Jayon Twitter: Jordan news coming soon?

• 339 replies

goredmen

Re: Jayon Twitter: Jordan news coming soon?
« Reply #320 on: January 07, 2015, 03:44:48 AM »
Jordan isn't a good basketball player. If Jordan and Myles Stewart switched jerseys for a game the people on this board would be cursing at Lavin to never put him in the game again. But because Jordan is a 5 star recruit and can score 24 points against a scrub team like Tulane he needs to play.

I understand the depth argument, but if you actually watch these games, you can understand that Jordan is a huge negative when he's on the court.

Yeah he scores points, but how many shots does it take him to get those points. His points to field goal attempt ratio against good team is horrendous. He turns the ball over way too much and looks uninterested on defense. Lets look at his points to field goal attempts against good teams this year:

Minnesota: 18 points on 14 FGA
Gonzaga: 18 points on 16 FGA
Syracuse: 11 points on 11 FGA
St. Mary's: 6 points on 11 FGA
Seton Hall: 11 points on 10 FGA
Villanova: 2 points on 6 FGA

So tell me again how this season is lost without him but we have a shot with him? The favorite argument around here has been "well who would make up for his 14 PPG?" Nobody probably, but I guarantee whoever fills in for him wouldn't miss 10 shots a game and turn it over another 5-6 times.

Unless he actually starts to care again, which is highly unlikely. this team would be better without him.

TONYD3

« Reply #321 on: January 07, 2015, 07:15:24 AM »
No just having jordan there was important . He didn't play well but he had to be guarded. He had a few good drives but didn't finish. Didn't think he played awful

Moose

« Reply #322 on: January 07, 2015, 08:52:52 AM »
Didn't think he played awful

A trip to the optometrist might be in order :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #323 on: January 07, 2015, 09:08:49 AM »
No just having jordan there was important . He didn't play well but he had to be guarded. He had a few good drives but didn't finish. Didn't think he played awful

Tony, he played awful.  I respect your opinion, but I just dont think its even debateable. 
And as marillac  has been pointing out, he could have redeemed himself by playing good D and helping out on the boards, but he didnt.

TONYD3

« Reply #324 on: January 07, 2015, 09:21:31 AM »
Said he didnt play well. That isn't much of a compliment .

« Reply #325 on: January 07, 2015, 09:24:44 AM »
Would love to know how  many dimes the Philly Entourage had on the game

Tha Kid

« Reply #326 on: January 07, 2015, 09:49:33 AM »

Tony, he played awful.  I respect your opinion, but I just dont think its even debateable. 
And as marillac  has been pointing out, he could have redeemed himself by playing good D and helping out on the boards, but he didnt.

Absolutely - that was an atrocious game.  If our subs were solid mid-major players rather than borderline D-1 players, he wouldnt have deserved to play at all.
"I drink and I know things"

TONYD3

« Reply #327 on: January 07, 2015, 09:52:42 AM »
I am not disagreeing

« Reply #328 on: January 07, 2015, 09:56:32 AM »
He played terribly, still need him in the long run. One game.

« Reply #329 on: January 07, 2015, 12:03:12 PM »
He played terribly, still need him in the long run. One game.

This +1. He played a very very bad game. Leave it at that.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #330 on: January 07, 2015, 12:04:41 PM »
Jordan isn't a good basketball player. If Jordan and Myles Stewart switched jerseys for a game the people on this board would be cursing at Lavin to never put him in the game again. But because Jordan is a 5 star recruit and can score 24 points against a scrub team like Tulane he needs to play.

I understand the depth argument, but if you actually watch these games, you can understand that Jordan is a huge negative when he's on the court.

Yeah he scores points, but how many shots does it take him to get those points. His points to field goal attempt ratio against good team is horrendous. He turns the ball over way too much and looks uninterested on defense. Lets look at his points to field goal attempts against good teams this year:

Minnesota: 18 points on 14 FGA
Gonzaga: 18 points on 16 FGA
Syracuse: 11 points on 11 FGA
St. Mary's: 6 points on 11 FGA
Seton Hall: 11 points on 10 FGA
Villanova: 2 points on 6 FGA

So tell me again how this season is lost without him but we have a shot with him? The favorite argument around here has been "well who would make up for his 14 PPG?" Nobody probably, but I guarantee whoever fills in for him wouldn't miss 10 shots a game and turn it over another 5-6 times.

Unless he actually starts to care again, which is highly unlikely. this team would be better without him.

There are certainly times where he really hurts us but there are also times where he really helps us. Phil Greene averages less points per game than he does shot attempts. That is really really unproductive.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #331 on: January 07, 2015, 12:55:42 PM »
He had a terrible game. It happens. But to suggest he is just as good as Myles Stewart shows quite a bit of ignorance about basketball.

TONYD3

« Reply #332 on: January 07, 2015, 01:15:04 PM »
Myles Stewart isn't a bum though. Don't think he should play a lot . But he should get felix and Christians minutes .

QuanMan

« Reply #333 on: January 07, 2015, 01:26:25 PM »
If there was any way to humble Sheed, last night might've done it. An atrocious effort while his entire city was watching.

He looked like he hadn't played in weeks and was chillin all Christmas break like he was a normal student. Zero confidence, you can see it through his body language, hesitance around the basket and countless turnovers.

Hopefully the spark has been lit, and he is already preparing for Kris Dunn, who is on an absolute rampage and torched Butler last night for 25-8-6.

Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #334 on: January 07, 2015, 01:30:28 PM »
If there was any way to humble Sheed, last night might've done it. An atrocious effort while his entire city was watching.

He looked like he hadn't played in weeks and was chillin all Christmas break like he was a normal student. Zero confidence, you can see it through his body language, hesitance around the basket and countless turnovers.

Hopefully the spark has been lit, and he is already preparing for Kris Dunn, who is on an absolute rampage and torched Butler last night for 25-8-6.

He played  so bad it looked like he threw the game

goredmen

« Reply #335 on: January 07, 2015, 03:49:29 PM »
He had a terrible game. It happens. But to suggest he is just as good as Myles Stewart shows quite a bit of ignorance about basketball.

I am just saying that Myles Stewart wouldn't hurt the team as much as Jordan does if he took those minutes. Stewart might be an even or slightly negative player. Jordan is and has been a significantly negative player when on the court

« Reply #336 on: January 07, 2015, 04:13:06 PM »
Myles Stewart isn't a bum though. Don't think he should play a lot . But he should get felix and Christians minutes .

I finally agreed with something you posted. My only real complaint about Lavin this year is the odd choices he uses when playing his 7th, 8th and 9th guys. Matrchups don't seem to dictate his use of those guys. Went small last night with Chris out when he could have used Joey D, when we were struggling to score Stewart doesn't get in. Also I think the Christian Jones experience should be discontinued.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:01:03 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #337 on: January 07, 2015, 04:59:07 PM »
They need a 7th and or 8th guy and I honestly don't know if they can make this season anything if they don't find productive minutes from there.

QuanMan

« Reply #338 on: January 07, 2015, 05:08:03 PM »
Adonis has double the talent of Joey, he would've been a fan favorite and valuable contributor by this stage of the season. Crazy how there still hasn't been a formal announcement of his eligibility.
Section 3
Section 116

TONYD3

« Reply #339 on: January 07, 2015, 06:29:22 PM »

I finally agreed with something you posted. My only real complaint about Lavin this year is the odd choices he uses when playing his 7th, 8th and 9th guys. Matrchups don't seem to dictate his use of those guys. Went small last night with Chris out when he could have used Joey D, when we were struggling to score Stewart doesn't get in. Also I think the Christian Jones experience should be discontinued.
That makes me feel good😄.