NCAA Tournament thread

• 731 replies

boo3

Re: NCAA Tournament thread
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2015, 05:02:05 PM »
If Lavin coached SB, it would be all his fault.  Instead , it's a plague of all of college hoops.  Consistency ,  a JJ staple

« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2015, 05:02:32 PM »
Laundry (I love auto-correct: Lunardi) moved Wisc to a 1.  Fine.  But he drops...Virginia???  I had Virginia as the 2nd overall team.  I can see them dropping to 3rd, but I still think they have the 2nd best profile.  Three losses, but all to top 20 teams.  Nova lost to SHU, Wisky lost to Rutgers, Duke lost to Miami and NC State.  All three have great quality wins.  I just don't see Virginia getting a 2.

So I guess tourny play does matter ?
I think less than in the past from what I've read.

« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2015, 05:16:17 PM »
I thought the Terps could work their way into a 2 seed with a win today over State, and even losing to Wisconsin tomorrow. But ND may secure it if they beat UNC tonight. I think they've got a better resume than Kansas.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 05:19:07 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2015, 05:21:29 PM »
I thought the Terps could work their way into a 2 seed with a win today over State, and even losing to Wisconsin tomorrow. But ND may secure it if they beat UNC tomorrow. I think they've got a better resume than Kansas.

By the way, Notre Dame/UNC play tonight at 8.  You're probably used to the ACC Championship game being played on Sunday afternoon.  LOL
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 05:22:12 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2015, 05:23:22 PM »
So many phantom calls in MSU's favor at the end of the game. They've anticipated contact when it wasn't there

« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2015, 05:27:08 PM »
If Lavin coached SB, it would be all his fault.  Instead , it's a plague of all of college hoops.  Consistency ,  a JJ staple
[/quote
[/quote
Well poor foul shooting may have cost them a one point loss on the road against the top seed but i still don't think it was a choke job. Want to know what is a choke job-a senior laden team getting blown out on their home floor to a team they had beaten twice because they came out tight. Tight in sports parlance means tight around the collar the very definition of choking. Back to sucking up to coach, huh Boo!

jr49

« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2015, 05:40:19 PM »
Huge choke job Stony Brook
Not really a choke when up 2 seconds remaining you play good D force up a shot that hits the top of the backboard gets tipped out to a made contested 3. Also playing a higher seed on their home court.
Did Iona lose to the Cuse like that? Harder to take for a huge dog.

« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2015, 05:42:25 PM »
Not really a choke when up 2 seconds remaining you play good D force up a shot that hits the top of the backboard gets tipped out to a made contested 3. Also playing a higher seed on their home court.

Marius Janulis. I'll never forget that SOB

Poison

« Reply #188 on: March 14, 2015, 05:42:29 PM »

They sure did. Marius Janulis, one of those classic Boeheim role players hit a 3 to win that game. This after Ryan Blackwell broke our hearts in 2OT.

« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2015, 05:45:17 PM »
Should we get 8 or 9 seed, Hope we don't draw VCU or Michigan  St

jr49

« Reply #190 on: March 14, 2015, 05:55:17 PM »
I would like to take my shot at what is coach Lavin's fault. His lack of bringing in BE quality players who can get on the court the last 2 years. When we were short players in year 2 he said that would never happen again. A coaches first responsibility is bringing enough players that belong in the conference in which you compete. Six players doesn't cut it, nor does counting on kids going 40. I thought it would take time, and never said a negative thing regarding coach until this year.  If a kid is moving in slow mo or hurting he stays on the court. Both cases ain't right. 

« Reply #191 on: March 14, 2015, 06:06:05 PM »
Archie Miller has done great with a similar 7 man rotation

« Reply #192 on: March 14, 2015, 06:29:31 PM »

Michigan State probably got themselves a higher seed going to the B1G finals. VCU is a very possible opponent.

goredmen

« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2015, 06:29:41 PM »

VCU would be a great draw for us IMO. It would be a fast paced game where we excel. Michigan State would mop us though

jr49

« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2015, 06:40:07 PM »
I don't care what another coach has done coaching. I think Lav getting this team in tourny is just fine, although I think the players bailed him out. Did any coach in the BE bring in but one BE quality player that hit the court the last 2 years. There is Jordan. I don't count Sanchez. The guys he did bring in were a cover up. He didn't get a real player so he brought in Hooper and Bourgualt. Thomas counts for nothing. Will AD ever play and be a BE player? We did bring in a sleeper walk on. Who's gonna fall for that.So, Baldi, please don't tell me about a coach who did a nice job coaching a seven man rotation. I'm talking about 2 years of recruiting neglect. If he gets coach of the year, same thing holds. Now lets see this team go out playing good hard hoops.   

« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2015, 06:44:13 PM »
Buffalo playing at 7:30 on espn2 if anyone wants to see Bobby coach before the big east final

« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2015, 06:49:59 PM »
JR49 is dead on about this.  I've been a Lavin supporter, but the failure to get anything from the 2013/2014 class, besides Sheed, that contribute now has really hurt us this year.  Hell even a guy of Gift's caliber would have helped this year.  Staff should have known that Sampson was gone, in addition to Sanchez and Gift, and recruited accordingly, knowing what we know now about others backing off Thomas and ADR who pretty much everyone said would never contribute as a freshman.

« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2015, 06:55:58 PM »
Very true. With no player taller than 6-6...In the A-10...that is coaching...beat RI today....we probably cannot even get him because a more impatient, more powerful school will pay the king's ransom buyout, and pay him serious coin...to oust a guy whose team was a 1 seed just two short years ago.  Adults are resembling impatient 18 year olds.   

We probably should try, but I think we won't, knowing Indiana is going to pull out the rail gun vs. our 9 mm...And they're considering buying Crean out before July 1st, which would mean between 10.6 to 12 MIL (without cause interpretation causes range) !!! 7.5 MIL after July 1st. That is B1G Money....But Miller does not have a huge buyout according to some board comments I read.

Another school living in the past - " judging by the general apathy from students and a fanbase still longing for the salad days of the Bob Knight era, ..."

http://bustingbrackets.com/2015/03/04/daytons-archie-miller-answer-indiana-hoosiers/
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 07:10:07 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2015, 07:20:15 PM »

VCU would be a great draw for us IMO. It would be a fast paced game where we excel. Michigan State would mop us though

I've been underwhelmed by them all year, despite the win over Maryland today.

Tha Kid

« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2015, 07:22:28 PM »
Laundry (I love auto-correct: Lunardi) moved Wisc to a 1.  Fine.  But he drops...Virginia???  I had Virginia as the 2nd overall team.  I can see them dropping to 3rd, but I still think they have the 2nd best profile.  Three losses, but all to top 20 teams.  Nova lost to SHU, Wisky lost to Rutgers, Duke lost to Miami and NC State.  All three have great quality wins.  I just don't see Virginia getting a 2.

UVA has lost 2 of its last 3 and lost its only match up to Duke, right?  Duke hasn't lost to anyone besides notre dame in 2 months.  How you end has to matter a little in seeding...
"I drink and I know things"