Matt A

• 695 replies
Re: Matt A
« Reply #260 on: March 22, 2017, 10:19:55 PM »
Having trolls bashing our primary recruiter at every opportunity is an ideal way to guarantee that our 2018 recruiting class meets our expectations.

Yes. That and the primary recruiter with a foot the door at first chance

« Reply #261 on: March 22, 2017, 11:41:39 PM »
Matt unfollowed LSU Basketball but not the two LSU beat writers.

Man, this is what it has come to with no college basketball to watch

That is some childish sh*t he does with his following and unfollowing. If his friend coaches LSU, then follow them. The only way this makes sense to me is if Wade didn't offer or changed his mind and rescinded the offer.

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

I was never like others were and quickly saw the full picture.

Regardless of my or Baldi's opinions nobody can say the way he acts on Twitter is right. It's so petty it's sad. He knows fans follow who he follows. So if he comes back and just followed the LSU accounts to troll does that change how people view him ? Regardless he's unfollows kids he stops recruiting and it's a small world. Never know who you might come across again.

I think it is a smart move to unfollow a kid that commits to another program (or at least indicates no interest in being recruited by you).  Why chance communicating (tampering?) with a kid who has committed elsewhere.

As far as assistants, what about Kevin Boyle at Monteverde?

Mike

« Reply #262 on: March 23, 2017, 12:09:40 AM »

That is some childish sh*t he does with his following and unfollowing. If his friend coaches LSU, then follow them. The only way this makes sense to me is if Wade didn't offer or changed his mind and rescinded the offer.

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

Regardless of my or Baldi's opinions nobody can say the way he acts on Twitter is right. It's so petty it's sad. He knows fans follow who he follows. So if he comes back and just followed the LSU accounts to troll does that change how people view him ? Regardless he's unfollows kids he stops recruiting and it's a small world. Never know who you might come across again.

I think it is a smart move to unfollow a kid that commits to another program (or at least indicates no interest in being recruited by you).  Why chance communicating (tampering?) with a kid who has committed elsewhere.

This whole twitter thing of who he follows and unfollows is ridiculous, who cares. It's not like he is the only recruiter that does this. The people who are always talking about it are the ones who have an issue with him. Is there an easy way to see or do people actually waste their time scanning who he is following and not following?

« Reply #263 on: March 23, 2017, 12:21:07 AM »
Not sure if there is an easy way to glean this info without doing some stalkerish behavior.  I've never paid attention to other people's follows.  Also, twitter lists are almost impossible to maintain.  I tried at the beginning, and gave up.

Moose

« Reply #264 on: March 23, 2017, 11:04:17 AM »

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

This whole twitter thing of who he follows and unfollows is ridiculous, who cares. It's not like he is the only recruiter that does this. The people who are always talking about it are the ones who have an issue with him. Is there an easy way to see or do people actually waste their time scanning who he is following and not following?

That's not correct.  Most of the people who sweat who Matt follows and unfollows are those who follow recruiting and want to see where SJU stands with recruits.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #265 on: March 23, 2017, 11:06:30 AM »

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

That's not correct.  Most of the people who sweat who Matt follows and unfollows are those who follow recruiting and want to see where SJU stands with recruits.

The whole thing is creepy...

Moose

« Reply #266 on: March 23, 2017, 11:19:41 AM »

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

The whole thing is creepy...

I just love how when its about him following a recruit that we might get its all well and good and everyone is giddy. 

But if someone points out he's following LSU related accounts that makes him look bad.

If Matt was a grad of Western Kentucky and not SJU I guarantee people would hold him to a different standard.

« Reply #267 on: March 23, 2017, 11:22:43 AM »
I just think the whole idea of following how someone is following someone and then posting it as news is a bit out there.

I have no interest myself.

Moose

« Reply #268 on: March 23, 2017, 11:27:55 AM »
I just think the whole idea of following how someone is following someone and then posting it as news is a bit out there.

I get that, but its the world we live in now.  Twitter exists.  If someone chooses to ignore it that's their prerogative.  But in reality its another form of a message board, no?  With the click of a button you can see who follows what recruits, who follows hot female celebrities, who follows Republicans, Democrats or whatever.

Don't understand how its characterized as creepy or people wasting time? 

« Reply #269 on: March 23, 2017, 11:35:12 AM »

I get that, but its the world we live in now.  Twitter exists.  If someone chooses to ignore it that's their prerogative.  But in reality its another form of a message board, no?  With the click of a button you can see who follows what recruits, who follows hot female celebrities, who follows Republicans, Democrats or whatever.

Creepy can be taken different ways.  I just think if you have enough time on your hands to follow someone who may/may not be following someone else and then pay specific attention to who they may unfollow perhaps you may want to say, is this normal??? :)

Or maybe I am just jealous because I don't have enough time to do that, of course I probably spend too much time on a message board with people almost as crazy as I am so there is that...

goredmen

« Reply #270 on: March 23, 2017, 11:47:39 AM »

Creepy can be taken different ways.  I just think if you have enough time on your hands to follow someone who may/may not be following someone else and then pay specific attention to who they may unfollow perhaps you may want to say, is this normal??? :)

Or maybe I am just jealous because I don't have enough time to do that, of course I probably spend too much time on a message board with people almost as crazy as I am so there is that...

I would say that 99% of the time it's pointless to see who is following who and what not, but I think it's somewhat pertinent this case when it's a clear possibility  Matt could leave to join Wade's staff at LSU and Matt goes ahead and follows LSU beat writers and the LSU Basketball official Twitter account. Does it necessarily mean anything one way or the other? Probably not, but it's still interesting.

It doesn't take any time at all to see who anybody's most recent follows are. If you go to their page and click "following" their most recent follows will come up first. You don't have to scroll through their entire follow list and keep track of who is there and who isn't there. I don't know if it works that way on the Twitter app but thats how it works on the website

Moose

« Reply #271 on: March 23, 2017, 11:48:13 AM »

Normal? Like you said many would say time spent on message board isn't normal either ;)

I just think it's odd for people to tell others (not saying you specifically ) how to spend their time. Some people are retired. Some out of work. Some have jobs but they are boring jobs and have free time. Some have bad marriages and would rather peruse Twitter ha.

« Reply #272 on: March 23, 2017, 04:22:41 PM »

Normal? Like you said many would say time spent on message board isn't normal either ;)

I just think it's odd for people to tell others (not saying you specifically ) how to spend their time. Some people are retired. Some out of work. Some have jobs but they are boring jobs and have free time. Some have bad marriages and would rather peruse Twitter ha.

havnt you spent time saying matt shouldnt spend time following and unfollowing people on twitter?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

goredmen

« Reply #273 on: March 23, 2017, 04:49:32 PM »
Matt Abdelmassih ‏Verified account @mabde33
When what you value is clear, making decisions becomes easier #SJUBB

Looks like a decision has been made

paultzman

« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2017, 05:53:32 PM »
Zagoria: Matt is staying at @StJohnsBBall and not going to LSU.

Moose

« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2017, 05:57:58 PM »

havnt you spent time saying matt shouldnt spend time following and unfollowing people on twitter?

No. I'm sure he has lots of time on the road and Twitter is a great place to spend it.

« Reply #276 on: March 23, 2017, 05:59:21 PM »

I still hope they bring in another assistant who will recruit and aide in the coaching department.

Moose

« Reply #277 on: March 23, 2017, 05:59:57 PM »

I still hope they bring in another assistant who will recruit and aide in the coaching department.

Well Fordham alluded to something. No?

« Reply #278 on: March 23, 2017, 06:01:42 PM »

Well Fordham alluded to something. No?

He may have.  I can't really recall.

paultzman

« Reply #279 on: March 23, 2017, 06:18:09 PM »

+1