JaKarr chatter on Twitter

• 308 replies

mkras99

Re: JaKarr chatter on Twitter
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2014, 11:33:04 AM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Lavin said the focus remains on 2015 and 2016 for recruiting. Actively recruiting, but like this roster even with Sampson leaving. #sjubb

*Eye roll*

paultzman

« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2014, 11:34:25 AM »
Jakarr  Presser,NYPost_Brazille: Steve Lavin said St. John's could play like Villanova next year if it doesn't add anyone. #sjubb

Very true, except only like Nova when they played Creighton this year. 

Ha! Or Jay Wright coming to coach. Lol

« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2014, 11:39:57 AM »
Jakarr  Presser,NYPost_Brazille: Steve Lavin said St. John's could play like Villanova next year if it doesn't add anyone. #sjubb

JS sees himself as first rounder.

I see myself as having an orgy with Jessica Alba, Jennifer Lawrence, Alexandra Daddario and Rihanna while eating a Pizza, drinking a beer and watching Mookie's grounder go through Buckner's legs.

DFF6

« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2014, 11:45:51 AM »

I see myself as having an orgy with Jessica Alba, Jennifer Lawrence, Alexandra Daddario and Rihanna while eating a Pizza, drinking a beer and watching Mookie's grounder go through Buckner's legs.

So you've seen heaven already?

« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2014, 11:47:47 AM »

So you've seen heaven already?

In a world that Sampson is a first tound NBA pick anything is possible

SJUFAN

« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2014, 12:14:53 PM »
From ESPN:

ESPN.com NBA draft expert Chad Ford does not currently list Sampson among his Top 100 draft prospects. Ford has Sampson ranked No. 137 overall, and No. 34 among power forwards.

"I have been advised that I may be selected between the late-first and mid-second round," Sampson said. "But the important thing is I am in the mix and I know I can earn my way up the draft board."

Wonder who is advising him. Good luck Jakarr. Can't knock a guy who is persuing his dream, just wish he was being smart about it. No need to hire a agent now.

« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2014, 12:18:32 PM »
Ha - like Nova.  Where is our Pinkston to score down low and do work on the boards?  And are our guards/wings going to crash the glass like Bell, Hilliard, Hart, etc.

« Reply #147 on: March 25, 2014, 12:28:23 PM »
Ha - like Nova.  Where is our Pinkston to score down low and do work on the boards?  And are our guards/wings going to crash the glass like Bell, Hilliard, Hart, etc.

When Lavin says crazy things he trusts no one will ask any follow up questions.
Best not to sweat the details anyway. Play like Nova sounds good
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:28:57 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #148 on: March 25, 2014, 12:34:36 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Lavin said the focus remains on 2015 and 2016 for recruiting. Actively recruiting, but like this roster even with Sampson leaving. #sjubb

*Eye roll*

Careful you could get suspended for that

« Reply #149 on: March 25, 2014, 12:39:55 PM »

If we dont add anybody?

« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2014, 12:48:49 PM »
He's not even an honorable mention in the BE lite and is a 3 that hasn't yet hit a College three in two seasons?

How can he go pro?

« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2014, 12:48:59 PM »
"It's been a fun ride St. John's.. I learned so much and came such a long way in the 2 years I was here.. I became a better basketball player, but must important a better person.. I thank God for all the great people and fans I met here. Especially for my coaches and my brothers.. Even though these 2 seasons here didn't go how I expected them to, if I had to do it all over again I would choose St. John's.. #sjubb"

« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2014, 01:09:17 PM »
Villanova?  Like the school?  I'm sure he meant my neighbor Elise Villa Nova.  Easy typo...

ras

« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2014, 01:09:19 PM »

Sometimes I read these quotes and just laugh.

desco80

« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2014, 01:12:29 PM »
This is a perfect example of why in a few years the D-league will be a serious rival to the NCAA.   It won't surpass the NCAA, but more and more underclassmen are willing to take this leap now because they think the D-league isn't a terrible landing spot.
There are a lot of kids who are just interested in playing basketball, and not in getting a college degree.   

« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2014, 01:19:36 PM »
too bad, he was a much needed offensive threat.  also, he seemed like a really good kid who was always happy to be on the court (besides the time he choked that guy).  good luck

« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2014, 01:22:33 PM »
This is a perfect example of why in a few years the D-league will be a serious rival to the NCAA.   It won't surpass the NCAA, but more and more underclassmen are willing to take this leap now because they think the D-league isn't a terrible landing spot.
There are a lot of kids who are just interested in playing basketball, and not in getting a college degree.   

I agree and think that's the way it should be.  I mean one and done?  It is killing college basketball.  I'd much rather watch a "team" than watch an All Star team.  I mean Kentucky is a joke.  How can they even call those kids student athletes?

Having teams stay together would produce a higher quality of college basketball. Personally I like the way Baseball does it with the out of HS or wait 3 yrs.

goredmen

« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2014, 01:31:59 PM »
Lavin's quotes at the press conference make it pretty obvious that nobody new will be added to contribute for next season. Our front court is gonna be bad, brutally bad if Obekpa leaves

DFF6

« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2014, 01:37:04 PM »
Lavin's quotes at the press conference make it pretty obvious that nobody new will be added to contribute for next season. Our front court is gonna be bad, brutally bad if Obekpa leaves

I think Lavin is merely setting expectations at this point.  So he says we don't need anyone else to be successful.  This way, if he fails on the recruiting trail to replace the bodies we've lost, no biggie, and if he pulls in a front court recruit, and then he trumpets how awesome a job he did to further ensure the success of next year's team. 

« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2014, 02:38:12 PM »
Best of luck JaKarr

I think he should have stayed and the argument about age is valid but 22-23 I take the best ballers I can find if I'm a NBA team.  I have a feeling 3-4 year players will be in high demand once again...I think these things are cyclical what once was out will be in aka 3-4 yr college players just my opinion.  He needs to fill out or just get stronger and improve his outside shot and post game.  He could be a nice mismatch type player off the bench playing a hybrid 3-4 but will need time to develop.

Sean Killpatrick just averaged 20+ and isn't going to be drafted, there may be a paradigm shift, but it hasn't happened yet and were talking about millions of dollars.

I think the NCAA will implode before you see kids staying 3-4 years again.

Agree it may take some time but there are so many of these guys not just losing the chance to developed but they give up the college experience for the rigors of being a professional often  not in the NBA playing professionally in potentially obscure leagues making decent money but not NBA money.  Hopefully the one and done trend changes for those guys that are on the margins. 
Follow me @ek_underdog