Mustapha Heron - Auburn Transfer - ST. JOHN’S

• 289 replies

MCNPA

Re: Mustapha Heron - Auburn Transfer
« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2018, 07:43:12 AM »
Let’s get this done today!  Would be best and deepest backcourt in the country...

paultzman

« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2018, 07:48:55 AM »
Zags
Mustapha Heron begins his official visit to @StJohnsBBall at 9 a.m. At this point it's his only visit and I expect him to commit there during his visit.

« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2018, 08:54:19 AM »
@NYCHoopsnball
Mustapha Heron begins first  visit today, “He’s visiting StJohns at 10am.” Will he commit on the spot? “No” “Tomorrow he is meeting with Tyson Wheeler #Fairfield University and he is hoping to go to #BostonCollege on Saturday” per father Bryan Heron

paultzman

« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2018, 09:32:37 AM »
Wouldn’t worry about that tweet.

TONYD3

« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2018, 09:48:21 AM »
What are chances he can play right away?

Johnny23

« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2018, 11:04:43 AM »

Longshot. The NCAA cracked down on the hardship waiver big-time in the last few years. I keep reading quotes from him, his dad and their camp saying his Mom is "really sick". That's very subjective. I'm thinking it would have to be a near term, fatal disease for them to grant it and not sure that's the case here.

« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2018, 11:06:30 AM »

From my understanding he has a strong case for a waiver. It would be a PR nightmare for NCAA if they didn't grant it.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2018, 11:07:41 AM »

Longshot. The NCAA cracked down on the hardship waiver big-time in the last few years. I keep reading quotes from him, his dad and their camp saying his Mom is "really sick". That's very subjective. I'm thinking it would have to be a near term, fatal disease for them to grant it and not sure that's the case here.

Assuming everything I'm gathering is factual there is legitimacy to this hardship.

Johnny23

« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2018, 11:10:02 AM »

Assuming everything I'm gathering is factual there is legitimacy to this hardship.

That would be huge.

Foad

« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2018, 11:22:01 AM »

That would be huge.

So if his mother has a "near term, fatal disease," that would be huge? I know that's not what you meant but it came out a little, I don't know, icky.

MCNPA

« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2018, 11:22:54 AM »
I read the zags writeup. 30+ doctors visits this year and 5+ ER visits.  Sounds like he has plenty of paper trail there. 

« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2018, 11:28:32 AM »

That would be huge.

So if his mother has a "near term, fatal disease," that would be huge? I know that's not what you meant but it came out a little, I don't know, icky.

It's very unfortunate but you're right I don't believe that was intent at all. Simply excited for basketball.

Obviously it's not the best of circumstances.

Johnny23

« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2018, 01:03:47 PM »

That would be huge.

If you knew that wasn't what I meant, then why bother with a snarky comment? Petty.

« Reply #253 on: May 31, 2018, 04:34:42 PM »
So did we land him? I really hope we get this kid. It would take a huge scoring load off of ponds, and give us someone else who can create his own shot.

Foad

« Reply #254 on: May 31, 2018, 05:27:30 PM »
If you knew that wasn't what I meant, then why bother with a snarky comment?

Almost the only pleasure I find in life anymore comes from other people's misfortunes. That might be because I'm an unpleasant miserable misanthrope - or it might be why I'm an unpleasant miserable misanthrope. Probably it's all wrapped up together. Anyway, I commented not to be petty, although certainly I am that and worse. I commented - ever so gently and giving you the benefit of the doubt - lest you follow down the same dark path, however unwittingly. I commented because I found what you said unseemly - even if, as I noted - you didn't mean to say what you said in the way that you said it. Because what you said was as callous as things I say when I'm trying to be callous, as I often am, because I'm an unpleasant miserable misanthrope. Huh. It turns out that I was trying to help you see the bigger picture: to save you from yourself. Turns out I'm not such a bad guy after all. Thanks for helping me realize that. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

« Reply #255 on: May 31, 2018, 06:07:20 PM »
Are there little Foads in your house? would love to meet them!

« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2018, 07:41:35 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille
Auburn transfer Mustapha Heron is headed to St. John's, he tells me. Will begin summer classes Monday. Believes he will get hardship waiver to play right away. “With the pieces we have, we definitely can be special." #sjubb

« Reply #257 on: May 31, 2018, 07:50:20 PM »
Signed

paultzman

« Reply #258 on: May 31, 2018, 07:58:44 PM »
Zach B
Plan is to get the waiver material in ASAP. Confidence Mustapha Heron will be eligible. School may hire a lawyer as well if there is resistance. #subb

« Reply #259 on: May 31, 2018, 08:00:26 PM »
Put him up on the board.  Officially a 2018 commit, list him there.