BET Game 2: Villanova

• 137 replies

goredmen

BET Game 2: Villanova
« on: March 08, 2017, 10:09:43 PM »
Nice win over Gtown to get our 1st BET win since 2011, but super quick turnaround with a noon game following a 7PM game.

Been an interesting season but would need a complete miracle for it to continue past this one. I think it gets ugly early.

Nova 85
SJU 60

Re: BET Game 2: Villanova
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 10:25:30 PM »
How many Dante getting tomorrow?

TONYD3

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 10:26:36 PM »
Sick day!

MCNPA

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 10:33:41 PM »
Go out and play balls to the wall tomorrow.  Tight on defense and loose on offense.  Make Nova work to beat us. 

desco80

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 10:35:03 PM »
Well fellas, the almighty tells me he can get me out of this.  But he's pretty sure you're fooked.

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 10:39:35 PM »
Play with the same intensity we saw today, and I think we'll all be satisfied with the outcome even if it's a loss.

goredmen

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 10:41:08 PM »

My algorithm says 14 pts, 4 rebs, 3 assists for Dante tomorrow

desco80

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 10:43:10 PM »

Baldi .. You've gotta stop drooling over this kid.
He's alright.  And he's a paison.  I get it.
But you're giving him too much attention.

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 11:03:12 PM »

It's Donte. If you are going to overrate someone for four years, please at least spell their name correctly.  He'll score 12 tomrrow.

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 11:18:14 PM »
He'll have plenty of opportunities, given that they'll be focusing on Hart, Brunson, Jenkins and Bridges before they worry about him.

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 12:00:22 AM »

It's Donte. If you are going to overrate someone for four years, please at least spell their name correctly.  He'll score 12 tomrrow.

Nah, he has put up 19 and 20 against us this year and we will be tired after a hard fought game today. At least 16.

desco80

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 07:43:52 AM »
Anyone think we have a shot today?

I want to be optimistic but on short rest this is a bad bad matchup.

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 07:48:42 AM »
After an electric atmosphere last night getting home close to 1am after the second game...Getting ready to head down to the Garden.....Lets Shock the college basketball world today!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 07:49:12 AM »

Maybe Mullin should put your boy Ellison on him

TONYD3

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 08:03:50 AM »

Short rest may help us. Our guys have to be confident after last night . Short rest probably hurts the fans more then the players. I know I am shot. If we play defense and play with some intensity we have a chance.

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 08:42:54 AM »
As matchups go, this is not terrible for us.  Brunson had his worst two conference games against our guards, Nova doesn't pound the ball inside, and they rely on hitting their 3's.  They are smart and well-coached, but they only play seven guys, so foul trouble could be a factor.

We are playing with house money here because we are supposed to lose, and badly.  We should be loose and play the game for the sheer joy of having one more game to play.  If we don't turn the ball over and hit our 3's, this could be interesting.

(DiVincenzo comes down to earth and plays to his average BE output, not the stupid numbers he posted against us in the first two games.)

tnice

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 08:47:04 AM »

Short rest may help us. Our guys have to be confident after last night . Short rest probably hurts the fans more then the players. I know I am shot. If we play defense and play with some intensity we have a chance.

There is no way-none, zero, not even a little- that short rest helps. Confidence has nothing to do with it. Tough to "play defense and play with some intensity" when you just got done playing a hard fought game 12 hours ago.

TONYD3

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 09:24:55 AM »

There is no way-none, zero, not even a little- that short rest helps. Confidence has nothing to do with it. Tough to "play defense and play with some intensity" when you just got done playing a hard fought game 12 hours ago.
Not saying it will be easy for the players. Saying that they are in better shape then I am. I am at the gym hung over. Will try and leave for the game soon .

cjfish

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 10:22:14 AM »
You always have a shot but the odds are long.  Need to get Nova in foul trouble early since they are not deep.  Would like to see our 3 guards going to the hoop early and often in an attempt to get to the bonus and get Brunson or Hart in foul trouble.  Foul trouble is the only way we have a shot.  And, of course, we need to hit our 3s at a 40+ rate.  Hopefully the good D exhibited against GT will continue.

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 10:28:53 AM »
Last game against them was weird because we started 0-11, had stupid fouls that made players sit out, careless turnovers, and we didn't put our first points on the board until 12:30 left in the first half. Let's not start out like that again.