up that much money to get a player ? Guess the grads who worked at Marty and Lenny's did pretty good :)
Marty and Lenny's - nice pull... Nothing like ladies night on a Friday, open bar, and then ladies pouring downstairs ... good times...

jr49

« Reply #538 on: June 27, 2011, 05:20:39 PM »
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1LVCzF/www.msg.com/blogs/jon-rothstein/what-the-momo-factor-means-for-iona-plus-other-hoops-notes-1.68927

It's a crazy thought but if Jones is allowed to play next season, one could make the argument that the Gaels could have the three best players in the metropolitan area with Jones, Glover, and senior point guard Scott Machado. It's a debatable topic for sure -- Seton Hall's Herb Pope, LIU's Julian Boyd, Fordham's Chris Gaston, and Rutgers' Dane Miller and Gilvydas Biruta could all be in the conversation but just the fact that the question is raised speaks volumes about the level of talent that's being stocked in New Rochelle. The Gaels staff is also privately high on former White Plains star Rashad James, who be eligible next season.
And how's the talent level at St. Peters?

Poison

« Reply #539 on: June 29, 2011, 10:29:42 AM »
The biggest problem with Iona from what I saw is their coach.