• 731 replies

TONYD3

Re: NCAA Tournament thread
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2015, 02:54:47 PM »
I think if Xavier gets in, they will be 10 plus seed

Tha Kid

« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2015, 02:59:08 PM »
I'd much rather be a 10 or 11 than a 8 or 9.  We either want a 6/7 or a 10/11.

Y'all can forget about being a 10 or 11.  Those are mainly reserved for mid-majors and high-majors who barely got into the tournament.  More than likely, we're gonna end up being anywhere from a 6 to 9 seed.

Think you are right MJ, but if we lose to PC and a couple of these bubble teams do very well in conf tourneys, being the "best" 10 might be a legit possibility.  I agree we are probably a 9 at worst.  Win v PC and should be a 7.  Thats the goal.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2015, 05:19:20 PM »
Currently in Palm's bracketology on CBSSPORTS, we are a 6 seed playing Purdue, with Maryland as the 3 seed. I personally feel like Maryland is the easiest 3 or 4 seed to play by far. I think right now we are a 7 or 8, but maybe we can improve on that and get a 6 seed. Hope we get Maryland no matter where we are, feel we match up great against them.

« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2015, 05:22:31 PM »
Snazzy...I thought that about Maryland too but Dez Wells is playing off the charts lately.  Would be interesting matchup between him and Dom...and Trimble/Jordan
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2015, 05:35:08 PM »
Snazzy...I thought that about Maryland too but Dez Wells is playing off the charts lately.  Would be interesting matchup between him and Dom...and Trimble/Jordan

I just feel we match up well with them. They also have no NCAA tournament experience either, and the other 3 seeds I feel are much better. Obviously I'd rather play any of the 3 seeds over the 1s or 2s, because the top 8 teams are a step above IMO.

« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2015, 05:57:26 PM »
I'd much rather be a 10 or 11 than a 8 or 9.  We either want a 6/7 or a 10/11.

Y'all can forget about being a 10 or 11.  Those are mainly reserved for mid-majors and high-majors who barely got into the tournament.  More than likely, we're gonna end up being anywhere from a 6 to 9 seed.

Think you are right MJ, but if we lose to PC and a couple of these bubble teams do very well in conf tourneys, being the "best" 10 might be a legit possibility.  I agree we are probably a 9 at worst.  Win v PC and should be a 7.  Thats the goal.

I think a 9 seed is the floor, but otherwise agree.  I think this providence game has big ncaa implications.  A loss and sju is potentially an 8/9 seed, whereas a win locks us in at no lower than a 7, since we would get a good win and then our loss would be to nova, which doesn't hurt at all (possibly even a 6 if that happens).   

Marillac

« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2015, 06:13:04 PM »
I'd like to avoid the 8/9 game with a #1 lurking two days later. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2015, 06:48:00 PM »
I'd like to avoid the 8/9 game with a #1 lurking two days later. 

Honestly, between Virginia and Duke, or Arizona and Wisconsin, I'll take the 1s!

That said, the Kentucky game would be brutal.  Still think if anyone outside the top few teams can somehow mircaculously beat Kentucky, its a senior laden team who is athletic and can shoot.  That just means I give us a 5% chance.  But as Lloyd Christmas says...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2015, 08:04:46 PM »
Imagine if this team had the one missing piece that was once committed to SJU and then took his talents to Baylor. We'd be talking Final Four or bust!

Proud of these kids though...can't wait for Thursday to Sunday!

hnk

« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2015, 08:12:18 PM »
or the big kid who is hurt at "Cuse

« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2015, 08:58:04 PM »
Currently in Palm's bracketology on CBSSPORTS, we are a 6 seed playing Purdue, with Maryland as the 3 seed. I personally feel like Maryland is the easiest 3 or 4 seed to play by far. I think right now we are a 7 or 8, but maybe we can improve on that and get a 6 seed. Hope we get Maryland no matter where we are, feel we match up great against them.
careful what you wish for. Maryland is playing great now, and they shoot a high FT% with a lot of FTM, which is a good tourney quality.  Maryland will be a 2 seed after this week, beating out Kansas and IS for the last 2.

« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2015, 08:59:50 PM »
I remember when Iona played Wofford earlier in the year, someone asked "what is a Wofford?" Baldi responded with , " an NCAA team". They just won their 28th

hnk

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2015, 09:06:38 PM »
Y are u not in Albany?

« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2015, 09:07:57 PM »
I remember when Iona played Wofford earlier in the year, someone asked "what is a Wofford?" Baldi responded with , " an NCAA team". They just won their 28th

Your response was based on them being an NCAA team last season.  You didn't have a clue about them being one this season. 

« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2015, 09:08:07 PM »
Y are u not in Albany?

Not this year

« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2015, 09:14:35 PM »

Your response was based on them being an NCAA team last season.  You didn't have a clue about them being one this season.
NCAA "Tourney" team, or NCAA team?

LoganK

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2015, 11:06:14 PM »
I don't think I was the one who said that specifically, but I think I did make fun of Iona for losing to them.  Oops.  They were on the bubble before earning their auto bid.  Far down the bubble, but they were there.

« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2015, 11:09:42 PM »
I don't think I was the one who said that specifically, but I think I did make fun of Iona for losing to them.  Oops.  They were on the bubble before earning their auto bid.  Far down the bubble, but they were there.
it's a shame Iona gets scuttled. They deserve it more than an 8th place Longhorns or some other conference dregs...

LoganK

« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2015, 11:11:59 PM »
it's a shame Iona gets scuttled. They deserve it more than an 8th place Longhorns or some other conference dregs...
I disagree.  They didnt beat a single good team all year.  They lost to 5 really bad teams.  If Wofford had lost, I could understand the argument for them.  But Iona will be lucky to have a home game in the NIT.  They really were not close to the bubble, resume is terrible.

« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2015, 11:15:42 PM »
I disagree.  They didnt beat a single good team all year.  They lost to 5 really bad teams.  If Wofford had lost, I could understand the argument for them.  But Iona will be lucky to have a home game in the NIT.  They really were not close to the bubble, resume is terrible.
Ttue. Even Manhattan played a much tougher schedule.   They do reward success in tough OOC games.