Matt A

• 695 replies
Re: Matt A
« Reply #280 on: March 23, 2017, 06:29:42 PM »
Good to have this cloud lifted. This rebuild has a long way to go, and with the inroads Matt has made with the 2018 kids and with whatever's going to happen with Grad students and other transfers this continuity helps the program.  If CM is considering any changes to his staff, prefer that they be based on his decisions rather than scrambling to fill a void.

« Reply #281 on: March 23, 2017, 06:50:07 PM »
I would hope Mitch wants to go back to special assistant and they can hire a second recruiter/coach type person.

MCNPA

« Reply #282 on: March 23, 2017, 07:13:07 PM »
I'm glad we retained Matt.  I don't think it is underrated to have done so.  Our recruiting would have been blown up at this stage of the game.  Now Matt needs to go out and land us a blockbuster 18' class. 

As far as assistants, we can't make the same mistakes we have made in the past and have all our eggs in one basket like we have with Matt.  Need an additional coach/recruiter.  Mitch might be great at player development, but he's not recruiting and scouting for talent and that's so,etching we need, as well as organized and experienced strategist.

goredmen

« Reply #283 on: March 23, 2017, 07:25:43 PM »
I'm glad we retained Matt.  I don't think it is underrated to have done so.  Our recruiting would have been blown up at this stage of the game.  Now Matt needs to go out and land us a blockbuster 18' class. 

As far as assistants, we can't make the same mistakes we have made in the past and have all our eggs in one basket like we have with Matt.  Need an additional coach/recruiter.  Mitch might be great at player development, but he's not recruiting and scouting for talent and that's so,etching we need, as well as organized and experienced strategist.

What exactly has Mitch shown so far that would make you say he's great at player development?

« Reply #284 on: March 23, 2017, 07:29:40 PM »
Did he get a raise?

« Reply #285 on: March 23, 2017, 07:42:10 PM »
Did he get a raise?

Private school, private info. I don't think anything has changed at this point.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #286 on: March 23, 2017, 07:44:25 PM »

What exactly has Mitch shown so far that would make you say he's great at player development?

I was offering it up as one of his potential positives as opposed to strategy nor recruiting.  I meant it more as a question, supposition.

goredmen

« Reply #287 on: March 23, 2017, 07:46:09 PM »
Did he get a raise?

Private school, private info. I don't think anything has changed at this point.

I doubt he decided to stick around without getting some sort of raise. That's a pretty weak bluff then

desco80

« Reply #288 on: March 23, 2017, 07:47:50 PM »
What did Fordham hint at regarding the coaching staff ?

ras

« Reply #289 on: March 23, 2017, 07:59:31 PM »
What did Fordham hint at regarding the coaching staff ?
That we're getting another coach we will be happy w.

TONYD3

« Reply #290 on: March 23, 2017, 08:30:49 PM »
I would hope Mitch wants to go back to special assistant and they can hire a second recruiter/coach type person.

This is beyond absurd. We are hoping Richmond accepts a demotion I assume with full pay. So we can pay someone else to coach and recruit. 

MCNPA

« Reply #291 on: March 23, 2017, 08:39:21 PM »

This is beyond absurd. We are hoping Richmond accepts a demotion I assume with full pay. So we can pay someone else to coach and recruit. 

I don't care what they get paid... I just wanna see SJU win...

« Reply #292 on: March 23, 2017, 09:12:02 PM »
Zagoria: Matt is staying at @StJohnsBBall and not going to LSU.

I still hope they bring in another assistant who will recruit and aide in the coaching department.

Well Fordham alluded to something. No?

He may have.  I can't really recall.

Here is what I heard and to be honest it is all positive.
1) Matt was staying.
2) Lovett is also staying and
3) A new staff member is definitely in play.

QuanMan

« Reply #293 on: March 23, 2017, 09:28:35 PM »

I still hope they bring in another assistant who will recruit and aide in the coaching department.

1) Matt was staying.

TREMENDOUS NEWS.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #294 on: March 23, 2017, 10:01:21 PM »

1) Matt was staying.

that makes mjmaherjr very happy

« Reply #295 on: March 23, 2017, 10:06:45 PM »

I don't care what they get paid... I just wanna see SJU win...

I mean Mitch was ALREADY being paid as a special assistant. What does it matter if he gets "demoted"

« Reply #296 on: March 23, 2017, 10:23:36 PM »

1) Matt was staying.

Hope you're right and the Lovett came to his senses

Marillac

« Reply #297 on: March 23, 2017, 10:25:12 PM »

All of our guards excelled on offense and we shot lights out. Coincidence? Let him be a face
of the program and work with the guards. His heart isn't in it to be out recruiting like a full-time assistant. What's so absurd about keeping him and bringing in a guy like Rice?

« Reply #298 on: March 23, 2017, 10:36:05 PM »

1) Matt was staying.

We are all taking comfort in the fact that you "hope" I am right.   ::)

« Reply #299 on: March 23, 2017, 10:37:38 PM »

1) Matt was staying.

We are all taking comfort in the fact that you "hope" I am right.   ::)

Damn right you are