Villanova2 Player of the Game

• 2 replies
Villanova2 Player of the Game
« on: March 07, 2015, 10:34:23 PM »
Said I wouldn't vote for him again in the aftermath of mid-season shenanigans.  But he leaves me with no choice.  Prince of Philly makes a strong return and takes it.

Phil, in what has became a very familiar spot for him, comes in second.  Scored 16 points on 50% shooting from the field; 50% shooting from three; and 4 for 4 100% from the charity stripe. 

Never has his leadership role and value to the team been more evident.  Octagon hit a jumper with 19 minutes remaining to cut the Nova lead to 3. He has 16 points already on 5 for 8 shooting and the 2nd half has just begun.  He's carrying the Johnnies and well on his way to yet another career high scoring effort.  Then as fate would have it, pursuing a loose ball on the next possession, Delarosa plows awkwardly into him from behind - knocking him into the well heeled Nova fans in the front row.  And just like that the game is over.  He leaves the contest for a few minutes with a leg injury. Returns to valiantly give it a go but to no avail.  He limps around the court for 10 additional 2nd half minutes - shooting 0 for 2 with 0 rebounds and 0 assists. 

It's a shame really.  I hope he's Ok.

TONYD3

Re: Villanova2 Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 12:15:09 AM »
we lost by 40 . erase this thread

Re: Villanova2 Player of the Game
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 09:20:19 AM »
I think when we lose we should have Bizarro player of the game. I root for three headed monster Joey Amir Jones. I am pretty sure you could grab three guys off the street to do what they did yesterday. Obekpa better not get in foul trouble in the tourney