NCAA Tournament thread

• 731 replies
Re: NCAA Tournament thread
« Reply #220 on: March 15, 2015, 11:17:51 AM »
I think rpi is used more as a tool to rank a team's wins and losses than to evaluate a team itself, because when evaluating a team you can actually look at those wins/losses. Only 11 teams in the top 50 in rpi have more top 25 wins than st. Johns. I think having good wins goes a long way in the committe's eyes

« Reply #221 on: March 15, 2015, 11:20:54 AM »
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-rpi

RPI is at 44 according to this site which is the NCAA. Imo that will put us at 11 or 12 seed.  would not be surprised to get play in

As you have pointed out for other at large contenders (Georgia, etc.), there is a lot more to the seeding conversation than RPI. SOS and top 50 wins put SJU in a relatively favorable position. You clearly understand this but continue to repeatedly state an opinion that seemingly defies even your own criteria.

Most here knows he's trying to troll or simply ignorant to how the system works.  To even think we could be a play-in participant tells us he's one of the two (we all know it's the former).

« Reply #222 on: March 15, 2015, 11:25:02 AM »

RPI is at 44 according to this site which is the NCAA. Imo that will put us at 11 or 12 seed.  would not be surprised to get play in

But when you are given a list of the 15-20 bubble teams fighting for 10-11 spots, you pick st johns in the first few that you think deserve it. 

We will be 7-10, my guess is a 9.

Who cares what we think? Is this RPI not relevant all of a sudden?  In my opinion I think ST John's will be  one of the last 6 or 8 teams in.

Yeah....  Who cares what we think, but there is nothing definitive that matches your nitwit thought. 

It's so cute when you try to act tough. Try commenting on the situation instead of commenting on posters.

« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2015, 11:30:52 AM »

But when you are given a list of the 15-20 bubble teams fighting for 10-11 spots, you pick st johns in the first few that you think deserve it. 

Who cares what we think? Is this RPI not relevant all of a sudden?  In my opinion I think ST John's will be  one of the last 6 or 8 teams in.

Yeah....  Who cares what we think, but there is nothing definitive that matches your nitwit thought. 

It's so cute when you try to act tough. Try commenting on the situation instead of commenting on posters.

Act tough?  LOL.  Poor feelings, troll.

Nah, dude.  More like a thorough observation. 

Tell you what, "poor feelings."  If St. John's is in the play-in game, then I'd get lost.  If they aren't, then you get lost. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:34:24 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2015, 11:46:42 AM »

Tell you what, "poor feelings."  If St. John's is in the play-in game, then I'd get lost.  If they aren't, then you get lost. 

And potentially miss out on commenting on the new coaching hire, sharing my own "thorough observations "? 

Besides, you will probably get yourself kicked out(again). So it wouldn't be fair to you. Let's try to stay on topic

« Reply #225 on: March 15, 2015, 11:52:10 AM »

And potentially miss out on commenting on the new coaching hire, sharing my own "thorough observations "? 

Besides, you will probably get yourself kicked out(again). So it wouldn't be fair to you. Let's try to stay on topic

Kicked out again?  LOL

Wrong, per usual.  I personally stopped posting here for nearly 3 years.  So, get your facts straight.

I knew you wouldn't take the bet because you don't believe that foolishness.

Poison

« Reply #226 on: March 15, 2015, 12:02:29 PM »

Kicked out again?  LOL

Wrong, per usual.  I personally stopped posting here for nearly 3 years.  So, get your facts straight.

Baldi's right. You act like a f*cking child with your name calling. Stay on topic. You think we're a 7 seed? I don't. We'll find out soon enough.

« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2015, 12:05:59 PM »

Kicked out again?  LOL

Baldi's right. You act like a f*cking child with your name calling. Stay on topic. You think we're a 7 seed? I don't. We'll find out soon enough.

Go take your pills, fool!  You just made a hypocrite of yourself.  Typical.

Obviously, you can't comprehend.  What have I said since we lost on Thursday?  Reading is fundamental.

« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2015, 12:12:47 PM »

Kicked out again?  LOL

Agree that we aren't a 7. Pretty sure dink said 7-10, which is much more likely than a play in (virtually impossible)

« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2015, 12:16:20 PM »

Kicked out again?  LOL

Agree that we aren't a 7. Pretty sure dink said 7-10, which is much more likely than a play in (virtually impossible)

Thanks, Chudster.

Poison

« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2015, 12:23:57 PM »

Kicked out again?  LOL

Go take your pills, fool!  You just made a hypocrite of yourself.  Typical.

Obviously, you can't comprehend.  What have I said since we lost on Thursday?  Reading is fundamental.

What have you said? Let's see, "you're stupid", you "don't understand", "the entire board agrees with me" "obviously, you can't comprehend" etc. Like I said, you act like a child. Try taking more time to formulate your thoughts before posting, or ask a parent for help. We're all happy to wait for you.

« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2015, 12:39:23 PM »

Try taking more time to formulate your thoughts before posting

Okay....  You act dense and like you need to be on meds.  Ask a doc for help.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:39:51 PM by mjdinkins »

goredmen

« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2015, 12:46:32 PM »
Looking at Lunardi's bracket we are a 9. So give or take all seeds in his bracket are one 1 spot off theres a few teams we have a good chance of seeing in the 1st round:

VCU: Wouldn't mind playing them. They play fast and we are better in an up tempo-game
SDSU: My dream matchup probably. They are exact opposite of VCU in terms of playing style but this team is very very overrated. They can't score at all
Cincinnati: Another team I would like to see us matched up with. Did not make waves in an average AAC
NC St: Very good backcourt. Have a lot of talent and probably underachieved a little bit. Wouldn't want to see them
Dayton: Well coached but not deep at all. We have more talent but they know how to win. Wouldn't mind seeing them but wouldn't be completely comfortable
Ohio State: I want no part of this team. Another team that underachieved with their talent. Russell would torch us
Oklahoma State: Team that struggles to score but I wouldn't want to see any B12 team in the first round. Nash is very good
Oregon: Can fill it up. Young is good but I feel thats a good matchup for us
Iowa: Would prefer to avoid them but not the worst matchup for us

With all those teams listed, I'm sure we will draw somebody else. Can't wait for 6PM

Poison

« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2015, 12:52:07 PM »

Try taking more time to formulate your thoughts before posting

Okay....  You act dense and like you need to be on meds.  Ask a doc for help.

Gee, so smart.

« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2015, 12:55:03 PM »
On CBS, guy from committee just said teams are already picked. Only UConn can change that.

« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2015, 12:58:13 PM »
"There are 6 teams who have the resume to be 1 seeds"

« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2015, 01:07:10 PM »
Looking at Lunardi's bracket we are a 9. So give or take all seeds in his bracket are one 1 spot off theres a few teams we have a good chance of seeing in the 1st round:

VCU: Wouldn't mind playing them. They play fast and we are better in an up tempo-game
SDSU: My dream matchup probably. They are exact opposite of VCU in terms of playing style but this team is very very overrated. They can't score at all
Cincinnati: Another team I would like to see us matched up with. Did not make waves in an average AAC
NC St: Very good backcourt. Have a lot of talent and probably underachieved a little bit. Wouldn't want to see them
Dayton: Well coached but not deep at all. We have more talent but they know how to win. Wouldn't mind seeing them but wouldn't be completely comfortable
Ohio State: I want no part of this team. Another team that underachieved with their talent. Russell would torch us
Oklahoma State: Team that struggles to score but I wouldn't want to see any B12 team in the first round. Nash is very good
Oregon: Can fill it up. Young is good but I feel thats a good matchup for us
Iowa: Would prefer to avoid them but not the worst matchup for us

With all those teams listed, I'm sure we will draw somebody else. Can't wait for 6PM

Well done. I think this is spot on.

boo3

« Reply #237 on: March 15, 2015, 01:15:51 PM »
Like most folks that seem to have a clue , I think we will end up on that 8/9 line.  Which sucks.  Beating Providence likely would have gotten us a 6 or 7.  This play-in stuff is  best to just ignore.

Today should be a great day for Johnny Nation.  Finally get to participate in selection Sunday.  Nothing else should matter.  The last 3 years, doesn't matter.  The next 3 years .. Doesn't matter.... Not today. 

Ignore the haters. Enjoy your day Johnny fans.  If you can't get over your hatred for a coach today, just pack it in.  You are a miserable person to begin with.

« Reply #238 on: March 15, 2015, 01:30:33 PM »
I think St Johns are locked in the 8/9 spot, maybe play Davidson in an 8/9 matchup.

The real concern is being in that Midwest region which I have a gut feeling may happen. Can't see them placing St Johns in a chance to play 2 teams they've previously played(Duke/Villanova) so it'd narrow it down to either Kentucky OR Wisconsin/Arizona.

boo3

« Reply #239 on: March 15, 2015, 01:36:42 PM »
Committee won't do STJ any favors.  The no-show against Providence gives them ammo to put us wherever.   I'd be estactic winning one game.   Sad but true