Gonzaga Game - Player of the Game

• 20 replies

desco80

Gonzaga Game - Player of the Game
« on: November 29, 2014, 11:22:21 AM »
My vote goes to Phil.   His clutch shooting kept this one close in the second half.

(If there was a least valuable team member, I'd give it to the coach.   He had no answer for their zone coming out of half-time.   We did nothing different.  Nobody flashed to the foul line, nothing.  Also, he kept Chris O on the bench down the stretch when Gonzaga was making every attempt to feed the post.  Bum)

Re: Gonzaga Game - Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 11:24:50 AM »
Phil no doubt

desco80

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 11:25:40 AM »
The ESPN box-score says that 3 of our guys fouled out.   So, maybe that's why we lost.  

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 03:02:45 PM »
I mean IDK when it started but Dom was flashing the high post most of the second half it seemed. It's when he got most of his points.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 06:20:33 PM »
Where are all the Greens and Pointer haters. Silence is deafening. 

Moose

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 06:30:26 PM »

:2funny:
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 06:41:05 PM »

There is always someone else to hate so it seems

sju89tr

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 09:30:54 PM »
We lose by close to 20 yesterday without a great game by Greene. 

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 10:04:43 PM »
I have to go with Dom yet again.  ZERO turnovers...played center for several minutes...four offensive boards.
Greene was huge too, but he took a few jumpers I didn't like with nobody there to rebound and early in the shot clock. The team really needs to go inside out to him and Harrison more.  That idiot Dakich was right about one thing...they are shooting just because they feel it is their turn.  

Jordan needs to kick it more on his drives.  He gets guys to suck in from the shooters (probably because he keeps it 95% of the time).  

I'm very hopeful.  Great D by  Harrison, Jordan, and Dom down low on the bigs.  Awesome effort.  Harrison needs to be smarter on offense, and I've blindly supported his shot selection for three years.  We have better options now.

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 01:18:45 AM »
Let the record show that against the best or second best team (depending on where Puke is at when we play them) we'll play all year...Phil was our best player.

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 09:44:59 AM »
Once again dom played a big game, he's definitely been the most consistently good player this year.  Phil hit some big shots, but he also took a bunch of really bad shots probably because he was "hot," which hurt and his defense was rough. 
Also, while Jordan was a mess on offense and Harrison was not great, they both put on solid defensive efforts. 
Obekpa gets an incomplete, and branch was himself, ran the offense ok and then makes boneheaded plays

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 09:58:35 AM »
Once again dom played a big game, he's definitely been the most consistently good player this year. Phil hit some big shots, but he also took a bunch of really bad shots probably because he was "hot," which hurt and his defense was rough. Also, while Jordan was a mess on offense and Harrison was not great, they both put on solid defensive efforts. Obekpa gets an incomplete, and branch was himself, ran the offense ok and then makes boneheaded plays

Do not remember branch making any boneheaded plays. And speaking of which, is he the only guy on the team who gets reprimanded for making poor plays? Sure seems to be. 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

TONYD3

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 11:06:58 AM »
Once again dom played a big game, he's definitely been the most consistently good player this year. Phil hit some big shots, but he also took a bunch of really bad shots probably because he was "hot," which hurt and his defense was rough. Also, while Jordan was a mess on offense and Harrison was not great, they both put on solid defensive efforts. Obekpa gets an incomplete, and branch was himself, ran the offense ok and then makes boneheaded plays
Do not remember branch making any boneheaded plays. And speaking of which, is he the only guy on the team who gets reprimanded for making poor plays? Sure seems to be.
I like Branch, wanted him to play more this year. I get the feeling he can do so much more. Wish he had confidence to shoot more. Think he could. If he became a little more of a threat it would be huge for us. If he doesn't try to score teams aren't even going to guard him come conference time.

sju89tr

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 11:13:57 AM »
Branch is a damn good guard, there is something that Lavin must not see in him as he should be playing 25 minutes a game

hnk

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 11:17:55 AM »
Branch shot really well from three in last year's NIT disaster....he had a real streak of three or four out of five.

Poison

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 11:27:18 AM »
Branch shot really well from three in last year's NIT disaster....he had a real streak of three or four out of five.
So did Max Hooper. 

hnk

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »
Max Hooper is no longer on the team.

TONYD3

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 11:42:38 AM »
His parents cant't be happy from harvard to oakland

Foad

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 12:22:45 PM »
  I like Branch, wanted him to play more this year. I get the feeling he can do so much more. 

More than no points and 1 assist in 20 minutes? What is he, Superman?

Poison

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 12:56:27 PM »
Right, but the point i was trying to make is that we are not going to learn much about a player that his career best performance in a blow out loss. When we needed Hooper to be a baller, he wasn't. He turned the damn over vs Providence, and pissed our season away. Okay, not our season, just that game. 
Branch should be running the offense like a point guard. Not the way anyone else on the team runs it. But in order for him to do that, he's got to cut down on the fancy crap. Pretty when it works, but inefficient and puzzling when it doesn't.