Composure

• 20 replies

Poison

Composure
« on: February 12, 2015, 01:29:45 AM »
After Jordan picked up the first technical foul and we let DePaul right back in the game you would think the team would have a collective understanding to hold it together. But no.

Lavin did a good keeping his composure and using only the players we needed to win. That said, he called yet another TO after a made basket with about 7:30 to go the game. I think if he's gonna come out on Twitter and discuss the game that's nice, but it's time for these kids to grow up. It's been time.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:32:07 AM by Poison »

Re: Composure
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 07:03:33 AM »
Jordan didnt get a T. box score says felix.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:18:22 AM »
Jordan didnt get a T. box score says felix.

Really? IDK that. My entire section thought it was Jordan.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 09:20:24 AM »
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400588454

Technical Fouls: PLAYERS: 2 ST. JOHN'S ( Harrison 1, Balamou 1 )

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 10:05:37 AM »
The original foul was called on Jordan.  I think it should have been on Dom, who was defending the man with the ball, and the refs got the wrong player.  Felix got called for the T.  According to him, all he did was clap after the call was made.  I don't think he even opened his mouth to say anything.  Unfortunately, my DVR didn't catch the first half of our game.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »
It was Felix. Ref gave awful T's to Felix and Harrison. Wouldn't have been called by any other refs.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 03:40:08 PM »
It was Felix. Ref gave awful T's to Felix and Harrison. Wouldn't have been called by any other refs.

He also gave Lavin a warning for being out of the coaches box.  It wasn't like he was going wild, Lavin just gave him an incredulous look, shrugged his shoulders and went back.  I can't even remember a warning like that, much less a T for being out of the box.  Those refs were way over the top.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:40:40 PM by Section 9 »

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 03:49:26 PM »

He also gave Lavin a warning for being out of the coaches box.  It wasn't like he was going wild, Lavin just gave him an incredulous look, shrugged his shoulders and went back.  I can't even remember a warning like that, much less a T for being out of the box.  Those refs were way over the top.

When St. John's had the going back down court, Purnell was like 3-4ft on the court with the ref right behind him. Didn't see the ref say anything to him.
Guess SJU are the bad guys.

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 04:08:31 PM »
Both T's were questionable. DLo appeared to be mumbling to himself as he often does after highly energized plays.

jsk

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 06:06:12 PM »
When will Refs stop influencing the outcome of games ( especially at critical points)? I thought their roles are to fairly enforce infractions according to the rules of the game. The "influence" practice seems to be pervasive, especially with respect to SJU. My comments should not be construed as biased, because I've observed it in multiple games, not involving SJU. Is there a review process for Refs? If not, there should be.

Moose

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 09:18:11 PM »
Officiating has been dreadful all year.  Both for and against us.

Breeding
Burr
Stephens
Luckie
Hess (thank god he has been put out to pasture)
Prager
Rutecki

Noticed Gene Steratore who was a solid ref is no longer doing Big East games anymore.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 11:25:12 AM »
Officiating has been dreadful all year.  Both for and against us.

Breeding
Burr
Stephens
Luckie
Hess (thank god he has been put out to pasture)
Prager
Rutecki

Noticed Gene Steratore who was a solid ref is no longer doing Big East games anymore.

Don't forget John Gaffney. 

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 12:25:13 PM by sju61982 »

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 12:24:05 PM »
I like Ed Corbett.

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 12:26:26 PM »
I like Ed Corbett.

He's probably the best one.  Him, and the guy with the white hair, I think his name is O'Connell.

At least they never would have stopped the game to tell Lavin to get in the coaches box. (As bad as Higgins was, the same applies for him, too).

Moose

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 01:13:40 PM »
I like Ed Corbett.

He's probably the best one.  Him, and the guy with the white hair, I think his name is O'Connell.

At least they never would have stopped the game to tell Lavin to get in the coaches box. (As bad as Higgins was, the same applies for him, too).

Exactly right.  Corbett and Brian O'Connell are two of the best IMO
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 02:25:27 PM »
Rutecki, Breeding, Burr and Stephens are the worst in my book. Whenever i walk into MSG or CA and see those guys I always think it will be a long night.

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 02:28:02 PM »
I like Ed Corbett.

Exactly right.  Corbett and Brian O'Connell are two of the best IMO

I miss Mike Kitts. Is O'connell the one who looks a mini John Cahill? Has that same strut
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 03:01:16 PM »
I'm a ref.  You want to see bad officiating?  Come to one of my games.

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 03:08:55 PM »

I wish you'd ref one of our games. Phil Greene might actually get to the line.

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2015, 12:12:55 AM »

I wish you'd ref one of our games. Phil Greene might actually get to the line.

That would be good.  He's a 76% free throw shooter.