NCAA Tournament thread

• 731 replies

Johnny23

Re: NCAA Tournament thread
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2015, 02:06:28 PM »
They're definitely in but this team needs to relax and just go out and ball hard in the NCAA's. For such a veteran team they have looked like deer in the headlights the last few games.

« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2015, 10:03:00 AM »
With Oregon beat Utah and Xavier beating G'Town we can forget about a 7 seed.  I expect to see us in an 8/9 game, but will be rooting for a 10.

« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2015, 10:13:58 AM »
With Oregon beat Utah and Xavier beating G'Town we can forget about a 7 seed.  I expect to see us in an 8/9 game, but will be rooting for a 10.

Other than Kentucky, I'm not sure there's a material difference between the likely 1 and 2 seeds this year. 7/8/9/10 are more interchangeable than normal with drawing UK being the lone short stick. 

I'm rooting for a good first round matchup and anyone but UK in round 2.

« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2015, 12:32:17 PM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

9 seed vs Cinci...in Kentucky's bracket.

« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2015, 12:34:58 PM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

9 seed vs Cinci...in Kentucky's bracket.

Ugh, I wouldnt mind playing Cincy but we don't have a shot against UK.

« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2015, 12:44:06 PM »
Palm's bracketology....  Still has us as a 7 seed vs. LSU.  They are a "long" team.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2015, 12:57:00 PM »
Palm's bracketology....  Still has us as a 7 seed vs. LSU.  They are a "long" team.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

LSU doesnt worry me at all.  That loss to Auburn yesterday was possibly the worst coached game I saw in a long time by LSU's coach. 

« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2015, 01:14:17 PM »
Huge choke job Stony Brook

« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2015, 01:14:31 PM »
What a great finish in the American east championship. Some terrible basketball played in these low major conferences, but I'll never get tired of watching a three down by two and 2 seconds on the clock.

« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2015, 01:40:33 PM »
Can't believe Stony blew it AGAIN. Unreal.

« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2015, 02:19:45 PM »
Not really a choke when up 2 seconds remaining you play good D force up a shot that hits the top of the backboard gets tipped out to a made contested 3. Also playing a higher seed on their home court.

« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2015, 03:04:53 PM »
Not really a choke when up 2 seconds remaining you play good D force up a shot that hits the top of the backboard gets tipped out to a made contested 3. Also playing a higher seed on their home court.

10-19 from the free throw line

« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2015, 03:06:10 PM »

That's a problem all over basketball today, basically par for the course.

« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2015, 03:19:15 PM »

National FT % has remained consistent for 60 years.

« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2015, 03:52:57 PM »

The reason both St. Francis and Stony Brook are not dancing

« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2015, 04:11:38 PM »

National FT % has remained consistent for 60 years.
[/quoteWell than they used to suck too!  :)

LoganK

« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2015, 04:41:11 PM »
Laundry (I love auto-correct: Lunardi) moved Wisc to a 1.  Fine.  But he drops...Virginia???  I had Virginia as the 2nd overall team.  I can see them dropping to 3rd, but I still think they have the 2nd best profile.  Three losses, but all to top 20 teams.  Nova lost to SHU, Wisky lost to Rutgers, Duke lost to Miami and NC State.  All three have great quality wins.  I just don't see Virginia getting a 2.

« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2015, 04:52:51 PM »
Laundry (I love auto-correct: Lunardi) moved Wisc to a 1.  Fine.  But he drops...Virginia???  I had Virginia as the 2nd overall team.  I can see them dropping to 3rd, but I still think they have the 2nd best profile.  Three losses, but all to top 20 teams.  Nova lost to SHU, Wisky lost to Rutgers, Duke lost to Miami and NC State.  All three have great quality wins.  I just don't see Virginia getting a 2.
I agree. Plus, they're still getting used to having Anderson back.

« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2015, 04:55:11 PM »

So I guess tourny play does matter ?

goredmen

« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2015, 05:01:04 PM »

I think the committee takes the fact that the Wiscy loss to Rutgers was without Kaminsky