Hoop Scoop’s annual All-Americans

• 12 replies
Hoop Scoop’s annual All-Americans
« on: July 19, 2008, 05:45:20 PM »
No Omari Lawrence?

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/2008/07/hoop-scoops-annual-allamerican.html
Clark Francis of Hoop Scoop has released his annual preseason high school All-American team (as of July).

First team: Lance Stephenson, 6-6, senior, guard, Brooklyn Lincoln; Michael Gilchrist, 6-6, sophomore forward, St. Patrick’s; Derrick Favors, 6-9, center, Atlanta South; DeMarcus Cousins, 6-10, senior, Mobile LeFlore; and John Wall, 6-3 fifth-year guard, Raleigh Word of God.

Second team: Dontae Taylor, 6-8 fifth year, Mt. Washington, D.C., National Christian Academy; John Henson, 6-10, center, Round Rock, Tex.; Kenny Boynton, 6-2, guard, Plantation, Fla. Heritage; Jared Sullinger, 6-6, junior, Columbus, Oh. Northland; Dexter Strickland, 6-3, guard, St. Patrick’s.

Top 5 players entering sophomore class: Gilchrist; LaQuinton Ross, 6-8, forward, Jackson, Miss. Calloway (seventh team); Tony Wroton, 6-3, guard, Seattle, Wash., Garfield (seventh team); Chris Coleman, 6-10, center, Lee Me. Academy (eighth team); Wayne Blackshear, 6-5, guard, Chicago Currie (11th team).

Metro players on top 20 teams: Stephenson, Gilchrist, Strickland, Tristan Thompson, 6-8, forward, St. Benedict’s (third team); Dominic Cheek, 6-6, guard, St. Anthony”s (fourth team); Durand Scott, 6-4, guard, Rice (11th team); Doron Lamb, 6-3, guard, Loughlin (14th team); Jayvaughn Pinkston, 6-6, junior, forward Loughlin (14th team); Kevin Parrom, 6-6, forward, South Kent, Conn. Academy (16th team); Myck Kabongo, 6-0, sophomore, St. Benedict’s (17th team); Kyrie Irving, 6-2, junior, guard, St. Patrick’s (18th team); Lamont Jones, (TBA, 18th team).

Re: Hoop Scoop’s annual All-Americans
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 08:28:10 AM »
Most shameful of oversights regardless of any and all injury.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 09:43:13 AM »
No Omari Lawrence?

What a JOKE..  :o .. btw - u could bet the house that if Lawrence indicated he was "leaning" toward memphis, gtown or pitt instead of SJU. He would getting the RESPECT he deserves.... looks like Bozo The Clown... aka ... Ron Naclerio strikes again..  ::) .. Absolute nonsense folks.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:58:17 AM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 10:20:18 AM »
if omari's team makes the final four...the daily news is wrong.  if the team one of the other players is on makes it...the paper is right.

the results lie in the final scores.

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 10:44:42 AM »
No Omari Lawrence?

What a JOKE..  :o .. btw - u could bet the house that if Lawrence indicated he was "leaning" toward memphis, gtown or pitt instead of SJU. He would getting the RESPECT he deserves.... looks like Bozo The Clown... aka ... Ron Naclerio strikes again..  ::) .. Absolute nonsense folks.

OLDRED, what does Naclerio have to do with that? Is he affiliated with that website?

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 12:11:05 PM »
No Omari Lawrence?

OLDRED, what does Naclerio have to do with that? Is he affiliated with that website?

I believe Coach Naclerio is the NY editor for Hoop Scoop and assists Clark Francis.
In any event lets see where the kid finishes at the end of his senior season, that is what counts.

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 02:17:56 PM »
the reason he was left out is because he barely participated in events this summer because of his injury.  that list basically ranks the players that have performed best over the course of the summer.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 02:46:49 PM »
No Omari Lawrence?

I admit it does seem a little fishy Considering Ron is an in the know NYC  Highschool guy .  Whats really crazy is that I saw Ron sitting beside Tom Konchalski At Is8.  They both were impressed. Tom gave Omari a 5 on his HS report.  

Actually, Konchalski has given out just 17 five-star ratings and only three to prospects who played in the city last year: 6-6 guard Lance Stephenson of Lincoln (who received the only 5+ on the list), guard Omari Lawrence and swing forward Kevin Parrom of St. Raymond’s, who both received a 5-. Both look to be off to South Kent this coming year.

Marco I C it and have seen it for a long time. Maybe Ron had on the wrong Beer goggle, ops I mean wrong glass.  I guess Thats y Tom's opinion is so valued. while others actually tried to make people believe Theo Davis was anything close to a pro. HAha
The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 02:50:13 PM »
the reason he was left out is because he barely participated in events this summer because of his injury.  that list basically ranks the players that have performed best over the course of the summer.

Omari got hurt in NBA camp, a month ago today.  He missed, RBK U , and Reebok East (2 events) .  He has performed well at every tourney since the end of his HS season.  No excuses.  I tell u what Omari.  There would be no better place to prove him wrong than Queens NY. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:51:56 PM by queensrevolution »
The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 03:38:43 PM »
Marco I C it and have seen it for a long time. Maybe Ron had on the wrong Beer goggles, ops I mean wrong glass.  I guess Thats y Tom's opinion is so valued. while others actually tried to make people believe Theo Davis was anything close to a pro. HAha

Good stuff revolution..  ;D .. Plus, it's no secret that Naclerio holds a grudge against Norm for not hiring him as an assistant & that he has been bad-mouthing our staff to anybody who'll listen for the last 4 years..  ::) .. peace!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 10:09:45 PM »
Marco I C it and have seen it for a long time. Maybe Ron had on the wrong Beer goggles, ops I mean wrong glass.  I guess Thats y Tom's opinion is so valued. while others actually tried to make people believe Theo Davis was anything close to a pro. HAha

Good stuff revolution..  ;D .. Plus, it's no secret that Naclerio holds a grudge against Norm for not hiring him as an assistant & that he has been bad-mouthing our staff to anybody who'll listen for the last 4 years..  ::) .. peace!

OLDRED,what happenned at Scout? Were you asked to resign or what?

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 08:05:39 PM »

OLDRED,what happenned at Scout? Were you asked to resign or what?

Nope, it was a "hostile takeover" by ur buddy pmg..  :D .. I believe he drove up to scout headquarters in a rage & demanded i be stripped of my title..  :o .. In retrospect it was probably the best thing for all parties involved. The "power" had obviously gone to my head..  ;D .. I was just having way too much fun pissing him & the rest of the "super-fans"(lol) off by deleting every one of their tired old posts trashing norm, looie, the players & our school for the thousandth time..  :P .. peace!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 08:08:06 PM by oldred10 »

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 11:45:55 AM »
it was pretty funny to read someone with multiple screen names reply to their own posts.

we all miss that aspect of the site.