Scottie Lewis - SF - Ranney School - FLORIDA

• 164 replies

MCNPA

Re: Scottie Lewis - SF - Ranney School
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2018, 11:12:49 PM »
Now, if we only hire Mike Rice, maybe it strengthens our position...

« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »
We should hire Rice and Klatsky.

« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2018, 01:13:02 PM »
We should hire Rice and Klatsky.
As you know who would say TIME TO GO FULL NUCLEAR  ;D

« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2018, 02:04:53 PM »
Lol i just want to see this team succeed. The recruiting process is a shady business, if we can find a loophole to land consistent high end talent, I'll take it.

ras

« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2018, 03:58:35 PM »
Doesn’t look like  Chris is adding anyone to staff, which bothers me, unless he decides to get off his arse and start recruiting more, which I’m not counting on.

QuanMan

« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2018, 04:04:05 PM »
Let the live period begin!--

Marley Paul‏ @MarleyPaul22 · 1m1 minute ago 

St. John’s is expected to have in-home visits with top 2019 targets Scottie Lewis, Bryan Antoine & Jalen Gaffney of Team Rio this weekend. #sjubb

Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2018, 04:31:07 PM »
Let the live period begin!--

Marley Paul‏ @MarleyPaul22 · 1m1 minute ago 

St. John’s is expected to have in-home visits with top 2019 targets Scottie Lewis, Bryan Antoine & Jalen Gaffney of Team Rio this weekend. #sjubb

May have shot with Gaffney but barring something like bringing M Rice aboard would think no shot with Lewis and Antoine.

« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2018, 07:17:21 PM »
Probably letting us visit as a courtesy since we we're on them early, invited them to games etc.

More importantly, which staff member(s) are doing the in-home visits ?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:18:23 PM by RedStormNC »

paultzman

« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2018, 07:24:42 PM »
Probably letting us visit as a courtesy since we we're on them early, invited them to games etc.
Y

Mullin and Matt I would think

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2018, 07:47:48 PM »

If we have no shot why even waste the limited time Mullin actually recruits on this? That's something I never understood. For months now it's been no secret we weren't getting these two or Jordan Brown. Why continue to waste resources on these guys.? Go recruit 3 star guys who we can actually get, and develop into solid 4 year players (if they don't transfer which they usually do under Mullin, but anyway...). Once you develop the lower tier recruits into good players and start to rack up the wins that's when you have a shot to land players of this caliber.

« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2018, 10:18:10 PM »
Y

Mullin and Matt I would think
What happened to all the talk that we were being negatively recruited against because of a lack of an African-American on the staff which we cured by bringing in Mitch? Shouldn't he be establishing relationships with some of the recruits?

QuanMan

« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2018, 11:54:06 PM »

Staff has been on these kids since day1, they were both in the Garden locker room celebrating with the team after the Duke win. I'm not counting either one of them out and I don't read this as a 'courtesy' visit. Lewis is a potential top5 lottery pick.
Section 3
Section 116

paultzman

« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2018, 07:55:02 AM »

Staff has been on these kids since day1, they were both in the Garden locker room celebrating with the team after the Duke win. I'm not counting either one of them out and I don't read this as a 'courtesy' visit. Lewis is a potential top5 lottery pick.

Lewis will keep SJ on his list for s while, but imo eventually will opt for a better program.  Staff knows Antoine was never a real possibility, while Gaffney is in play. Just my read .

« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2018, 10:49:48 PM »

Lewis will keep SJ on his list for s while, but imo eventually will opt for a better program.  Staff knows Antoine was never a real possibility, while Gaffney is in play. Just my read .

« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2018, 10:28:47 AM »
Penny Hardaway likely using his NBA resume' and AAU coaching connections to quickly cement an in-home....

Pat Lawless
@PatLawless_
2019 Five-Star duo Bryan Antoine & Scottie Lewis from Team Rio (NJ) in-home visit schedule:

4/13 | Duke's Mike Krzyzewski
4/14 | Kentucky's John Calipari
4/15 |  St. John's Chris Mullin & Memphis' Penny Hardaway
4/17 | Florida's Mike white
4/18 | Villanova's Jay Wright

« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2018, 08:06:23 PM »

« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2018, 08:40:56 PM »
https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/kentucky-basketball-scottie-lewis-bryan-antoine-recruitment

“Florida, and St. John’s and Villanova, they’ve been following me since I was in eighth grade in those back gyms,” Lewis said. “Every time I’m around them it just feels like family.”

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2018, 09:35:12 PM »
https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/kentucky-basketball-scottie-lewis-bryan-antoine-recruitment

“Florida, and St. John’s and Villanova, they’ve been following me since I was in eighth grade in those back gyms,” Lewis said. “Every time I’m around them it just feels like family.”

He is more open than Antoine.  Klatsky went to Florida and they have been on both since day one and of course Nova is tight with Antoine along with Duke.  But even if SU Is a bit of a longshot they need to stay on this kid.  Need to show they are for real getting top kids in this area. 

QuanMan

Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2018, 02:18:09 PM »
UF prioritizing him, we're mentioned:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-josh-green-florida-under-the-radar-classes

Florida is heavily involved because the Ranney School coach is Brian Klatsky.  Klatsky is a UF grad and a HUGE fan of the Gators.  Antoine is likely to land at either Nova or Duke.  So UF is pushing hard for Lewis.