Scottie Lewis - SF - Ranney School - FLORIDA

• 164 replies

SJUFAN

Re: Scottie Lewis - SF - Ranney School
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2018, 06:58:50 PM »
As of right now, how many ships are available for 2019?

« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2018, 01:18:29 PM »

It doesn't matter, if Aidan and Scottie want to come they'll find room for them.

« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2018, 12:17:48 AM »

It doesn't matter, if Aidan and Scottie want to come they'll find room for them.

Marvin is a RS Senior so hes done after next year, Simon will be able to grad transfer after next year and Ponds is on DraftExpress' (his new ESPN stuff) top 20 projected picks for next year so I would say he is only going to climb the boards so he is gone next year.

« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2018, 12:10:48 PM »
Obviously unrealistic we will get many (if any) of the top 20/25 kids that we've been on, but you've got to be in it to win it and seems as if we have a shot with a few.  Perhaps Rice helps in that respect.  Even so, it is equally important for the staff to be focusing on the Ledlum's, Gaffney's, Bishop's, etc of the world so as to ensure that there are plenty of options if some of the blue chippers pick another school.  A problem with the prior staff was not having enough backup options when it came to recruiting the last few years of the Lavin tenure. 

If we are pleasantly surprised a nab a blue chipper or two go with a Ledlum, Gaffney, etc, all the better.  We will find room.  In addition to Marv graduating and Ponds surely leaving to turn pro, history tells us there will be at least another transfer, not accounting for the possibility that a big year by Herron could result in him leaving.  I hope Simon sticks around for his last year -- and I'm sure the staff will do everything to keep him -- but you never know with grad transfer seniors.

Bottom line - don't be concerned with us recruiting too many kids.  That always works itself out.  Casting a wider net is the way to go and I'd be concerned if we weren't doing that.

« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2018, 03:22:17 PM »
A definite +1 prjohnnies  :)

QuanMan

« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2018, 02:23:36 PM »
Obviously unrealistic we will get many (if any) of the top 20/25 kids that we've been on, but you've got to be in it to win it and seems as if we have a shot with a few.  Perhaps Rice helps in that respect.  Even so, it is equally important for the staff to be focusing on the Ledlum's, Gaffney's, Bishop's, etc of the world so as to ensure that there are plenty of options if some of the blue chippers pick another school.  A problem with the prior staff was not having enough backup options when it came to recruiting the last few years of the Lavin tenure. 

If we are pleasantly surprised a nab a blue chipper or two go with a Ledlum, Gaffney, etc, all the better.  We will find room.  In addition to Marv graduating and Ponds surely leaving to turn pro, history tells us there will be at least another transfer, not accounting for the possibility that a big year by Herron could result in him leaving.  I hope Simon sticks around for his last year -- and I'm sure the staff will do everything to keep him -- but you never know with grad transfer seniors.

Bottom line - don't be concerned with us recruiting too many kids.  That always works itself out.  Casting a wider net is the way to go and I'd be concerned if we weren't doing that.

PRJ- great post. When it comes our position with the elite kids (Kofi, Aiden, Scottie, Whitney, Precious), here's to hoping that each of them are intending on committing in the Spring not Fall signing period. Assuming Heron is eligible, we're bound to enjoy a successful season, and the perception of the program will improve with long awaited results. We'll only become more attractive as this season progresses. Agreed on JSimon btw, praying that he spends his 5th year in Queens, losing Shamorie will be a blow but he and Heron together would ensure 19-20 success.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2018, 06:49:31 PM »
I would prefer some nice early signings.

QuanMan

« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2018, 10:45:42 AM »
As the last wknd of the Summer recruiting cycle nears, Chris Fisher of 247Sports picks Scottie to Queens this morning.
Section 3
Section 116

derk

« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2018, 01:03:31 PM »
As the last wknd of the Summer recruiting cycle nears, Chris Fisher of 247Sports picks Scottie to Queens this morning.

Wake me up when he signs the papers

paultzman

« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2018, 12:23:14 PM »

« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2018, 01:03:56 PM »

QuanMan

« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2018, 12:17:42 AM »
Scottie told a Lexington paper this week that he's likely a Spring decision, good news for us.
Section 3
Section 116

paultzman

« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2018, 07:57:21 AM »
Scottie told a Lexington paper this week that he's likely a Spring decision, good news for us.
Would not get hopes up for him

QuanMan

« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2018, 09:21:42 AM »

Just get me to November. Throw the ball up and let this roster do all the recruiting this staff needs. Scottie or not, this season's success will get us what we need to move forward. 
Section 3
Section 116

wpc77

« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2018, 09:50:59 AM »

We didn't pay a homophobe that no other school will go near (Rice), so now he won't play?  That's how the game goes I guess.  As QuanMan said, win big consistently and then the rest will follow.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 09:51:37 AM by wpc77 »

pmg911

« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2018, 02:43:50 PM »

We didn't pay a homophobe that no other school will go near (Rice), so now he won't play?

Wtf..?

« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2018, 09:08:53 PM »
Yikes.  Sounds like the 19 class will be another home run 🙄. Starting to think it's essential Heron gets cleared so we can attract recruits with a huge season.

goredmen

« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2018, 04:39:13 PM »
Both Slater and Zach indicated that Lewis could have been had by us had we hired Rice. It is absolutely infuriating the program chose not to hire him. I don't know whose decision it was to ultimately pass on Rice, but whoever it was should never be allowed to make decisions regarding them basketball program again

« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2018, 06:24:39 PM »
Wanted Scottie as badly as any recruit we're chasing, but you can't have recruits dictating changes to your staff. Hes going to Florida or Kentucky without their having to bring on somebody with Rice's baggage, isn't he? Why was it required that we tie ourselves to those Rutgers' videos?

The Head Coach needs full autonomy to run the program as he sees fit. If Scottie wants to be at St. John's we'd love to have him, but a player can't dictate changes to our coaching staff.