Bracketology thread

• 332 replies
Re: Bracketology thread
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2015, 04:40:35 PM »
They played GW and Colorado before the big east and got destroyed. After last year everyone got the memo to schedule stronger out of conference and they didn't. Now we have them beating people in the big east and messing with things. Good for them for winning but they did the league no favors with their crappy OOC schedule.

http://www.depaulbluedemons.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/depa-m-baskbl-sched.html

Neither did St Johns. But DePaul was worse

There is no way you can complain with our OOC schedule. I think it's #20 or around there. How is that on pat with Depaul

DePaul is 5-2 in conference. 

Do you feel confident in St Johns Ooc schedule getting I to the tourny?  I don't

« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2015, 04:48:30 PM »
They played GW and Colorado before the big east and got destroyed. After last year everyone got the memo to schedule stronger out of conference and they didn't. Now we have them beating people in the big east and messing with things. Good for them for winning but they did the league no favors with their crappy OOC schedule.

There is no way you can complain with our OOC schedule. I think it's #20 or around there. How is that on pat with Depaul

yup, sju will finish with a top 25 SOS, if they don't make the tournament its not due to strength of schedule

NYCoffey

« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2015, 04:50:58 PM »

Do you feel confident in St Johns Ooc schedule getting I to the tourny?  I don't

The way DePaul scheduled I would think they need to win The conference to get in. And I do like our chances if we do better in the big east. Obviously 19 wins won't do it anymore regardless. But 22 wins (with BET) and I think were there. I just hope that DePaul doesn't kill our our RPI and Strength of schedule.

« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2015, 04:51:12 PM »

yup, sju will finish with a top 25 SOS, if they don't make the tournament its not due to strength of schedule

What will it be due to?

« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2015, 04:55:26 PM »

The way DePaul scheduled I would think they need to win The conference to get in. And I do like our chances if we do better in the big east. Obviously 19 wins won't do it anymore regardless. But 22 wins (with BET) and I think were there. I just hope that DePaul doesn't kill our our RPI and Strength of schedule.

Our RPI is 42. A bunch of a Big a East teams ahead of us saying the same about us
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 04:55:53 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2015, 04:58:18 PM »
And I know it's going to come back to Iona  and they would beat Iona by 20 at least.

No. You guys are always the ones to bring it up.

Who has St johns played?  And don't tell me Syracuse

Well, since youve proven incapable of using Google for as long as I've been frequenting this board, let me do it for you.

http://bit.ly/1yE8EGz

« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2015, 05:00:09 PM »
And I know it's going to come back to Iona  and they would beat Iona by 20 at least.

Well, since youve proven incapable of using Google for as long as I've been frequenting this board, let me do it for you.

Exactly. They have played nobody.

« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2015, 05:03:36 PM »

How about #5 in the nation, they a nobody?

And while were at it, how about #4?

If #5 and #4 didn't do it for you, have a good time opening REAL WIDE and squeezing those precious lips all the way around #3.

Have a nice day Mr. Baldi  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2015, 05:04:21 PM »
The Big east schedule is tough for St Johns who is 2-4 but not for DePaul who is 5-2?

« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2015, 05:06:17 PM »
The Big east schedule is tough for St Johns who is 2-4 but not for DePaul who is 5-2?

choose not to reply to #3, #4 and #5 in the nation?

I'm curious Baldi - are those nobody no-name programs???

« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2015, 05:06:32 PM »

If #5 and #4 didn't do it for you, have a good time opening REAL WIDE and squeezing those precious lips all the way around #3.

Loss Loss and loss

« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2015, 05:07:46 PM »

Loss Loss and loss

You asked who we played...

« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2015, 05:09:43 PM »

Fordham, Tulane, FDU,NJIT, LIU, Franklin pierce. Franklin a Pierce?

NYCoffey

« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2015, 05:10:38 PM »
If DePaul ended up with 23 wins (not winning the tourney) they are on the outside looking in. Not sure if it's possible bit they screwed us with their OOC schedule. I really hope they lose every game going forward because they will hurt the league.

« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2015, 05:11:48 PM »

Baldi - Is your point that SL is scheduling more patsies than anyone else? Because scheduling lower level teams is a fact in college basketball.

All of the mathematical polls seem to say we have a very good SOS.

LoganK

« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2015, 05:14:19 PM »

Our RPI is 42. A bunch of a Big a East teams ahead of us saying the same about us

For starters, Depaul being 5-2 proves that the BE is one of the best conferences, not the opposite like ESPN and some others (but not here of course :P) are trying to show.  The BE performed better than every conference other than the Big XII in non-conference play.  So basically, we beat up on everyone else, but our worst team is good enough to beat just about anyone (they also beat Stanford).  That shows weakness?  More like depth.

As other posters stated, we have a very strong SOS.  By the end of the season we will have played 4 top 10 teams (gonzaga, duke, nova, nova), as well as about 15 other games against bubble or better teams.  Non-conf we will have played @Syr, Duke, St. Mary's, and Gonzaga (along with minnesota and long beach st., who aren't as strong as expected).  You (Baldi) keep harking on the fact that we have played no one OOC , but our non-conf RPI (which essentially rates your record combined with your SOS and I believe your opponent's SOS) is 13.  That's 13th in the country.  Meaning, given who we played, and the record we turned in, we had the 13th most successful OOC slate (pending Duke) in the country. Of course it's not an exact measurement, but it gives a pretty good idea of what happened.

*Side note, our RPI is showing as 33, not 42.  The fact that there are several BE teams ahead of us, again, shows the strength of the conference (something a MAAC fan wouldn't be familiar with ;)).

« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2015, 05:15:58 PM »

Baldi - Is your point that SL is scheduling more patsies than anyone else? Because scheduling lower level teams is a fact in college basketball.

All of the mathematical polls seem to say we have a very good SOS.

As of now, and I know it's early, but what would the committee consider a "good win" on our schedule

« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2015, 05:20:39 PM »

For starters, Depaul being 5-2 proves that the BE is one of the best conferences, not the opposite like ESPN and some others (but not here of course :P) are trying to show.  The BE performed better than every conference other than the Big XII in non-conference play.  So basically, we beat up on everyone else, but our worst team is good enough to beat just about anyone (they also beat Stanford).  That shows weakness?  More like depth.

As other posters stated, we have a very strong SOS.  By the end of the season we will have played 4 top 10 teams (gonzaga, duke, nova, nova), as well as about 15 other games against bubble or better teams.  Non-conf we will have played @Syr, Duke, St. Mary's, and Gonzaga (along with minnesota and long beach st., who aren't as strong as expected).  You (Baldi) keep harking on the fact that we have played no one OOC , but our non-conf RPI (which essentially rates your record combined with your SOS and I believe your opponent's SOS) is 13.  That's 13th in the country.  Meaning, given who we played, and the record we turned in, we had the 13th most successful OOC slate (pending Duke) in the country. Of course it's not an exact measurement, but it gives a pretty good idea of what happened.

*Side note, our RPI is showing as 33, not 42.  The fact that there are several BE teams ahead of us, again, shows the strength of the conference (something a MAAC fan wouldn't be familiar with ;)).

DePaul is in 1st place. How are they the worst team in the conference?

And the best team in the conference lost to Lehigh and LMU?

« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2015, 05:21:07 PM »
Baldi, you start by attacking our strength of schedule (in comparison to Depaul's) and morph the argument into lack of quality wins.  Those are two separate issues.

« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2015, 05:24:59 PM »
Baldi, you start by attacking our strength of schedule (in comparison to Depaul's) and morph the argument into lack of quality wins.  Those are two separate issues.

Only thing that matters is getting in the tourny. That's why I asked what are our "quality wins" that get us over the hump?