CBI/CIT

• 211 replies

Poison

Re: CBI/CIT
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2017, 10:27:02 PM »
Fingers crossed we make the CBI/CIT dance.

Lol we won't. We went 14-19. Season is over

8-12 in the BE is better than half of the teams in the NIT field.

Yeah the low major autobids, not the at larges

Clemson, for example. Are they any better than we are? The win loss record shouldn't matter as much as a waded grade.

Lol. Clemson is way better than us. If we played them on a neutral floor they'd be about 6 point favorites.

By the way, was looking at last year's CBI field and no teams from any of the power conferences made it so I'm not even sure we'd be eligible for the CBI anymore

Clemson = Shit. Case rested.

They may be shit, but they are still way better than us, so what does that make us?

It makes them shit. IDK what it makes us.

« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2017, 10:30:22 PM »

Clemson, for example. Are they any better than we are? The win loss record shouldn't matter as much as a waded grade.

Lol. Clemson is way better than us. If we played them on a neutral floor they'd be about 6 point favorites.

By the way, was looking at last year's CBI field and no teams from any of the power conferences made it so I'm not even sure we'd be eligible for the CBI anymore

They may be shit, but they are still way better than us, so what does that make us?

Irrelevant?

goredmen

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2017, 10:35:09 PM »

I never said Clemson was a good or great team. I said they are/were better than us. And they are

« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2017, 10:57:07 PM »

I think you do. Clemson a two seed in NIT makes them a next 4 out of NCAA. We on the other hand couldn't sniff a CBI or CIT bid so that makes us far less than Clemson to put it in polite terms. You seem to be the only poster too dense to grasp the concept but than with your rantings and ravings I guess it is to be expected.

Poison

« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2017, 11:27:16 PM »

I never said Clemson was a good or great team. I said they are/were better than us. And they are

They've accomplished nothing to prove that, but go on thinking it if you like. Clemson is shit. They are shit every year.

Poison

« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2017, 11:28:52 PM »

I think you do. Clemson a two seed in NIT makes them a next 4 out of NCAA. We on the other hand couldn't sniff a CBI or CIT bid so that makes us far less than Clemson to put it in polite terms. You seem to be the only poster too dense to grasp the concept but than with your rantings and ravings I guess it is to be expected.

You gotta be kidding me. You're calling me dense? You're a f'ing republican.

« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2017, 12:09:46 AM »
Bakersfield waxing Cal

goredmen

« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2017, 12:27:33 AM »
They've accomplished nothing to prove that, but go on thinking it if you like. Clemson is shit. They are shit every year.

What have we accomplished that proves we are as good as Clemson, as you claim? That we beat a horrible Georgetown team twice? That we won 4 games away from home all year?

« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2017, 12:54:24 AM »
Bakersfield waxing Cal

Cal is also missing Rabb and Bird.  Couple those losses with Cal-Bakersfield playing like they have something to prove against a high-major, and it has the recipe for a waxing.

That isn't an excuse, but a possible scenario without their two best players.

Poison

« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2017, 12:54:41 AM »

What have we accomplished that proves we are as good as Clemson, as you claim? That we beat a horrible Georgetown team twice? That we won 4 games away from home all year?

They won 6 games. We won 8.
8 is better than 6, except, somehow, to you it isn't.

They made the NIT on a technicality.

« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2017, 12:56:44 AM »

You're actually cherry-picking, as Clemson overall won 17 games, while we won 14.  They made the NIT because they deserved it, per the NIT committee. Regardless, Clemson was mediocre and we stunk it up this past season.  Hopefully, we can bounce back and find ourselves amongst the NCAA Tournament field.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:58:11 AM by mjdinkins »

goredmen

« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2017, 01:00:44 AM »

17 > 14 to everybody but you apparently

Poison

« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2017, 01:07:26 AM »

You're actually cherry-picking, as Clemson overall won 17 games, while we won 14.  They made the NIT because they deserved it, per the NIT committee. Regardless, Clemson was mediocre and we stunk it up this past season.  Hopefully, we can bounce back and find ourselves amongst the NCAA Tournament field.

Clemson and St.John's were both bad. My only point is that they were worse because they were worse. I don't give a shit that they won 17 games. They beat a massively overrated FSU team, and they also beat, oh yea, right, no one else.

*Correction, Clemson didn't beat FSU. They beat Wake Forest, Davidson, Oklahoma and 14 other piles of garbage. But because a winning record is more important than quality wins, they made the nit, and we didn't. We're pretty light on quality wins, but we have more than Clemson, because they have zero.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:15:22 AM by Poison »

Poison

« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2017, 01:08:20 AM »

17 > 14 to everybody but you apparently

17 Norm Roberts wins. Congrats to Clemson. Lol, like I give a F what anyone thinks.

« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2017, 01:13:27 AM »

Clemson and St.John's were both bad. My only point is that they were worse because they were worse. I don't give a shit that they won 17 games. They beat a massively overrated FSU team, and they also beat, oh yea, right, no one else.

Whatever, dude!   If you're arguining the Big East was better than the ACC (which, is essentially what you're doing), then that's your right.  But, I doubt anyone else believes it.   

Poison

« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2017, 01:18:50 AM »

Whatever, dude!   If you're arguining the Big East was better than the ACC (which, is essentially what you're doing), then that's your right.  But, I doubt anyone else believes it.   

I think Oakland believes it.

Yes, the BE was better this year. One ACC team already put their shit in a box. Wake Forest had no business making the tournament. So after Wake Forest, who did Clemson beat?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:19:39 AM by Poison »

goredmen

« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2017, 01:24:15 AM »

Yes, the BE was better this year. One ACC team already put their shit in a box. Wake Forest had no business making the tournament. So after Wake Forest, who did Clemson beat?

There's a wing in Creedmore for people that think the Big East was better than the ACC this year

Poison

« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2017, 01:33:25 AM »

There's a wing in Creedmore for people that think the Big East was better than the ACC this year

7 out of 10 BE teams made it in. The ACC has 9 out of 15 teams in. That's the great thing about about math, think whatever you like, but math settles the debate.

« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2017, 01:35:24 AM »

Wake Forest probably got in because of their RPI (46).  Whether, they deserved to be in the tournament or not is subjective, but you're an odd duck.  That's for sure. 

Honestly, I don't give a crap who Clemson did or didn't beat, but they obviously did enough to warrant an NIT bid (RPI was 76).  Go back to sweating about St. John's getting into some shite tournament like the CBI or CIT. 

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:38:16 AM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2017, 01:50:52 AM »

Wake Forest probably got in because of their RPI (46).  Whether, they deserved to be in the tournament or not is subjective, but you're an odd duck.  That's for sure. 

Honestly, I don't give a crap who Clemson did or didn't beat, but they obviously did enough to warrant an NIT bid (RPI was 76).  Go back to sweating about St. John's getting into some shite tournament like the CBI or CIT. 

You are confused. Clemson did one thing to make the NIT. They played enough shit teams to finish the season with a winning record. That is the only reason they are in, and we aren't. To play in the NIT, you can rack up wins against garbage, get your butt kicked in conference play, and they'll still take you. Mystery solved. Or so it should be.