Butler Predictions...

• 95 replies
Re: Butler Predictions...
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2018, 04:17:52 PM »
Wwe always have guys running into each other. Really remarkable.

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2018, 04:24:26 PM »
All I'm going to say from here on in is it better be a big turnaround next year...a big one.

TONYD3

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2018, 04:25:44 PM »
All I'm going to say from here on in is it better be a big turnaround next year...a big one.
You know better then that. Not saying you have to cry. But you know better.

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2018, 04:30:01 PM »
Maybe we can get FOX to show some of our classic games in the NY market in place of our regularly scheduled beatings.

Poison

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2018, 04:31:33 PM »

When was the last time a D1 team went winless in their conference and had a big turn around?

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2018, 04:37:55 PM »

I already long went on record that he needs to make the NCAA Tournament next season, if they're gonna bring him back (which is likely). 

paultzman

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2018, 04:38:03 PM »

When was the last time a D1 team went winless in their conference and had a big turn around?

Lions v Christians in Nero era.

Poison

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2018, 04:41:49 PM »

I already long went on record that he needs to make the NCAA Tournament next season, if they're gonna bring him back (which is likely). 

We have all heard that Mullin’s return is likely, but if support for the program begins to dwindle they may rethink their decision. Keeping him has nothing to do with believing in him. He’s being paid and he’s a name. Their name. Pressure needs to be applied. Goff will regret opening this discussion up in social media. He’s going to learn how it works.

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2018, 04:42:05 PM »

Lions v Christians in Nero era.
Tweaks ain't gonna do it Paultzie

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2018, 04:43:46 PM »

We have all heard that Mullin’s return is likely, but if support for the program begins to dwindle they may rethink their decision. Keeping him has nothing to do with believing in him. He’s being paid and he’s a name. Their name. Pressure needs to be applied. Goff will regret opening this discussion up in social media. He’s going to learn how it works.

I've also already gone on record what should be done, if we go 0-18 (or, even 1-17).

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2018, 04:44:51 PM »
Anyone think Goffs job will be determined on what he does or doesn’t do with Mullin? I mean this guy obviously will have to make a hard decision. Does he let Mullin stay and program just completely get embarrassed or does he cave into alumni pressure and ultimately stay with Mullin and let the loses eventually cost him his job.

Johnny23

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2018, 04:48:08 PM »
Mullin & crew getting bludgeoned by other Big East coaching staffs for 3 years now. Embarrassing to put it mildly.

paultzman

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2018, 04:48:43 PM »
Anyone think Goffs job will be determined on what he does or doesn’t do with Mullin? I mean this guy obviously will have to make a hard decision. Does he let Mullin stay and program just completely get embarrassed or does he cave into alumni pressure and ultimately stay with Mullin and let the loses eventually cost him his job.

He'll be back, but obviously fair to be very concerned. This is embarrassing.

goredmen

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2018, 04:52:52 PM »

He'll be back, but obviously fair to be very concerned. This is embarrassing.

Does Goff actually have any say in the matter?

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2018, 04:55:46 PM »
If he doesn’t, than this school shouldn’t have an ad.

goredmen

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2018, 04:57:30 PM »
If he doesn’t, than this school shouldn’t have an ad.

Somebody has to make sure there's enough water in the pool so the Swimming team can practice

Poison

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2018, 05:00:20 PM »

St.John’s alumni isn’t Georgetown alumni. If they still want him, they are clearly slow. The idea that they could reach the level of embarrassment if Mullin stays is the problem. The program should be embarrassed now. We are 0-10 now. It’s literally impossible to do worse.

TONYD3

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2018, 05:03:33 PM »

St.John’s alumni isn’t Georgetown alumni. If they still want him, they are clearly slow. The idea that they could reach the level of embarrassment if Mullin stays is the problem. The program should be embarrassed now. We are 0-10 now. It’s literally impossible to do worse.
Duke Saturday will be worse

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2018, 05:07:12 PM »

Happened

Plenty but it doesn't matter because the key is next year he doesn't benefit from this year being so bad.
Here's my point, last year by winning 7 games he benefited from going 1-17 the year before.  Because to be fair his roster and opportunity to recruit was limited his 1st year.

But he can't expect to go 1-17 in his 3rd year and do the same thing say go 7-11 and claim that is an improvement.   He cannot benefit from this disaster,  one step forward next year ain't good enough and he knows it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 05:15:07 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2018, 05:07:58 PM »

Duke Saturday will be worse
Duke could schedule another game for the same time on Saturday, split the squad and send Bagley and 4 walk ons and still beat us. Oh, and a student assistant to coach the team.