April Live Period - (4/25-4/27)

• 56 replies
Re: April Live Period - (4/25-4/27)
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2014, 06:09:45 PM »
Hopefully 1 of those is mighty Tulane

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2014, 07:25:45 PM »
With 31 regular season games plus at least  one in BET that would be a 22-10 record at best and if some wins are in BET more games which means worst than 22-10 which in a weakened BE means the NIT again if they will have us after last seasons fiasco.

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2014, 09:10:14 AM »
I think the improvement of Jordan, Harrison,Branch, Greene, Pointer, Obekpa..with additions of ADR, Jones, Felix hopefully Thomas, and maybe others...will make us a better team than...

Frosh Jordan, Harrison, Sampson, Sanchez, etc......., etc..

People assume the same player from last season is coming back.  I think our guys will all improve and help make the team better...Plus, last season has left a sour taste in players mouths.  I think they really feel there is unfinished business with this group...

See, you assume, everything remains status quo... Doesn't work like that..

The team from 2012-2013 that returned 95% of their players and scoring BARELY made an improvement this past season.  I have no reason to trust that those same players, minus our top 2 rebounders and adding a couple bargain basement/leftover recruits will be better than last years team.  I want to see them prove me wrong, but they made virtually no improvement from 2012-2013 to this past season as a group, so they have lost all credibility. 

They also did a LOT of talking coming into this past year and how they had a chip on their shoulder, they had to have a big year and make the tournament, etc.  They came out, laid an egg, and then didn't compete hard for the bulk of the 2nd half vs. Providence and didn't play hard at all for the bulk of the Robert Morris game. Sorry, but I'm not buying into ANY of their "unfinished business" or "hammer to rock" nonsense anymore.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Poison

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2014, 01:33:14 PM »
I think the improvement of Jordan, Harrison,Branch, Greene, Pointer, Obekpa..with additions of ADR, Jones, Felix hopefully Thomas, and maybe others...will make us a better team than...

Frosh Jordan, Harrison, Sampson, Sanchez, etc......., etc..

People assume the same player from last season is coming back.  I think our guys will all improve and help make the team better...Plus, last season has left a sour taste in players mouths.  I think they really feel there is unfinished business with this group...

See, you assume, everything remains status quo... Doesn't work like that..

The team from 2012-2013 that returned 95% of their players and scoring BARELY made an improvement this past season.  I have no reason to trust that those same players, minus our top 2 rebounders and adding a couple bargain basement/leftover recruits will be better than last years team.  I want to see them prove me wrong, but they made virtually no improvement from 2012-2013 to this past season as a group, so they have lost all credibility. 

They also did a LOT of talking coming into this past year and how they had a chip on their shoulder, they had to have a big year and make the tournament, etc.  They came out, laid an egg, and then didn't compete hard for the bulk of the 2nd half vs. Providence and didn't play hard at all for the bulk of the Robert Morris game. Sorry, but I'm not buying into ANY of their "unfinished business" or "hammer to rock" nonsense anymore.

"unfinished business", like "hammer to rock" has nothing to do with actual basketball. It's just their Twitter campaign. Nothing more.

boo3

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2014, 02:38:36 PM »
Again, I'm just saying that next years team will be better than this season. 

Season will not end with a 1st round NIT loss.   My prediction only.  I can understand folks not buying it. 

Friendly wager anyone?

desco80

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2014, 02:41:56 PM »

Season will not end with a 1st round NIT loss.   My prediction only.  I can understand folks not buying it. 

Friendly wager anyone?

In this thread you said the team will be better in talent and in record.   Your words.
And as pessimistic as anyone might be, I hope no one on here would bet against the team.   

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2014, 03:29:16 PM »
again what happened with mo hicks?

boo3

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2014, 03:29:31 PM »

Friendly wager anyone?

In this thread you said the team will be better in talent and in record.   Your words.
And as pessimistic as anyone might be, I hope no one on here would bet against the team.   

I stand by my words..  We will be better.... I promise you that there are posters that deep down root for the team to lose because it makes them more relevant on this site..  Of this also, I have no doubt.

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2014, 03:33:47 PM »

Friendly wager anyone?

I stand by my words..  We will be better.... I promise you that there are posters that deep down root for the team to lose because it makes them more relevant on this site..  Of this also, I have no doubt.

Same thing  happened with the previous regime.

boo3

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2014, 03:36:17 PM »

Friendly wager anyone?

Same thing  happened with the previous regime.

Regime has nothing to do with it, sadly

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2014, 03:41:46 PM »
Its not like anyone has started a FireLavin.com site or anything

boo3

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2014, 03:54:15 PM »
 Give it a few more years... You should get on that.

This is Lavin's 4th season.. Norm had 6...

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2014, 04:12:16 PM »
last good coach was fran and he coulnt wait to get out

Foad

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2014, 05:04:08 PM »
I stand by my words..  We will be better....

It'd be hard to be worse.

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2014, 05:12:41 PM »
I stand by my words..  We will be better....

It'd be hard to be worse.

Not really.  We were worse the year before...and the year before that.

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2014, 09:17:24 PM »
So we are waiting on a Westchester CC recruit? That has what this has become?

LJSA

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2014, 12:08:45 AM »
So we are waiting on a Westchester CC recruit? That has what this has become?

Feel free to post his stats and how far WCC went.