Mullin's staff

• 913 replies

SJUFAN

Re: Mullin's staff
« Reply #420 on: April 09, 2015, 11:56:11 PM »
Shaka was already in the game and just moved arenas....like Rick Barnes.....in a week we've made amazing progress....and Slice is imminent......annoucnement(s) coming soon....very soon. I think.
Again, how do we know this?  What is your source?  I wish I was so sure.  In fact, since I have heard nothing about Slice in the media, I have to think we are not getting him.

I think the fact we haven't hired anyone else is a strong indication that we are waiting on Slice.

« Reply #421 on: April 10, 2015, 07:16:07 AM »
Shaka was already in the game and just moved arenas....like Rick Barnes.....in a week we've made amazing progress....and Slice is imminent......annoucnement(s) coming soon....very soon. I think.
Again, how do we know this?  What is your source?  I wish I was so sure.  In fact, since I have heard nothing about Slice in the media, I have to think we are not getting him.

I think the fact we haven't hired anyone else is a strong indication that we are waiting on Slice.
As Clyde would say, "The fascination with Slice anticipation is causing palpitations in Johnny Jungle nation." :2funny:

derk

« Reply #422 on: April 10, 2015, 10:53:54 AM »

As Clyde would say, "The fascination with Slice anticipation is causing palpitations in Johnny Jungle nation." :2funny:

What he said.

« Reply #423 on: April 12, 2015, 09:39:42 PM »
Still thinking the last assistant spot is for Ed Pinckney

« Reply #424 on: April 12, 2015, 09:51:32 PM »
And Mitch as dobo baldi?

lihoop

« Reply #425 on: April 12, 2015, 09:58:01 PM »
seems like Terence is the DOBO

« Reply #426 on: April 12, 2015, 10:01:54 PM »
And Mitch as dobo baldi?

Would be nice

« Reply #427 on: April 12, 2015, 10:09:48 PM »

He's "thinking about it."

« Reply #428 on: April 12, 2015, 10:15:20 PM »

He's "thinking about it."

Guess we won't know until the Bulls are done. Maybe 96 schemerhorn street knows?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 10:17:21 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #429 on: April 12, 2015, 10:21:58 PM »
One of the articles I read today - think from Zags - said that T Mullin was out recruiting for us with Chris and Matt A.  Means he has to be involved to some extent, right?  Unless article was incorrect (and we know that never happens lol).

paultzman

« Reply #430 on: April 12, 2015, 10:23:16 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: “Chris Mullin made two hires that he needed to make" Chris Mullin's choices getting rave reviews: http://t.co/uKohmwWRWU #sjubb

« Reply #431 on: April 12, 2015, 10:27:43 PM »
Go hire Norm from KU, that way Diallo will have no choice but to stay!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #432 on: April 12, 2015, 10:30:12 PM »
I don't think so. Terence has to be an assistant coach if he's going off campus to recruit/scout. Someone confirm that it is a DoBO limitation.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 10:31:24 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #434 on: April 12, 2015, 10:34:29 PM »
I don't think so. Terence has to be an assistant coach if he's going off campus to recruit/scout. Someone confirm that it is a DoBO limitation.

Only a limitation if the staff is full and have 4 guys on the road. So a DOBO can go out recruiting as long as there isn't 4 others out at the same time.

« Reply #435 on: April 12, 2015, 10:36:53 PM »

Only a limitation if the staff is full and have 4 guys on the road. So a DOBO can go out recruiting as long as there isn't 4 others out at the same time.
Thank you for clarifying. So there might be another assistant named, or might be a DoBO named and Terence will be the third AC.

« Reply #436 on: April 12, 2015, 10:38:09 PM »
One of the articles I read today - think from Zags - said that T Mullin was out recruiting for us with Chris and Matt A.  Means he has to be involved to some extent, right?  Unless article was incorrect (and we know that never happens lol).

Not necessarily.  He is "helping out."  He has no official position on the staff currently and he may never have one when it is finalized.  As long as you clear it with the NCAA Compliance non-recruiting coaches including administrative persons and even "temporary persons" can be "deputized" to recruit temporarily if the main positions still need to be filled.  Usually those people are already administrative (non recruiting members) members of the staff such as the DOBO.  However because Coach has not filled most positions including administrative there really isn't someone else so he asked his brother.  But again that does not mean Terence will have any position in the future.

« Reply #437 on: April 12, 2015, 10:38:26 PM »
Maybe the last 2 staff members are currently employed in the NBA

« Reply #438 on: April 12, 2015, 10:41:46 PM »

Not necessarily.  He is "helping out."  He has no official position on the staff currently and he may never have one when it is finalized.  As long as you clear it with the NCAA Compliance non-recruiting coaches including administrative persons and even "temporary persons" can be "deputized" to recruit temporarily if the main positions still need to be filled.  Usually those people are already administrative (non recruiting members) members of the staff such as the DOBO.  However because Coach has not filled most positions including administrative there really isn't someone else so he asked his brother.  But again that does not mean Terence will have any position in the future.
Further thanks. You all aim to educate - thanks fordham. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 10:42:18 PM by bball purist »

wpc77

« Reply #439 on: April 12, 2015, 10:45:53 PM »
Maybe the last 2 staff members are currently employed in the NBA

...and Mitch is a scout for the Kings