Matt A

• 695 replies

desco80

Re: Matt A
« Reply #220 on: March 21, 2017, 10:33:59 PM »
Also... I've said this before, but I'm simply not a believer in in your face aggressive screaming from a coach.   

No other industry "trains" their professionals that way.   (with the exception of drill seargents perhaps, and they serve a very limited role for boot camp and initiation into the military. )

Wooden didn't need to scream, curse, or threaten his players to get his point across.

That's not to say you don't need a coach to yell at you to run faster during conditioning.   But imo the Bob knight and Mike rice shtick gets old fast and players tune it out.

Marillac

« Reply #221 on: March 21, 2017, 10:34:40 PM »
Matt unfollowed LSU Basketball but not the two LSU beat writers.

Man, this is what it has come to with no college basketball to watch

That is some childish sh*t he does with his following and unfollowing. If his friend coaches LSU, then follow them. The only way this makes sense to me is if Wade didn't offer or changed his mind and rescinded the offer.

Childish ain't the word.

Have you soured on Matt?

Soured?

I was never like others were and quickly saw the full picture.

Regardless of my or Baldi's opinions nobody can say the way he acts on Twitter is right. It's so petty it's sad. He knows fans follow who he follows. So if he comes back and just followed the LSU accounts to troll does that change how people view him ? Regardless he's unfollows kids he stops recruiting and it's a small world. Never know who you might come across again.

Im gonna trust that there is more than just this follow/unfollow bs.

Your trust on that is not misplaced 😉

« Reply #222 on: March 21, 2017, 11:19:02 PM »
It's been rumored Matt makes anywhere between 250-350K. Let's not act like he isn't well compensated here.

Exactly, besides he signed the #$%^ing contract. How about honoring it. No one forced him to sign it.

I hate when they sign contracts, then in the middle of it they want more.

« Reply #223 on: March 21, 2017, 11:31:40 PM »
Matt unfollowed LSU Basketball but not the two LSU beat writers.

Man, this is what it has come to with no college basketball to watch

That is some childish sh*t he does with his following and unfollowing. If his friend coaches LSU, then follow them. The only way this makes sense to me is if Wade didn't offer or changed his mind and rescinded the offer.

Childish ain't the word.

Bitch sh*t?

Poison

« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2017, 11:38:47 PM »
It's been rumored Matt makes anywhere between 250-350K. Let's not act like he isn't well compensated here.

Exactly, besides he signed the #$%^ing contract. How about honoring it. No one forced him to sign it.

St.John's hasn't signed anyone in over a year.

« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2017, 11:39:48 PM »

Yet raises are given out.

« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2017, 11:43:10 PM »
Don't worry guys, things are set up nicely for the 2026 class.

« Reply #227 on: March 22, 2017, 06:22:30 AM »
Also... I've said this before, but I'm simply not a believer in in your face aggressive screaming from a coach.   

No other industry "trains" their professionals that way.   (with the exception of drill seargents perhaps, and they serve a very limited role for boot camp and initiation into the military. )

Wooden didn't need to scream, curse, or threaten his players to get his point across.

That's not to say you don't need a coach to yell at you to run faster during conditioning.   But imo the Bob knight and Mike rice shtick gets old fast and players tune it out.

Notwithstanding the fact the the ESPN cameramen refuse to show his antics on the sidelines, K has carved himself out a nice little career with his in your face screaming antics. No doubted learned from his mentor and his years at Army.

Foad

« Reply #228 on: March 22, 2017, 07:15:26 AM »
But paying what Mitch is paid for special assistant is a waste of money. Maybe I'd feel less inclined to say that if Slice still wasn't on payroll

Why do you care how much the staff gets paid.

« Reply #229 on: March 22, 2017, 08:10:08 AM »

Well considering 2018 class can't sign till November you are correct.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #230 on: March 22, 2017, 08:51:32 AM »

Come on Dave, it's not unreasonable to question what's going on.

« Reply #231 on: March 22, 2017, 08:55:01 AM »

How so? There are only 14 out of the Top 100 signed.

Poison

« Reply #232 on: March 22, 2017, 09:37:03 AM »

How so? There are only 14 out of the Top 100 signed.

Clarifying... I'm questioning why we've been linked to so few recruits? What's going on there? Who is staying, going and coming?

Crickets.

« Reply #233 on: March 22, 2017, 09:37:32 AM »

Take a look at scholarship table- http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=928.0

You do realize as of right now there is only 1 scholarship open. There are 3 open for 2018 and one player is already committed.

What are your expectations?

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #234 on: March 22, 2017, 09:37:40 AM »
Predictions:
1. Matt stays
2. Rice hired
3. ST Jean demoted to ball boy, but still diagrams the plays.
4. Rice signs big recruit.
5. Matt stop following Rice on Twitter
6. During TO Rice smashes ST Jean over the head with chair and steals dry board
7. During practice Rice beats up Mussini-Mullin quoted as saying "Louie used to beat him all the time, no big deal."
8. Monte stops following Rice on Twitter
9. Rice throws dry board at Ellison for looking confused at play he just drew up.
10. Rice smacks Ahmed in the head for shooting a fallaway lefthanded three pointer. -Mullin claims Al LoBalbo once shot him, this is nothing."
11. Ahmed Latrell Sprerwell's Rice
12. Matt follows Ahmed on Twitter
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:38:46 AM by we are sju »

derk

« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2017, 09:55:08 AM »
Keep Matt
Hire Mike Rice
Make Mitch a Special Assistant

I'd have no issues with that whatsoever.  Frankly, that should be the route they go.

So simple. Why can't the mensa crew figure this out. After hiring CM and making a big splash about rejuvenating this program, why are we at the edge of the precipice only 2 years later.

derk

« Reply #236 on: March 22, 2017, 09:58:56 AM »
I don't get the logic of some of you guys.

If Matt gets an offer from LSU see how much it is and decide if you want to match. Happens in any profession.

I personally don't think it would be much more than his current salary (but cost of living much lower) and I'd much rather keep him here.

Exactly. I would be more worried if no one wants people from our staff. It's the nature of the game. Pay the man what he is worth and there will be no issues. I think this is a non story.

That's just it. It should be a non story but with our admin it never is.

Poison

« Reply #237 on: March 22, 2017, 10:05:47 AM »

Take a look at scholarship table- http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=928.0

You do realize as of right now there is only 1 scholarship open. There are 3 open for 2018 and one player is already committed.

What are your expectations?

I think by now the players who are staying sans Lovett, who aren't looking to transfer, should know if they are staying or going. I think the staff should have already addressed this by now. Players are becoming available now.
If players leave that would open up ships for new kids.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:06:54 AM by Poison »

derk

« Reply #238 on: March 22, 2017, 10:11:49 AM »

Anton Goff‏ @AD_Goff_StJohns

#SJUBB I just read all the comments. I love the passion. This is what makes this place special!!!

No it doesn't. This place is always involved in controversy. Not a year goes by without this fan base having to worry whether or not you guys are going to screw this up. That's not passion it's anger.

pmg911

« Reply #239 on: March 22, 2017, 10:13:57 AM »
I am probably in the minority around but I don't think Matt A is as great as many on here. If he really wants to leave then let him go....

If he walks before he gets the program back to a strong level, and after all of his SJU bravada, he looks terrible in the basketball community.