Linfonte.  I believe Monasch will be gone at the end of the school year

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
Re: Mullin's staff
« Reply #483 on: April 15, 2015, 07:30:11 PM »
Also hearing the Athletic Dept will graduate with the seniors

anyone from the old staff staying?

Not surprised. He gets credit I help bringing in Mullin and then "moves on".
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #484 on: April 15, 2015, 08:15:37 PM »

The softball coach going with him?

« Reply #485 on: April 16, 2015, 06:57:44 AM »

The softball coach going with him?

^^^^^^ this

« Reply #486 on: April 16, 2015, 01:07:36 PM »
Pinckney, Terence and Mitch Richmond will all be on staff. Possibly 1 more

« Reply #487 on: April 16, 2015, 01:35:33 PM »

wow.  President G opening up the bank.

« Reply #488 on: April 16, 2015, 01:39:19 PM »

Now this I would wait until I hear it announced by the school.

« Reply #489 on: April 16, 2015, 01:41:17 PM »

Of course. Some sooner than others

« Reply #490 on: April 16, 2015, 01:55:30 PM »

Since we have one AC position and DOBO left if four more are coming on board I guess two of them would have to be unpaid volunteer assistants.

« Reply #491 on: April 16, 2015, 01:56:43 PM »

Since we have one AC position and DOBO left if four more are coming on board I guess two of them would have to be unpaid volunteer assistants.

Could be special assistants like Keady and Zendon last year.

« Reply #492 on: April 16, 2015, 02:01:57 PM »

Could be special assistants like Keady and Zendon last year.

Agreed

« Reply #493 on: April 16, 2015, 02:03:43 PM »
Administrative (non-assistant positions) can be as many as you want and you can call them anything you want.

One position that is used prominently is DOBO, but that is not a requirement.  You can call it something else, or you can have 5 people doing that job.  Remember the NCAA doesn't regulate how many people can be on your total staff, what they regulate are recruiting assistants.

« Reply #494 on: April 16, 2015, 02:13:41 PM »

Holy moley pumpkin pie!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #495 on: April 16, 2015, 02:16:11 PM »

Holy moley pumpkin pie!

A staff with Mullin, Mitch Richmond, and Pickney would have some pretty impressive resumes as players.

« Reply #496 on: April 16, 2015, 02:20:51 PM »
Administrative (non-assistant positions) can be as many as you want and you can call them anything you want.

One position that is used prominently is DOBO, but that is not a requirement.  You can call it something else, or you can have 5 people doing that job.  Remember the NCAA doesn't regulate how many people can be on your total staff, what they regulate are recruiting assistants.
  They also regulate who can work with players on the court.  But you're right, you can have as many people as you want on a "staff".  You can call them "video coordinators","assistant video coordinators" , "travel coordinators" etc.. 

The only thing I would worry about here is "to many cooks spoiling the broth". You bring in Pinckney and Richmond and you have all these basketball people on the staff;  it's going to be like the Tower of Babble.  And Matt is an important assistant and he is going to be relegated to sitting off to the side,  listening to all these NBA guys argue over what they are going to be doing.  That's my worry.

« Reply #497 on: April 16, 2015, 02:49:46 PM »

They also regulate who can work with players on the court.  But you're right, you can have as many people as you want on a "staff".  You can call them "video coordinators","assistant video coordinators" , "travel coordinators" etc.. 

The only thing I would worry about here is "to many cooks spoiling the broth". You bring in Pinckney and Richmond and you have all these basketball people on the staff;  it's going to be like the Tower of Babble.  And Matt is an important assistant and he is going to be relegated to sitting off to the side,  listening to all these NBA guys argue over what they are going to be doing.  That's my worry.

very true.

« Reply #498 on: April 16, 2015, 03:12:48 PM »

This was the whole reason why the NCAA came up with the 2 year rule where a player cannot play for a team if a coach on that staff was associated within the last 2 years with that player UNLESS that coach is one of the 3 MAIN assistant coaches. 

Because Bill Self would hire Mario Chalmers father in an administrative position and then land his son.  Bill Self could create 10K administrative positions if he wanted to just to land a player.  The NCAA rule is used to prevent this from happening.

But since you only get 3 assistants you better be careful who you hire just to get a player.  See Seton Hall hiring Tiny Morton.  In the old rules Willard or even Lavin could have hired Morton in an administrative role and still get Whitehead.  But not anymore.  Tiny needed to be hired as one of the 3 main assistants or it doesn’t work.

It is also why SJU could not get Lamont Jones as a transfer in 2011, remember?  Because Mo Hicks was DOBO and he within the previous 2 years had an AAU association with Jones.  Since Mo Hicks was NOT one of the 3 main assistants SJU could not recruit him and thus he transferred to Iona from Arizona when we know his first choice was SJU.

« Reply #499 on: April 16, 2015, 03:13:03 PM »

Holy moley pumpkin pie!

A staff with Mullin, Mitch Richmond, and Pickney would have some pretty impressive resumes as players.
And would  that be the minister of propaganda and who might that be?