What will it take to dance?

• 46 replies
Re: What will it take to dance?
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2015, 05:05:22 PM »
IMO. Absolutely need to beat Xavier and Marquette, and split the Nova/Grown. We need help too. That D2 win is biting us in the arse, useless game

Need help?  Please!  #37 RPI rating and #31 SOS.  The Johnnies control their own destiny. 

2-2 and a win in the Big East tournament will put the Johnnies in.  3-1, and we'll be in prior to the start of the Big East tournament.

Yeah we need 3 more wins total, which I think is what pretty much everyone has been saying. Problem is I do not see us beating Nova or Gtown. So that means we HAVE to beat Xavier which will be a tough game again than take care of business vs Marquette. That would make our 1st BET game a play in. So basically a lot of work to do.

I don't see us beating Villanova, but I do see us winning next Saturday versus G'town.  I have us going 10-8 to finish out the conference season.

IMO, we'll be fine by the time the Big East tournament starts.   ;)

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 05:09:28 PM »
IMO. Absolutely need to beat Xavier and Marquette, and split the Nova/Grown. We need help too. That D2 win is biting us in the arse, useless game

Need help?  Please!  #37 RPI rating and #31 SOS.  The Johnnies control their own destiny. 

2-2 and a win in the Big East tournament will put the Johnnies in.  3-1, and we'll be in prior to the start of the Big East tournament.

Yeah we need 3 more wins total, which I think is what pretty much everyone has been saying. Problem is I do not see us beating Nova or Gtown. So that means we HAVE to beat Xavier which will be a tough game again than take care of business vs Marquette. That would make our 1st BET game a play in. So basically a lot of work to do.

I don't see us beating Villanova, but I do see us winning next Saturday versus G'town.  I have us going 10-8 to finish out the conference season.

Right about now is when the team should be kicking themselves for DePaul and Creighton games

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 05:11:18 PM »

Right about now is when the team should be kicking themselves for DePaul and Creighton games

Agree.

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2015, 05:12:04 PM »
Cannot look passed Marquette

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2015, 05:13:16 PM »

Unlike us these kids don't spend time looking in the rear view mirror.

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 05:14:31 PM »
3 wins and we are in. 2 wins and we are sweating but the bubble is so weak, with our decent OOC wins and no bad OOC losses we will still probably make it.

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2015, 05:15:05 PM »
Cannot look passed Marquette

True.  The team can't look past Marquette, but we're not playing, so I'm gonna give us a win there.

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2015, 05:17:37 PM »

Unlike us these kids don't spend time looking in the rear view mirror.

Hope I never get stuck driving behind one of them then.

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2015, 05:23:40 PM »

They'd be just about a tourney lock today with those 2 wins. Man those really do hurt.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2015, 05:25:49 PM »

They'd be just about a tourney lock today with those 2 wins. Man those really do hurt.

Yup 20-7 9-5 also probably ranked

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2015, 05:36:54 PM »
2 more wins gets us to Dayton. 3 wins and we don't have to sweat it out.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

LoganK

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2015, 06:15:19 PM »
I think top 6 get in as long as we're all .500 or better.  Today was a good day for the BE bubble (so far).

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2015, 07:37:15 PM »
We need to win on Monday.

Marillac

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2015, 09:58:38 PM »
If we beat Xavier and win one more, we're in--might be a play-in game, but we're in. 
Three total wins eliminates any and all doubt and removes us from play-in game.

RPI is at 37 and will rise with win over top 100 Seton Hall.  31 SOS that will only improve with @Nova, Gtown, and Xavier coming up + @ Marquette and at least one neutral court tournament game. 

Xavier is a really huge game.  If they win on the road, we'll never be able to catch their RPI, almost certainly surrender 5th place to them,  skyrocket them over us on the at-large totem pole.  However, a sweep of them will really give us a big advantage in the at-large process, a better RPI, a good chance to finish fifth with control of the tie-breaker, and leave us with two less losses than them. 

I understand people are worried about wins because of last season, but there is really no comparing the two years.  We finished with a 65 RPI last year.  We are an Xavier win at MSG away from being inside 30 this year. 

desco80

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2015, 11:02:22 PM »
Regardless of what it takes to get in (and I agree 3 more wins in some fashion locks it up), but I would really love to see this team finally win a Big East Tournament game.

It's a sin that this group has never even been a threat in the conference tournament on their own court.  In some ways making a run there could mean more to these seniors than a 1st or 2nd round loss in the ncaas

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2015, 12:41:11 AM »
I agree Desco.. would be nice to see this group win a conference tournament.  But what would u and your buddy baldi have to complain about then?  Maybe start a few more threads about how the world is not fair.

Marillac

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2015, 01:17:38 AM »
Regardless of what it takes to get in (and I agree 3 more wins in some fashion locks it up), but I would really love to see this team finally win a Big East Tournament game.

It's a sin that this group has never even been a threat in the conference tournament on their own court.  In some ways making a run there could mean more to these seniors than a 1st or 2nd round loss in the ncaas

Agreed.  I think we are just expressing the minimum to get us over the threshold, but I think we can finish 3-1 and win two games in the tournament.  If we're a tournament team, there is no reason we can't finally win a tournament game in our own city.  We've had a truly pathetic run since winning the Big East in 2000. 

Wods317

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2015, 02:08:31 AM »

The team should be kicking themselves for loses from a month ago? Now is not the time to focus on games we could have won. We could have just as easily lost at Providence or at Xavier. Our resume is what it is, only thing to is look forward. Take care of business in the next four and those are meaningless.

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2015, 08:54:23 AM »

The team should be kicking themselves for loses from a month ago? Now is not the time to focus on games we could have won. We could have just as easily lost at Providence or at Xavier. Our resume is what it is, only thing to is look forward. Take care of business in the next four and those are meaningless.

Yes because 2 of those games I believe are unwinnable. Going 3-2 puts them in IMO but it is not going to be easy. They are better than the position they put themselves in.

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2015, 09:56:25 AM »

Let's be thankful too.

We were on the verge of imploding with dlo's nagging injury(ies), RJ struggling through his struggles, and CO up and down and nicked up.   I feel fortunate they have the chance to finish this off on a very good note.  Nothing is easy in life - they have to take it end of season and conference tourney time.