Slice

• 512 replies
Slice
« on: March 07, 2016, 10:15:20 PM »
I love slice and the whole staff but I have to wonder whether slice has earned his paycheck this year. In-game coaching did not seem great although the limited talent didn't help and he was brought in to be a big-time blue chip recruiter and he has nothing to show for it as of yet. I believe the point man on all of the recruits we have so far has been Matt A. Just wanted to see what you guys think about this..

Re: Slice
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 10:18:50 PM »
Can't argue with anything you said and if we miss out on Maker would think next year is big for slice to come through if he wants to be viewed as doing a good job.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 10:22:51 PM »
I love slice and the whole staff but I have to wonder whether slice has earned his paycheck this year. In-game coaching did not seem great although the limited talent didn't help and he was brought in to be a big-time blue chip recruiter and he has nothing to show for it as of yet. I believe the point man on all of the recruits we have so far has been Matt A. Just wanted to see what you guys think about this..

Takes time.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 10:25:18 PM »

Takes time.

Congrats Marco!

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 10:31:25 PM »

Takes time.

Congrats Marco!

Thanks bro. Sorry about the Danes

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 10:35:53 PM »
Slice is an excellent, established recruiter, with tremendous ties in the NYC/NJ area, and beyond.  He has been an asset as an assistant coach to every program he has ever worked for and well-respected at the high school/AAU/grass roots level.  Give him time.  He is already laying tremendous ground work with the 17 and 18 kids and their coaches/advisors.  I have no idea how he is viewed as a tactician/teacher, but he will help bring some great recruits here.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 11:00:56 PM »
His suits alone has made the entire team and program classier...I now wear pants while watching the game at home.
Cougar O' Malley

Foad

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 05:35:28 AM »
I love slice and the whole staff but I have to wonder whether slice has earned his paycheck this year...

Yeah he's a bum, hopefully he goes back to Kentucky or some other crap school.

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 09:39:19 AM »
Slice has earned respect.  Let it go at that.

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 10:15:13 AM »
Right now, the only "mistake" Slice has made re: recruiting, is that he's shooting a little too high, IMO.

But, if getting in on those guys helps us with the next level of talent, I'm OK with that, too.

Wods317

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 10:34:58 AM »
I think it is impossible to judge the job he has done right now. I think 2017 and 2018 are the huge years for him and the rest of the staff. 2016 was tough because they came a little late to the game for some of these big names but I don't think that applies to the big targets for 2017 and 2018. I also think our improved play next year will help him a lot. I know we have a good class coming in but it is not exactly easy to sell top 30 star kids on a 1-17 conference record.

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 08:53:23 PM »
Thanks for posting..  Interesting background to hear more of the details and timely article considering some questioning if he's earned his keep yet

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 09:50:38 PM »
I love slice and the whole staff but I have to wonder whether slice has earned his paycheck this year...

Yeah he's a bum, hopefully he goes back to Kentucky or some other crap school.
+100

derk

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 10:13:45 PM »
[/quote

Silly naive message

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 11:16:56 PM »

Takes time.

Congrats Marco!

Thanks bro. Sorry about the Danes

Disappointing. I guess it's just someone else's turn.

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2016, 10:13:52 PM »

Takes time.

Yeah it takes time, but what's the #1 reason that he's here for? To recruit.
Now we have 1 ship for next year unless someone transfers, so if Matt gets a recruit, we can't bitch about Slice not recruiting for 17, now if someone transfers then he better put up.

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 06:39:27 PM »
Instead of not getting along with Matt bring in a big time recruit - one recruit in one year is not good enough

You have contacts with big time recruits but cant finish

I know its not Kentucky but you should be able to get someone

wpc77

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 06:59:18 PM »
This thread is caricature for why message boards shouldn't be taken seriously