Slice

• 512 replies
Re: Slice
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2016, 09:50:47 PM »
Jesus Mullin hasn't even hit his 1 year anniversary as coach and we are already questioning what the long haul for him is.

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2016, 11:04:20 PM »
Jesus Mullin hasn't even hit his 1 year anniversary as coach and we are already questioning what the long haul for him is.

+1
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2016, 11:07:26 PM »

+1
Wouldn't you guys like to know who the next coach is and how long he will be here, and the coach after that, and ....?

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2016, 11:14:33 PM »

+1000

And by the people who cheered the firing of Lavin and the hiring of Mullin.  Some people get bored easily.

paultzman

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2016, 11:28:31 PM »

+1
Wouldn't you guys like to know who the next coach is and how long he will be here, and the coach after that, and ....?

You are right, silly question on my part. Do support Mullin & hope he is here as long as he wants.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 11:35:16 PM by paultzman »

MCNPA

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2016, 11:40:14 PM »
Listen folks, I don't have any knowledge about Slice at all, but let's face it, he's a mercenary and that's ok.  He's been around a lot of jobs, and I'm sure this isn't his last either.  Mullin and he have a good relationship which is good enough for me, but we have our true core which is Mullin and Abdelmassih.  Those two bleed SJU red and those two are the ones that are going to take us forward for the long haul.    Slice is a top notch recruiter and hopefully there isn't truth to any of this, at least for a few years and his recruiting pays off.  I didn't figure he'd be here for the long haul like Mullin and Abdelmassih anyway.  Oh, and Abdelmassih has been the one really killing it for us on the recruiting trail thus far.  He's been tremendous.

What do you think long haul for Mullin is?

I don't think he came here to twiddle his thumbs and then retire.  The "long haul" meaning I donit think he's leaving this place for
Anything greener.  Doesn't seem his way, but of course I could be wrong.

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2016, 12:23:39 AM »

+1

You are right, silly question on my part. Do support Mullin & hope he is here as long as he wants.
Nah not silly, but if there is a rift between Slice and Matt, Chris needs to resolve this quick. Sit down with the two of them and get everyone on same page or make a move because prospective recruits and their peeps will pick up on any problems between staff members and it will make an already hard job that much more difficult. Having no knowledge of the situation this may be unnecessary or already been done.

paultzman

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2016, 12:28:10 AM »

+1

Nah not silly, but if there is a rift between Slice and Matt, Chris needs to resolve this quick. Sit down with the two of them and get everyone on same page or make a move because prospective recruits and their peeps will pick up on any problems between staff members and it will make an already hard job that much more difficult. Having no knowledge of the situation this may be unnecessary or already been done.

+1

Marillac

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2016, 02:16:55 AM »
If there is a rift between coaches, us commenting on it won't do anything but make it worse. A little tension is normal and competition can be good.  I'm sure this wouldn't be Mullin's first time working out issues between two competitive guys.

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2016, 05:57:51 AM »
Someone needs to put Napoleon in his place

Poison

« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2016, 07:15:09 AM »
Are Slice and Matt fighting over who gets credit for not landing a single 5 star recruit? Maybe they both should be put in their place, or removed from it. There is no credit given to anyone for last year's recruits. What appeared like a promising job by the staff was actually, overall, a pretty shitty job, and one that Lavin would have beaten, easily.

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2016, 07:26:31 AM »
If he wants to leave let him bring in Grasso or Davis.

Also he doesn't have Cal to close with the recruit I am sure that help his rep about being the best recruiter in the game

I hate to say it but if Lavin was still here and had these guts recruiting for him I am sure he could close with one of these five start recruits

Hopefully Chris can do it in time

MCNPA

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2016, 07:59:29 AM »
I don't most realize how difficult it is closing on 5* kids and landing them.  Only one Big East school has a 5* kid coming in for the 2016 class.  There are very few of them to go around.  It still does take a while to build relationships with these kids.  Give it time.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 08:00:03 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2016, 08:13:36 AM »
Are Slice and Matt fighting over who gets credit for not landing a single 5 star recruit? Maybe they both should be put in their place, or removed from it. There is no credit given to anyone for last year's recruits. What appeared like a promising job by the staff was actually, overall, a pretty shitty job, and one that Lavin would have beaten, easily.

Getting Yakwe to both commit and reclass (and qualify) was a huge recruiting win.  Getting Mussini, Sima, Ellison, Owens and Lovett in 3 months time is also objectively very good.  Why is "no credit given" ?

Are you going to be like this the entire offseason?

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2016, 08:44:26 AM »

Getting Yakwe to both commit and reclass (and qualify) was a huge recruiting win.  Getting Mussini, Sima, Ellison, Owens and Lovett in 3 months time is also objectively very good.  Why is "no credit given" ?

To add, Willams was a good get at the time. We also have a top 20 class for next year.

desco80

« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2016, 09:29:00 AM »
If he wants to leave let him bring in Grasso or Davis.

Also he doesn't have Cal to close with the recruit I am sure that help his rep about being the best recruiter in the game

I hate to say it but if Lavin was still here and had these guts recruiting for him I am sure he could close with one of these five start recruits

Hopefully Chris can do it in time

Lavin signed one 5star recruit his entire time here.  And that player was a headcase.

Wods317

« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2016, 09:30:57 AM »

To add, Willams was a good get at the time. We also have a top 20 class for next year.

The staff had two month to recruit the team for last year.  Anyone questioning the players we got is way off base. Most good players have been getting recruited since they were in middle school or early high school and we are supposed to just go in and take anyone we want in two months? We have a top 20 class this year and that's only in a year of building relationships and recruiting for an 8 win team which isn't an easy sell. The recruiting is far from our problem right now. Win and players will come, we haven't won at all. Lavin was left and NCAA caliber team Mullin was left the worst roster in the country.

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2016, 09:58:37 AM »
That UNLV job opening has some juice. Can see Slice walking away very easily. Still hearing no love lost between the recruiting assistants.

Interesting. I heard somebody heard something about Slice. He may or may not by happy and may or may not be considering his options...if and only if a very appealing opportunity comes along. I am fairly confident that he is not pleased about this season's record, at least that's what I am interpreting from your avatar.  ;)

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2016, 10:01:30 AM »
That UNLV job opening has some juice. Can see Slice walking away very easily. Still hearing no love lost between the recruiting assistants.

Interesting. I heard somebody heard something about Slice. He may or may not by happy and may or may not be considering his options...if and only if a very appealing opportunity comes along. I am fairly confident that he is not pleased about this season's record, at least that's what I am interpreting from your avatar.  ;)

Agreed

kg44

« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2016, 12:17:35 PM »
The word out of Pittsburgh is that Jamie Dixon is talking to TCU (his alma mater).  If the Pitt job opens up, this would be a very appealing opportunity for Slice.  Folks in the 'Burg love him.