Matt A

• 695 replies
Re: Matt A
« Reply #420 on: May 01, 2017, 09:28:58 PM »
Utter nonsense.  We've recruited well overall.  But if we are on the topic of being "embarassed" to cash checks, your boy Lavin should be first in line.

Matt A should be embarrassed to cash his paycheck. Instead of recruiting I think he's sitting in some movie theater . This guy is a zero as a recruiter. Nice guy but should find another profession. Please don't get your hopes for 18.

« Reply #421 on: May 01, 2017, 09:56:20 PM »
Matt A should be embarrassed to cash his paycheck. Instead of recruiting I think he's sitting in some movie theater . This guy is a zero as a recruiter. Nice guy but should find another profession. Please don't get your hopes for 18.

And I think you are a dipshit.

« Reply #422 on: May 01, 2017, 10:28:12 PM »
The trolls and pseudofans on this site are getting tiring.  Let's see the finished roster for next season before we bury our recruiters and staff in general.

« Reply #423 on: May 01, 2017, 10:47:44 PM »
I said this about a month ago. How does the outside world view the St. John's program? A non factor. Same as DePaul. But actually DePaul has won an NCAA tournament game in the 21st century.  So ya, this is a hot mess

Depaul hired a high school coach today as an assistant so they could lock doen top 50 players in 2017 and 2019, btw

They hired nationally ranked, La Lumiere's head coach, Shane Heirman.  Heirman will replace assistant Patrick Sellers.

Supposedly, they're also gonna hire "Meanstreets" coach (Chicago-based AAU team), Tim Anderson, as well.  Anderson would replace Billy Garrett, Sr., who also is probably on his way out the door.

The trolls and pseudofans on this site are getting tiring.  Let's see the finished roster for next season before we bury our recruiters and staff in general.

I personally don't believe our recruiting hiearchy is properly structured or it doesn't seems properly organized for long-term success.  We need another shark out there.  Get Rice on the horn ASAP!  You're not only getting a valuable recruiter, but someone who will also be an asset on the sidelines.  Kill two birds with one stone.

MCNPA

« Reply #424 on: May 02, 2017, 12:27:11 AM »
I said this about a month ago. How does the outside world view the St. John's program? A non factor. Same as DePaul. But actually DePaul has won an NCAA tournament game in the 21st century.  So ya, this is a hot mess

Depaul hired a high school coach today as an assistant so they could lock doen top 50 players in 2017 and 2019, btw

They hired nationally ranked, La Lumiere's head coach, Shane Heirman.  Heirman will replace assistant Patrick Sellers.

Supposedly, they're also gonna hire "Meanstreets" coach (Chicago-based AAU team), Tim Anderson, as well.  Anderson would replace Billy Garrett, Sr., who also is probably on his way out the door.

I personally don't believe our recruiting hiearchy is properly structured or it doesn't seems properly organized for long-term success.  We need another shark out there.  Get Rice on the horn ASAP!  You're not only getting a valuable recruiter, but someone who will also be an asset on the sidelines.  Kill two birds with one stone.

Rice is a shark,  a good coach and won't take any shit either...  it's time to get him or another on board.

derk

« Reply #425 on: May 02, 2017, 09:05:45 AM »

This is what I don't like about this organization. We need another coach. Go get one. Get it done. If it's Rice ok get him. If not, go get someone else. The longer they wait the greater chance someone else swoops in, as we just saw with Kante, the supposed lock of all locks.

« Reply #426 on: May 02, 2017, 09:09:48 AM »

Utter nonsense.  We've recruited well overall.  But if we are on the topic of being "embarassed" to cash checks, your boy Lavin should be first in line.

You're a Lavin fan? ;D Stop...

« Reply #427 on: May 02, 2017, 09:11:56 AM »
I remember reading a post after Lavin was fired. A poster was talking to Keady and he told the poster how difficult it is to recruit for SJU. Of course Fun would argue if Lavin knew how to coach it would have been easier to recruit.

If he knew how to coach and wasn't lazy, he would probably still be here. Don't doubt it's difficult to recruit for SJU.

SJUFAN

« Reply #428 on: May 02, 2017, 01:37:21 PM »
Is Rice even a reality? Who is leaving? We do need another recruiter, preferably one who is an experience coach who could help with the defense. Rice does fit that bill but I'm concerned how others would use his past against us when going after the same recruits. 

« Reply #429 on: May 02, 2017, 02:24:07 PM »
Is Rice even a reality? Who is leaving? We do need another recruiter, preferably one who is an experience coach who could help with the defense. Rice does fit that bill but I'm concerned how others would use his past against us when going after the same recruits. 
We're not getting anybody anyway so worth the risk.

ras

« Reply #430 on: May 02, 2017, 05:56:33 PM »
Rice has exp in coaching ,recruiting , and won't be asking for a lot of money. But, We are St. John's, so I doubt we will add him.

« Reply #431 on: May 03, 2017, 02:59:24 PM »
Rice has exp in coaching ,recruiting , and won't be asking for a lot of money. But, We are St. John's, so I doubt we will add him.

Not qualified as his has no relationship with Mullin. I am hearing Terrence Mullin or Chris Mullin's third grade best friend Joe Devolla are the two most likely candidates.

« Reply #432 on: May 03, 2017, 03:04:08 PM »

Not qualified as his has no relationship with Mullin. I am hearing Terrence Mullin or Chris Mullin's third grade best friend Joe Devolla are the two most likely candidates.
Hope it ain't crazy Joe Devolla or I won't be able to attend any games next season.  ;D

« Reply #433 on: May 03, 2017, 03:28:53 PM »

Hope it ain't crazy Joe Devolla or I won't be able to attend any games next season.  ;D

One and the same.

« Reply #434 on: May 03, 2017, 04:51:17 PM »
As much as it sucks to be recruiting this poorly, it's nice that it's no longer taboo to question Matt A as a recruiter. A few short months ago he was a recruiting prodigy not to be criticized. We need to get someone in here who can land players, and Matt hasn't shown the ability to do that.

Quite honestly, it should not have been a difficult task to grab a 2-3 star PF/C to come start next to Ponds and LoVett, play in a top 3 conference, with a Hall of Fame head coach. And it looks like we may strike out.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 04:54:20 PM by redstorm212 »

Tha Kid

« Reply #435 on: May 03, 2017, 05:02:46 PM »
As much as it sucks to be recruiting this poorly, it's nice that it's no longer taboo to question Matt A as a recruiter. A few short months ago he was a recruiting prodigy not to be criticized. We need to get someone in here who can land players, and Matt hasn't shown the ability to do that.

Quite honestly, it should not have been a difficult task to grab a 2-3 star PF/C to come start next to Ponds and LoVett, play in a top 3 conference, with a Hall of Fame head coach. And it looks like we may strike out.

I mean it's pretty easy to see why we are striking out, IMO.  We aren't a projected NCAA team, and we also dont have starter's minutes to promise.  That's a bad combination when "desperate" recruiting bc likely other desperates will have one or the other.

We all know Clark and Ahmed will see a bunch of time at the 4 and Owens at the 5, and we still have Yakwe who we are hoping plays well.  We are offering minutes as a 4th big or 9th man.  Not that attractive.
"I drink and I know things"

Foad

« Reply #436 on: May 03, 2017, 05:41:06 PM »
As much as it sucks to be recruiting this poorly, it's nice that it's no longer taboo to question Matt A as a recruiter.

Ponds Simon Lovett Clark Ahmed Yakwe Owens =  "recruiting this poorly." Shut up.

« Reply #437 on: May 03, 2017, 06:24:44 PM »
Plus 9-fing million.

« Reply #438 on: May 03, 2017, 09:29:14 PM »
As much as it sucks to be recruiting this poorly, it's nice that it's no longer taboo to question Matt A as a recruiter.

Ponds Simon Lovett Clark Ahmed Yakwe Owens =  "recruiting this poorly." Shut up.

You're right we're in great shape. NCAA's here we come. Who did we land out of our frontcourt targets in 2017?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:32:55 PM by redstorm212 »

goredmen

« Reply #439 on: May 03, 2017, 10:58:16 PM »
Matt Abdelmassih
 One 🚪 shuts and another opens. Chance favors the aggressor #life

Something? Nothing? Hmm