NCAA Tournament thread

• 731 replies
Re: NCAA Tournament thread
« Reply #700 on: April 06, 2015, 03:14:23 PM »
Baldi:  I agree that Cal made a few real bad mistakes - sitting on the ball up 4 with a few minutes left (my recollection) and constantly allowing Decker/Kaminsky to get switches on smaller players (Booker) and exploit them.

Think Wisconsin wins, but disagree  with your statement about Duke not being able to guard.  Duke has played really good defense in the tournament, even though that was a weakness early in the year.  Don't have many great individual defenders, but collectively have really stepped up.  Will be interesting to see if Winslow, who I think is Duke's best individual defender, can handle Decker.

Dukes guards are great defenders against penetrating offense. Michigan St offense is all about guard play.  But Wisconsin is all picks and passing. Ball rarely hits the floor.
Watch what Nigel Hayes does off those picks - he's going to be nailing 10-15 footers.

« Reply #701 on: April 06, 2015, 03:22:25 PM »
I think Kaminsky is going to pull Okafor out of the paint and I don't think anyone on Duke can guard. Dekker. 72-68 Wisky
Watch the D 6'4" Gasser and 6'4" Koenig throw at Jones and Cook. Their length will bother them.

Nigel Hayes is going to step up even more tonight when Duke (Winslow and Amile) has trouble with Dekker.  Hayes is going to put up 16/8 and be a huge part of Wisconsin's win.

69-64 Wisconsin takes it.

Gasser D's it up, love a kid like this on your team . Tough as balls.  koenig hit a few back breakers against Kentucky

redslope

« Reply #702 on: April 06, 2015, 03:23:52 PM »
Gotta root for the red and white as seeing Duke loose is truly enjoyable.  This should be different than first game as Dekker and Hayes both playing better.

As a Factoid--during Duke's non conference games they only trailed at half time once--guess who????

« Reply #703 on: April 06, 2015, 04:22:09 PM »
Tonight's game is also a rematch from early-December.  Duke went into Wisconsin during the ACC/Big10 matchup, and came out with a rather convincing win. 

I expect a close one tonight, with Wisconsin winning a nailbiting rematch. 

« Reply #704 on: April 06, 2015, 04:47:22 PM »
I recall that Duke shot an incredible percentage in that game - like 60% or something.  Don't see that happening again.

« Reply #705 on: April 06, 2015, 05:48:42 PM »
Towards the end Caliparis call timeout. Kentucky comes out and throws the ball inbounds to a Harrison for a 35 foot 3 pointer? That was the play drawn up in that timeout?

He was open for the 35 footer lol

IMO Cal is not a great in game coach.

Johnny23

« Reply #706 on: April 06, 2015, 05:54:14 PM »
Dekker is playing like a man amongst boys right now. Gotta go for the Badgers. I don't have any allegiance to either team so it should be a great spectator game to watch

« Reply #707 on: April 06, 2015, 06:26:19 PM »
Last few years, in Late November early December I put some money on a team to win it all.  This year I put $200 on Duke with 10/1 odds.  Its been difficult to root for them this year, but I'll be rooting for them for 40 more minutes!!

« Reply #708 on: April 06, 2015, 06:34:15 PM »
Last few years, in Late November early December I put some money on a team to win it all.  This year I put $200 on Duke with 10/1 odds.  Its been difficult to root for them this year, but I'll be rooting for them for 40 more minutes!!

Nice. Good luck!

« Reply #709 on: April 06, 2015, 06:37:50 PM »
I would hedge that bet with a $1,000 on Wisky. Rather have a $1,000.00 in my pocket and root against Duke. 1,000 bird in the hand rather 2,000 in the bush.

« Reply #710 on: April 06, 2015, 08:40:41 PM »
Soberest Barles Charkley has been in a few days

boo3

« Reply #711 on: April 06, 2015, 08:57:43 PM »
Wisconsin -72

Duke -70

« Reply #712 on: April 06, 2015, 09:16:17 PM »
Wisconsin -72

Duke -70

Haha I went  with the exact same earlier
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

redslope

« Reply #713 on: April 06, 2015, 10:14:58 PM »
Now at half time and still only one non ACC team has led Duke at this point in the game :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:15:32 PM by redslope »

cjfish

« Reply #714 on: April 06, 2015, 11:25:12 PM »
Disgraceful performance by the refs.  Missed Winslow on the line which led to a bucket.....then did not reverse an out of bounds call which all the announcers and the entire country saw was off Duke.  I believe Duke is favored by the NCAA and the refs have knowledge of this.  K is the biggest ref baiter in the country and never gets a T.  CONSPIRACY THEORY which is clearly justified.  Too bad, an apparently clean program beaten by the disgrace that is Duke. 

« Reply #715 on: April 06, 2015, 11:30:32 PM »
Disgraceful performance by the refs.  Missed Winslow on the line which led to a bucket.....then did not reverse an out of bounds call which all the announcers and the entire country saw was off Duke.  I believe Duke is favored by the NCAA and the refs have knowledge of this.  K is the biggest ref baiter in the country and never gets a T.  CONSPIRACY THEORY which is clearly justified.  Too bad, an apparently clean program beaten by the disgrace that is Duke. 

You have to be kidding me right.  Evidently you missed the game Saturday night when the refs missed an out of bounds and a blatant after the shot clock buckets by Wisconsin when they played Kentucky.  The only team in foul trouble tonight was the Duke team that you say got all the calls.

Wisconsin was 3-14 after they had an 8 point lead and Tyus Jones hit big shot after big shot many of which were done with Okafor on the bench.  None of that had anything to do with the officials.  Duke's defense was stifling late.

« Reply #716 on: April 06, 2015, 11:32:09 PM »
Tonight was about Mike Krzyzewski saying Kentucky maybe getting all the press but I am still the man and my program is the still the gold standard in basketball.

5 NC's.  Second only to UCLA.

« Reply #717 on: April 06, 2015, 11:34:25 PM »
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-10-highest-paid-coaches-in-college-basketball-2015-03-27?page=3

Duke deserved it.  I thought Wisky stopped going to Kaminski.  He shouldve touched the ball on every poss last 4 mins of the game. This is why you get paid 10M a year.

« Reply #718 on: April 06, 2015, 11:34:54 PM »

You have to be kidding me right.  Evidently you missed the game Saturday night when the refs missed an out of bounds and a blatant after the shot clock buckets by Wisconsin when they played Kentucky.  The only team in foul trouble tonight was the Duke team that you say got all the calls.

Wisconsin was 3-14 after they had an 8 point lead and Tyus Jones hit big shot after big shot many of which were done with Okafor on the bench.  None of that had anything to do with the officials.  Duke's defense was stifling late.

Fordham, there was about 6-7 plays in the second half where they could go either way and they all went towards duke. Both out of bounds on windslow weren't really even close.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #719 on: April 06, 2015, 11:40:40 PM »
@StuJackson32: Congratulations to @BIGEASTMBB referees Mike Stephens and Pat Driscoll on working #finalfourchampionship. Exemplary country's best ref staff

Go Big East...Woooo...
Cougar O' Malley