Diakite's Rehab

• 21 replies

Johnny23

Re: Diakite's Rehab
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2017, 08:48:31 AM »
I assume he will still redshirt for this year?

Don't ever assume with St. John's. Yakwe was the clearest redshirt candidate I've ever seen here and they played him.

Has any SJU player ever profited by redshirting? I can't think of one.

Owens?

Didn't Owens sit as a transfer? I meant voluntary or medical red shirt, like Felix Balamou. Lavin gave himself for Pointer's senior year saying his suggestion that Pointer redshirt motivated him. But that doesn't count and Lavin was FOS anyway. Quincy Roberts might have benefited but not as a SJ player. I'm not saying it never happened but I can't think of anyone.
Foad shocked that you misremembered and thought Lavin redshirted after all the well justified criticism he received for ripping the redshirt off of him midway thru the season just to give him a handful of minutes for the whole season and wasting a year of the kid's eligibility.

It was terrible what Lavin did to Balamou. Instead, he should have told him to transfer to Manhattan.

Yeah that was a shame. That kid had a lot of potential but Lav never gave him enough of an oppty to show it.

Re: Diakite's Rehab
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2017, 07:08:23 PM »
If Marvin and Justin have as good as a Owens season off redshirt this staff will be batting 1.000, no reason to doubt them in that regard.