• 14 replies
Why did we quit in the NIT?
« on: April 29, 2014, 10:17:03 PM »
Bueller?

Marillac

Re: Why did we quit in the NIT?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 10:29:54 PM »
Carmine,

I thought I should let you know that Baldi stole your login and posted for you. 

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 10:45:53 PM »
I think they were trying to emulate Kentucky from the prior year.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 11:03:49 PM »

MCNPA just got knocked out of his orbit.  He'll gather himself soon enough and catch the Keith Thomas fever. 

MCNPA

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 12:20:18 AM »

MCNPA just got knocked out of his orbit.  He'll gather himself soon enough and catch the Keith Thomas fever. 

No I won't... Thomas better be Sean May if that's going to happen. I'm  not happy where this ship is headed.  Funny thing is that people seem to panic when I'm down on the team but I am.  Sorry.. I don't see a silver lining at this point...

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 12:32:50 AM »
Carmine,

Thanks.  I'll change my password.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 01:57:48 AM »
Carmine,

I'd recommend changing it to something positive about St. John's...like "SJUIsGood."  He'll never be able be able to bring himself to type something good about the program. 

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 05:58:26 AM »
Marillac, when I see something good. I'll post it.  Hopefully the new President has his eyes open or its further into the irrelevant zone we go

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 05:28:32 PM »
Carmine,

I'd recommend changing it to something positive about St. John's...like "SJUIsGood."  He'll never be able be able to bring himself to type something good about the program. 

Or something like Normbitesass. No way he will Baldi ever types that :)

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 05:56:47 PM »
Lavin's teams like to talk more than play. The performance in the NIT game was a disgrace. See some on this board get more excited about recruits than actually winning games.

This team needs a major major attitude adjustment if they want to reach the NCAA next year. The best backcourt in the country talk has already started for next year. So we are going to go from a team that quits at home against Robert Morris to the best backcourt in America?

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 09:44:09 PM »
Must admit that the Robert Morris debacle does have me wondering if we have the right culture and enough heart in the room to get it done.

P.S.  My password's "mullinisgod".  Don't know how he guessed it. 

Poison

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 11:06:56 PM »
I don't know why we quit, but it ruined my NIT bracket.

MCNPA

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 11:07:42 PM »
We actually made a run to come back quite a bit after dogging it for most of the game.  We came out not interested in being there.  Sooner or later the kids need to realize that they have to win for themselves, nobody else.  The embarrassment of that game was all theirs to own too.   

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 12:40:39 AM »
I don't know why we quit, but it ruined my NIT bracket.
Have the awards been handed out yet? Poison should win college basketball fan of the year as he has to be the only one with NIT brackets. Didn't know there was such a thing. What teams ruined your CBI and CIT brackets?  :)

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 05:44:57 AM »