Khadeen Carrington - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS - Brooklyn, NY - SETON HALL

• 420 replies
Re: Khadeen Carrington - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Per @eliovelez, #stjbb's Steve Lavin is at Wadleigh Rucker Classic to see Bishop Loughlin's Khadeen Carrington, among others. #collegehoops”
His his recruiting pitch that we will make him the focal point of the weave offense that we run. ::)

sju89tr

« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Per @eliovelez, #stjbb's Steve Lavin is at Wadleigh Rucker Classic to see Bishop Loughlin's Khadeen Carrington, among others. #collegehoops”
His his recruiting pitch that we will make him the focal point of the weave offense that we run. ::)

Nice! Good job pointing out why he shouldn't come to STJ  :idiot2:

« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2012, 12:55:27 PM »
For those who know, how would you compare Carrington against Whitehead? Skill sets, potential?

Happy

« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2012, 01:07:08 PM »
For those who know, how would you compare Carrington against Whitehead? Skill sets, potential?

Good but not as good. Whitehead is just such a physical almost complete player.  It's over once Whitehead starts hitting it from outside with consistency.  Carrington is real good though. Very fast , good size , athletic with sick slashing ability.. Not a great outside shooter either and he is lefty dominant.  Still young though and has plenty of time to develop. Whitehead is the prize though .

« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2012, 01:37:37 PM »

Good but not as good. Whitehead is just such a physical almost complete player.  It's over once Whitehead starts hitting it from outside with consistency.  Carrington is real good though. Very fast , good size , athletic with sick slashing ability.. Not a great outside shooter either and he is lefty dominant.  Still young though and has plenty of time to develop. Whitehead is the prize though .

Ive only seen whitehead twice on the net and wasnt impressed either time. Everyone else says hes the real deal so ill have to believe them.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2012, 04:14:58 PM »

Sounds like Amir.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2012, 04:15:43 PM »

Ive only seen whitehead twice on the net and wasnt impressed either time. Everyone else says hes the real deal so ill have to believe them.

Whitehead has those days you watch him and your like why is he so highly rated.  Don't want to say he dogs it but he coasts a bit.  Then you see him light the world on fire and your like oh ok I see it.

Chilleb

« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2012, 06:10:51 PM »
Whitehead is the real deal, can play on or off the ball crafty and can score with the best of them when he's on. Could be the next D wade IMO when it's all said and done ( poor mans version due to lack of defensive intensity) carrington is a half a notch lower than whitehead. He's quick, tough as nails and competes like no other. Can only go left consistently right now but he's getting better. If we sign him he's gonna be a typical hard nosed big east guard. That's what we need.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 06:11:12 PM by Chilleb »

« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2012, 06:15:47 PM »
Whitehead is the real deal, can play on or off the ball crafty and can score with the best of them when he's on. Could be the next D wade IMO when it's all said and done ( poor mans version due to lack of defensive intensity) carrington is a half a notch lower than whitehead. He's quick, tough as nails and competes like no other. Can only go left consistently right now but he's getting better. If we sign him he's gonna be a typical hard nosed big east guard. That's what we need.

Sounds like exactly what this team needs. You think he'll be one and done, Whitehead that is?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 06:16:55 PM by redstorm212 »

Happy

« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2012, 06:49:36 PM »

Whitehead has those days you watch him and your like why is he so highly rated.  Don't want to say he dogs it but he coasts a bit.  Then you see him light the world on fire and your like oh ok I see it.

Couldn't agree more.. He has his coasting days.. But he does something right now that no other guard on our team does right now ( with the exception of D'angelo at times .. And that is the ability to dribble into the defenders chest.. Believe it or not that kid Hornsby had it on Ashville.. It's a physical skill that is really hard to defend.  It's one of the reasons Dion Waiters is so tough to guard.  Our guards pick up the dribble right now instead of actually going right into the defender while keeping there dribble on the move.  Whitehead is so good at that.. He is going to be a serious problem on the college level.

Chilleb

« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2012, 07:00:35 PM »

Sounds like exactly what this team needs. You think he'll be one and done, Whitehead that is?

Without question.

Chilleb

« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2012, 07:29:03 PM »
Uconn with a early lead, from source today. "uconn with an arm distance out up front"

Moose

« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »
Uconn with a early lead, from source today. "uconn with an arm distance out up front"

He must be pumped to play in the Question Mark conference.

Chilleb

« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2012, 07:33:55 PM »

Lol brother, I said the same exact thing but it's the kids these days. They want to go where is cool or fashionable not where there's stability and room to grow which explains the overwhelming amount of transfers

Moose

« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2012, 07:40:31 PM »

Lol brother, I said the same exact thing but it's the kids these days. They want to go where is cool or fashionable not where there's stability and room to grow which explains the overwhelming amount of transfers

Would you say its a big disappointment if we miss on both Whitehead and Carrington?  I haven't see Carrington but he sounds like another Amir, no?  I need  some new '14 names.  Not much out there being mentioned with us.

Happy

« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2012, 07:48:07 PM »

Would you say its a big disappointment if we miss on both Whitehead and Carrington?  I haven't see Carrington but he sounds like another Amir, no?  I need  some new '14 names.  Not much out there being mentioned with us.

We need size and a kid like Quadri Moore from Linden fits the bill .  No clue if we are recruiting him however.

Chilleb

« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2012, 07:49:29 PM »

Nothing like Amir , can score with the best of them just a little left hand dominant at this point, but still has a great handle. And if we miss out on both of  them were doomed

Happy

« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2012, 07:53:37 PM »

Nothing like Amir , can score with the best of them just a little left hand dominant at this point, but still has a great handle. And if we miss out on both of  them were doomed

Doomed is right :).   As you know I like both kids.. Not to hijack this thread.. But damn what is happening with Lincoln so far?  That team is super talented and is getting the crap beat out of them out of state and barely beat a mediocre St Raymond's team .  Cue PMG in 3 2 1...

Moose

« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2012, 07:58:57 PM »

Thanks.  I thought I read his outside shot was suspect but improving.  And I know of the LH dominance so that was what I meant by another Amir.  Should I trademark 'Doomed'? ;)