Mullin's staff

• 913 replies

desco80

Re: Mullin's staff
« Reply #460 on: April 13, 2015, 09:27:11 PM »
St. John's Media ‏@StJohnsUMedia  · 5m5 minutes ago 
@StJohnsU Pres. Gempesaw taking in Nets-Bulls game tonite @barclayscenter with @chrismullin17 & his new staff #sjubb

Check the pics nice:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/sjubb?f=realtime

New President who wants to be at SJU, and understands that hoops is part of SJU soul, tradition, and is part of the fabric of NYC is a beautiful thing. Gempeshaw is complelyely changing SJU inside and out and past, present and future SJU students should be greatful for that...

The guy just gets it...Catching a game with your coach, shows that their in thing together...just freaken awesome!
A former ref - it's in his soul already. Perfect hire for us.  I repeat UMD Prez Loh - "The athletic programs are the front porch of the university house."

Not everything requires a Terrapins reference.   We all know you root for two teams.  But maybe start a Maryland thread under college sports if you want to share info.   Just a thought. 

Mike

« Reply #461 on: April 13, 2015, 09:44:46 PM »
St. John's Media ‏@StJohnsUMedia  · 5m5 minutes ago 
@StJohnsU Pres. Gempesaw taking in Nets-Bulls game tonite @barclayscenter with @chrismullin17 & his new staff #sjubb

Check the pics nice:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/sjubb?f=realtime

New President who wants to be at SJU, and understands that hoops is part of SJU soul, tradition, and is part of the fabric of NYC is a beautiful thing. Gempeshaw is complelyely changing SJU inside and out and past, present and future SJU students should be greatful for that...

The guy just gets it...Catching a game with your coach, shows that their in thing together...just freaken awesome!
A former ref - it's in his soul already. Perfect hire for us.  I repeat UMD Prez Loh - "The athletic programs are the front porch of the university house."

Not everything requires a Terrapins reference.   We all know you root for two teams.  But maybe start a Maryland thread under college sports if you want to share info.   Just a thought. 

Kind of like you mentioning the no tie all the time. Haha JK

paultzman

« Reply #462 on: April 13, 2015, 10:22:08 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Chris Mullin and Matt Abdelmassih have landed players 6-11, 6-10 and 6-8 in last five days. Not going to be undersized moving forward #sjubb

« Reply #463 on: April 13, 2015, 10:28:08 PM »
Jeremy SchneiderVerified account
‏@J_Schneider
St. John’s is hitting NJ even harder than I expected. Some interesting recruiting battles brewing #NJhoops

« Reply #464 on: April 14, 2015, 12:44:59 AM »
@NJHoopsHaven: If you're going to hire a favorite son, St. John's shows how you do it: Give him every possible resource so he's in a position to succeed.
They went all-in compared to before when Coach Lavin was hired. Now Admin's taken off the Patek Philippe, the alligator cowboy boots, pinky ring, gold tooth, pace maker, and thrown it all in  ;D
Thought Dunlop made nice coin and they paid an extra salary for his BFF Keady. Maybe a better reference would have been Norm's staff.

« Reply #465 on: April 14, 2015, 08:00:35 AM »
@NJHoopsHaven: If you're going to hire a favorite son, St. John's shows how you do it: Give him every possible resource so he's in a position to succeed.
They went all-in compared to before when Coach Lavin was hired. Now Admin's taken off the Patek Philippe, the alligator cowboy boots, pinky ring, gold tooth, pace maker, and thrown it all in  ;D
Thought Dunlop made nice coin and they paid an extra salary for his BFF Keady. Maybe a better reference would have been Norm's staff.
I was trying to say they went all in for Coach Lavin and staff. Having looked at my comment, it is not clear at all.  But yes, I was trying to state what you did much better.

Johnny23

« Reply #466 on: April 14, 2015, 08:27:11 AM »
‏@J_Schneider
St. John’s is hitting NJ even harder than I expected. Some interesting recruiting battles brewing #NJhoops

I already see the improvement here. They offered Naz Reid in 2018, Trevon Duval in 2017, probably too late to get in on Tyus Battle for 2016. These are all top 20 nationally ranked players in their classes. Temple Gibbs is a stud and Bryce Aiken has a great handle so they may want to look at him as well for pg's in 2016.

« Reply #467 on: April 14, 2015, 08:30:52 AM »
NJ is a hotbed for talent.  Recruiting NJ is crucial.  This is why Slice is well worth his nice deal.  Let's sign the next Karl Towns.

Happy

« Reply #468 on: April 14, 2015, 08:32:10 AM »
‏@J_Schneider

I already see the improvement here. They offered Naz Reid in 2018, Trevon Duval in 2017, probably too late to get in on Tyus Battle for 2016. These are all top 20 nationally ranked players in their classes. Temple Gibbs is a stud and Bryce Aiken has a great handle so they may want to look at him as well for pg's in 2016.

Did the staff offer Duval?  Kid is big time and i was hoping they have.

Johnny23

« Reply #469 on: April 14, 2015, 08:39:13 AM »
‏@J_Schneider

Did the staff offer Duval?  Kid is big time and i was hoping they have.

I don't believe they have extended an offer to him yet. I agree that the kid is going to be big time and he's already been tearing it up on the national AAU circuit this spring.

« Reply #470 on: April 14, 2015, 09:40:30 AM »
Another great interview by Mullin on Boomer and Carton. Interesting note;  Carton asked if Mullin will bring back the short shorts. coach responded "Chris Obekpa already has them"

hnk

« Reply #471 on: April 14, 2015, 10:05:55 AM »
He and his shorts r definitely back...it's done....

« Reply #472 on: April 14, 2015, 12:46:13 PM »
Source in Bulls organization saying Pinckney to St Johns

paultzman

« Reply #473 on: April 14, 2015, 01:11:03 PM »
Source in Bulls organization saying Pinckney to St Johns
Wennington  ;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:12:26 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #474 on: April 14, 2015, 01:26:20 PM »
Hoiberg on the way in

« Reply #475 on: April 14, 2015, 01:29:09 PM »
How's Hoiberg and Pickney

« Reply #476 on: April 14, 2015, 01:42:49 PM »
How's Hoiberg and Pickney

Hoiber to Bulls I meant

hnk

« Reply #477 on: April 14, 2015, 02:02:14 PM »
That would take Iowa State out of the mix for Diallo for sure.

« Reply #478 on: April 14, 2015, 02:03:55 PM »
That would take Iowa State out of the mix for Diallo for sure.

Between us and Kentucky

hnk

« Reply #479 on: April 14, 2015, 02:04:59 PM »
Kansas.