April Live Period - (4/25-4/27)

• 56 replies
Re: April Live Period - (4/25-4/27)
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2014, 03:27:59 PM »
Lets see if our head coach is  on the road for April live period this year

Stop whining the guy knows how to recruit:

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello  · 19m 
Team Scan (Diallo, Tyus Battle) vs. CIA Bounce (Gill-Caesar, Jamal Murray).
Lavin, Hoiberg, Mich St, KU, Miami, Minn, UCONN, VT, Bama, etc.

He wasn't on the road for April Live Period last year.  He was at home in SoHo.  We lost out on Chris McCullough and Isiah Whitehead because we didn't recruit them hard enough. 

Glad he's out and about this year.

False.  That is not why we lost them.  If you think for a moment that because Coach was not at an AAU game is why McCullough and Whitehead did not come to SJU you are simply wrong.  ..

I have basketball people that tell me differently.  The proper legwork was not put in with either prospect.  Syracuse was ALL OVER McCullough and St John's had a chance to take total control of Whitehead's recruitment as Cuse and Louisville started moving out of the picture.  I have very good sources who tell me both.

As for Boeheim, I'm guessing you're talking about his time with Team USA as to why he took off a July recruiting period.  He was busy coaching for his country and as Poison mentioned, there is extremely positive ramifications with recruits that come with that.  Lavin decided to skip April live period last year so he could hang in SoHo.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 03:37:25 PM »
Lavin skipped a lot of things

boo3

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 03:55:34 PM »
Who cares?  He landed his guy last season ( Jordan) and we will just fine again this season.  We are also in good shape for the '15 class.   

Like it or not , he's the coach.  The monotonous whining is comical.

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2014, 04:00:12 PM »
Fine again? You're happy with last year?

boo3

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2014, 04:04:02 PM »
Recruiting wise.   We will be much better next season IMO.   

I'm over last season, not losing sleep over it.   You shouldn't either buddy.   Move on.

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2014, 04:06:51 PM »
We have a backup center who is a project signed.

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2014, 04:08:32 PM »
I'm not doubting what Theo heard or Fordham's perspective, but when reading this board around the time of Whitehead's commitment, Dave, KOB and a number of other posters said that he was ours but for Willard's deal with the devil.  Not sure what the deal with Chris was.  I know people said he was a SJU lock at one point, but can you ever fault a kid for choosing Cuse over St. John's?  So who knows what the motivating factor was.

Don't think a full court press on a kid always works though.  By all accounts, Cooley was all over Sampson and Sanchez and he lost both to us.

boo3

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2014, 04:14:52 PM »
More to come , kiddo. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

paultzman

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2014, 05:36:03 PM »
Briscoe's team defeated Diallo's with Lavin in attendance. Box Score;

http://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/7063801?subseason=148178

paultzman

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2014, 09:43:49 AM »
@AdamZagoria: St. John's is going 2-deep in Sacramento with Lavin and Hines for 2015 G @_IsaiahBriscoe per @courtcred

paultzman

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2014, 01:19:35 PM »
@jeffborzello: Josh Pastner, Chris Collins, Archie Miller, Michigan State, St. John's, Syracuse, Cincinnati also watching King James vs. Playaz.

Briscoe & VJ King.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:20:35 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2014, 09:22:29 PM »
Lets see if our head coach is  on the road for April live period this year

Stop whining the guy knows how to recruit:

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello  · 19m 
Team Scan (Diallo, Tyus Battle) vs. CIA Bounce (Gill-Caesar, Jamal Murray).
Lavin, Hoiberg, Mich St, KU, Miami, Minn, UCONN, VT, Bama, etc.

He wasn't on the road for April Live Period last year.  He was at home in SoHo.  We lost out on Chris McCullough and Isiah Whitehead because we didn't recruit them hard enough. 

Glad he's out and about this year.

False.  That is not why we lost them.  If you think for a moment that because Coach was not at an AAU game is why McCullough and Whitehead did not come to SJU you are simply wrong.  ..

I have basketball people that tell me differently.  The proper legwork was not put in with either prospect.  Syracuse was ALL OVER McCullough and St John's had a chance to take total control of Whitehead's recruitment as Cuse and Louisville started moving out of the picture.  I have very good sources who tell me both.

As for Boeheim, I'm guessing you're talking about his time with Team USA as to why he took off a July recruiting period.  He was busy coaching for his country and as Poison mentioned, there is extremely positive ramifications with recruits that come with that.  Lavin decided to skip April live period last year so he could hang in SoHo.

And I have better basketball people tell me McCullough was long gone before last Spring and SJU knew it.

And no I was not talking about that specific incident with Boeheim please don't assume anything just ask.

desco80

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2014, 01:57:03 PM »
Recruiting wise.   We will be much better next season IMO.   

I'm over last season, not losing sleep over it.   You shouldn't either buddy.   Move on.

Boo,
He's in the midst of what is indisputably the worst recruiting class he's ever signed.    That doesn't concern you?
A guy who regularly signs top 50 talent, now is praying that Delarosa and JUCOs will sign with him.   

boo3

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2014, 02:01:36 PM »
 I'm not concerned until the final votes are in and the recruiting period is over..

I still think the team is better next season than it was this season, in both talent and record..

I'm done getting worked up about something 2-3 years down the line.. Life is too short.

desco80

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2014, 02:33:59 PM »
I'm not concerned until the final votes are in and the recruiting period is over..

I still think the team is better next season than it was this season, in both talent and record..

I'm done getting worked up about something 2-3 years down the line.. Life is too short.

I'm not trying to get under your skin, but truthfully, how is the team better at this point?   We haven't added anyone aside from ADR, but we  lost a very good talent in Jakarr and a quality player in Sanchez.

boo3

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2014, 02:57:29 PM »
 I think the improvement of Jordan, Harrison,Branch, Greene, Pointer, Obekpa..with additions of ADR, Jones, Felix hopefully Thomas, and maybe others...will make us a better team than...

Frosh Jordan, Harrison, Sampson, Sanchez, etc......., etc..

People assume the same player from last season is coming back.  I think our guys will all improve and help make the team better...Plus, last season has left a sour taste in players mouths.  I think they really feel there is unfinished business with this group...

See, you assume, everything remains status quo... Doesn't work like that..

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2014, 03:09:13 PM »
I think the improvement of Jordan, Harrison,Branch, Greene, Pointer, Obekpa..with additions of ADR, Jones, Felix hopefully Thomas, and maybe others...will make us a better team than...

People assume the same player from last season is coming back.  I think our guys will all improve and help make the team better...Plus, last season has left a sour taste in players mouths.  I think they really feel there is unfinished business with this group...

Agree 100% with boo
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2014, 03:13:04 PM »

Agree 100% with boo

22+ wins

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2014, 03:25:03 PM »

Agree 100% with boo

22+ wins
I'm with Boo and the 22....

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2014, 06:06:40 PM »
22 wins...big deal. ::)