Scottie Lewis - SF - Ranney School - FLORIDA

• 164 replies

QuanMan

Re: Scottie Lewis - SF - Ranney School
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2018, 03:20:58 PM »
UF prioritizing him, we're mentioned:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-josh-green-florida-under-the-radar-classes

Florida is heavily involved because the Ranney School coach is Brian Klatsky.  Klatsky is a UF grad and a HUGE fan of the Gators.  Antoine is likely to land at either Nova or Duke.  So UF is pushing hard for Lewis.

Thanks for the insight Fordham.
Section 3
Section 116

tnice

« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2018, 11:18:45 PM »

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-josh-green-florida-under-the-radar-classes

Florida is heavily involved because the Ranney School coach is Brian Klatsky.  Klatsky is a UF grad and a HUGE fan of the Gators.  Antoine is likely to land at either Nova or Duke.  So UF is pushing hard for Lewis.

The Ranney School coach is Tahj Holden former Maryland hoopster and Red Bank native. Klatsky is the shady money guy financing Team Rio. Everything else you said was correct.

« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2018, 11:32:08 AM »

The Ranney School coach is Tahj Holden former Maryland hoopster and Red Bank native. Klatsky is the shady money guy financing Team Rio. Everything else you said was correct.

I want to hop in here and clear this up immediately. Klatsky is not the shady money guy. While he's certainly financially well off he's helped a lot of kids and families change the course of their lives. There is a lot of merit in that. Ranney is an amazing school and these kids are set whether basketball works out or doesn't as a result.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2018, 12:11:34 PM »

I want to hop in here and clear this up immediately. Klatsky is not the shady money guy. While he's certainly financially well off he's helped a lot of kids and families change the course of their lives. There is a lot of merit in that. Ranney is an amazing school and these kids are set whether basketball works out or doesn't as a result.

Both are correct.  He is not the coach, that was a mistake on my part.

« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2018, 10:00:14 AM »
Still a longshot but again SJU staying in there:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/five-star-scottie-lewis-taking-his-time-with-recruiting-process

St. John’s: “That is where I am from. I am from New York and I grew up there and my dad, whenever he first got to meet coach (Chris) Mullin and the coaching staff, he was in love with them, and my mom loves them as well. She hasn’t thought a lot about me staying home as far as going to New York, but after sitting down and having those home visits, she would love the fact of me staying at home and me playing at the Garden.”

Lewis was ranked as a five-star prospect in the initial ranking release of his 2019 class two years ago and has remained in that elite category ever since.

Known for his quick twitch abilities, defensive versatility and athleticism, questions remain on whether Lewis will continue to team up with Antoine in college. Look for Villanova, Kentucky, Florida, Duke and St. John’s to be among the group to make the final cut for the five-star wing in the coming weeks.

« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2018, 11:30:47 AM »
I feel decent about Scottie. I think his personality gives St. John's a true shot and he'd embrace it.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2018, 12:29:59 PM »
At least all of our competition are lightweights.  ??? Maybe if we have a very successful season and the fact that we have high level stars playing for us in Ponds and Heron we actually have a legitimate shot.

paultzman

« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2018, 01:48:16 PM »
Punchers chance

« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2018, 09:39:14 PM »
Just announced per twitter his final 7: SJU, Florida, Duke, Villanova, Harvard, Stanford and Kentucky.

https://www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/924977?referrer_id=1293611

« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:42:01 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2018, 06:47:37 AM »
Beating Kentucky, Duke and Nova for a recruit would be really impressive.

« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2018, 12:48:04 PM »
A program defining recruit, a kid that Nova usually gets.

QuanMan

« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2018, 12:24:11 PM »
247 Sports' Dain Ervin predicted St. John's to land both Scottie and Aiden yesterday. Expect many more Team Rio kids to be projected to sign with us once we make the Mike Rice hire official.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2018, 09:22:04 PM »
247 Sports' Dain Ervin predicted St. John's to land both Scottie and Aiden yesterday. Expect many more Team Rio kids to be projected to sign with us once we make the Mike Rice hire official.

How correct is he usually

« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2018, 12:41:00 AM »

How correct is he usually

Never heard of him

lihoop

« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2018, 08:07:35 AM »
I wonder if Paultzman has a sense on us getting Scotty Lewis?

paultzman

« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2018, 08:40:13 AM »
I wonder if Paultzman has a sense on us getting Scotty Lewis?
Puncher’s chance

« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2018, 05:46:11 PM »

Add Andrew Slater as of an hour ago.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Basketball/TargetPredictions
Fire Mullin.

« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2018, 06:39:23 PM »
Slater at 247 switched Scottie Lewis to St. John's at 4:09 today and Aidan Igiehon to St.John's at 4:10.

If we get one or both of these guys for 2019 we are over the hump. If that happens, the dam has burst and recruiting gets far easier going forward.

Johnny23

« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2018, 06:49:02 PM »
What's the latest on Rice? Still a possibility?