Trust the Process

• 258 replies
Re: Trust the Process
« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2018, 04:26:08 PM »
Imagine the whining you dobags would be doing if we had the talent of duke and we lost to bc and nc state. I guess coach K sucks since he has more talent than either of those teams.
Sorry not everyone came come in their pants every time we beat North Central Cream Valley A&M State in a non conference game. Tell us your secret.
who can rebound on this team asswipe? What do you think that means? We're not good as we don't have a single power guy. Are you too stupid to understand?
Just remember you started with the name calling something I don't particularly like F HEAD. A lot of rebounding is mentality run some drills and make these guys get after it like their life depended on it. Also if you design an offense where everybody and I mean everybody is on the perimeter you aren't going to get many offensive boards. How about one guy stay near the basket when someone shoots you know just in case the ball accidentally bounces to him. We emphasized rebounding for the Nebraska game and kicked their ass on the boards against a bigger team so we can improve in that area. See how that works genius?

I actually agree that rebounding is mostly about heart. Alas, on this team our small guys have more of a hunger for it i.e. ponds, than our bigs Owens and Clark. I don't have your optimism that we can change that. One of the reasons I look forward to next years class.

« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2018, 04:32:38 PM »
Imagine the whining you dobags would be doing if we had the talent of duke and we lost to bc and nc state. I guess coach K sucks since he has more talent than either of those teams.
Sorry not everyone came come in their pants every time we beat North Central Cream Valley A&M State in a non conference game. Tell us your secret.
who can rebound on this team asswipe? What do you think that means? We're not good as we don't have a single power guy. Are you too stupid to understand?
Just remember you started with the name calling something I don't particularly like F HEAD. A lot of rebounding is mentality run some drills and make these guys get after it like their life depended on it. Also if you design an offense where everybody and I mean everybody is on the perimeter you aren't going to get many offensive boards. How about one guy stay near the basket when someone shoots you know just in case the ball accidentally bounces to him. We emphasized rebounding for the Nebraska game and kicked their ass on the boards against a bigger team so we can improve in that area. See how that works genius?

I actually agree that rebounding is mostly about heart. Alas, on this team our small guys have more of a hunger for it i.e. ponds, than our bigs Owens and Clark. I don't have your optimism that we can change that. One of the reasons I look forward to next years class.
Agree. Cool

« Reply #162 on: January 07, 2018, 04:42:06 PM »
Steve Lavin has this team on the bubble. A good coach has this team a 5/6 seed.
NO

Same guy lamenting the roster all off season.

Me?
I think if Lovett had not gotten hurt or whatever we had a shot at being on bubble.
Team had little room for error and Lovett not playing killed us.
Are there better coaches than Mullin? Yeah but with the current state of the roster no one is getting them to tourney let alone  Steve Lavin

« Reply #163 on: January 07, 2018, 04:52:59 PM »
NO

Me?
I think if Lovett had not gotten hurt or whatever we had a shot at being on bubble.
Are there better coaches than Mullin? Yeah but with the current state of the roster no one is getting them to tourney let alone  Steve Lavin
There are absolutely coaches who could get this team on the tourney. You remind me of friends I had in high school when senior year we used to play tackle football and the guys thought they were tougher than the players on the high school football team and wanted to challenge them. Had to tell my buddies they would kill us because of how organized they would be. We go into games at a disadvantage because of coaching simple as that. Best thing Mullin could do for us is continue to have a staff recruit at a high level and then turn the reins over to a much more competent basketball coach.

« Reply #164 on: January 07, 2018, 05:00:33 PM »
NO

Me?
There are absolutely coaches who could get this team on the tourney. You remind me of friends I had in high school when senior year we used to play tackle football and the guys thought they were tougher than the players on the high school football team and wanted to challenge them. Had to tell my buddies they would kill us because of how organized they would be. We go into games at a disadvantage because of coaching simple as that. Best thing Mullin could do for us is continue to have a staff recruit at a high level and then turn the reins over to a much more competent basketball coach.

Ok then what coach is ST John's University going to bring in that would get 5 BE quality players to the tourney. Don't bother answering because answer is no one. Again the fact that we only have 5 players is on Mullin and his little asst that everyone loves. And yes there are better coaches, but a 5 seed? Lavin? That is laughable.

« Reply #165 on: January 07, 2018, 05:03:05 PM »
NO

Me?

Ok then what coach is ST John's University going to bring in that would get 5 BE quality players to the tourney. Don't bother answering because answer is no one. Again the fact that we only have 5 players is on Mullin and his little asst that everyone loves. And yes there are better coaches, but a 5 seed? Lavin? That is laughable.

I think Matt Should get another raise.

Foad

« Reply #166 on: January 07, 2018, 05:06:06 PM »
a 5 seed? Lavin? That is laughable.

Lavin managed to get a senior class that included the 3rd leading scorer in SJ history and Dom Pointer's senior year - and he claims to have urged Pointer to red shirt - to the bubble. He started that year 0-3 and worked his way to 3-7. If he'd been coaching this year he'd have relapsed and dumped  his losing record on whatever poor slob was his assistant, just like he did his second year.

« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2018, 05:06:30 PM »
NO

Me?

You just misstated everything I said but OK.

« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2018, 05:08:44 PM »
NO

Me?

No I was agreeing with you. Talking about tony.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #169 on: January 07, 2018, 05:10:20 PM »
If we hadn't fired Slice (or never hired him in the first place), we also wouldn't be paying millions of dollars each year into a black hole. I doubt our budget allowed Mullin to hire anyone on staff. (And before you ask, I blame Mullin for this)

ras

« Reply #170 on: January 07, 2018, 05:15:16 PM »

Clarke is good, shouldn’t be on the perimeter.

Clark is a lights out shooter with no post game whatsoever. But yeah keep him off the perimeter
He can’t get rebounds from there

So you want to take your best 3 point shooter who is not a good rebounder anyway, and take him off the perimeter, where he's good, to help down low, where he's bad? I don't think you realize how incredibly stupid of an idea that is
Remember Owens is also taking outside shots. We need rebounding from or bigs. Yakwe seems to have the most desire to rebound and play on the inside.  Need a balanced inside/out game. Ponds volume shooting is also a problem. Even though AA didn’t loose the game, I would have given all his minutes to Yakwe. Staff has to teach how to box out and emphasize rebounding. The season starting out so promising and now it Looks like we will end up in the bottom part of the BE standings. Another disappointing year. We also just don’t have enough depth.

« Reply #171 on: January 07, 2018, 05:17:20 PM »
NO

Me?

You just misstated everything I said but OK.

No I just disagree with what you said.

« Reply #172 on: January 07, 2018, 05:18:08 PM »

Clark is a lights out shooter with no post game whatsoever. But yeah keep him off the perimeter

So you want to take your best 3 point shooter who is not a good rebounder anyway, and take him off the perimeter, where he's good, to help down low, where he's bad? I don't think you realize how incredibly stupid of an idea that is
Remember Owens is also taking outside shots. We need rebounding from or bigs. Yakwe seems to have the most desire to rebound and play on the inside.  Need a balanced inside/out game. Ponds volume shooting is also a problem. Even though AA didn’t loose the game, I would have given all his minutes to Yakwe. Staff has to teach how to box out and emphasize rebounding. The season starting out so promising and now it Looks like we will end up in the bottom part of the BE standings. Another disappointing year. We also just don’t have enough depth.

Division 1 Big East players should know how to Box out before stepping into college. Basics are a huge problem in the AAU world

« Reply #173 on: January 07, 2018, 05:21:33 PM »

Whether, it be a 5 seed or lower, or with Lavin or another coach....  There are coaches who can get this team to the NCAA Tournament or, at the least, have 'em on the bubble.

Mike Jarvis went 12-4 (25-8 overall) in the Big East, and won the conference totournament with essentially a 6-man rotation and no one over 6'8" in the lineup (Erick Barkley also missed 5 games during the season, which practically limited it a 5-man roster).

« Reply #174 on: January 07, 2018, 05:29:30 PM »

Whether, it be a 5 seed or lower, or with Lavin or another coach....  There are coaches who can get this team to the NCAA Tournament or, at the least, have 'em on the bubble.

Mike Jarvis went 12-4 (25-8 overall) in the Big East, and won the conference totournament with essentially a 6-man rotation and no one over 6'8" in the lineup (Erick Barkley also missed 5 games during the season, which practically limited it a 5-man roster).

Barkley, Bootsy and Postell  are way better than Ponds, Simon and Ahmed.

« Reply #175 on: January 07, 2018, 05:29:34 PM »

Division 1 Big East players should know how to Box out before stepping into college. Basics are a huge problem in the AAU world

AAU has done a whale of a job killing the fundamentals of the game.  There are some good guys still affiliated with AAU, but it's few and far between.  The garbage coaching has also trickled down to high school coaches, as well. 

I watch my share of high school hoops here in my area (whether, it's local teams or out of town teams in tournaments held here), and there's a share of shitty coaching in the high school's.  AAU is much worse, though. 

This team doesn't box out and hardly ever seem to get offensive rebounds.  It's sandlot/street ball, where every single player has the green light to do whatever the hell they please on the offensive end.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:38:59 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #176 on: January 07, 2018, 05:35:15 PM »
Mullin and staff have put all their eggs in making year 4 to be the true breakout season. It almost seems like this year, he was just hoping for best with this thin team. Problem is, every year is different with tons of turnover so to say “next year” we are deeper and more talented is wasting everyone’s time until they prove it on court. Especially since he can not coach, nor his assistants.

« Reply #177 on: January 07, 2018, 05:37:31 PM »

Maybe, so.  But, it still was a short rotation.  That was the argument. 

Basically, the current short rotation has sufficient talent, but they have carte blanche to do whatever on the offensive end and it can, at times, resemble a fire drill when teams have our group running around scrambling with sound ball movement on the defensive end. 

Some of y'all sound like a few Gamecock fans I know.  The SEC East is straight up trash, outside of Georgia.  But, some Gamecock fans believe it is good football with teams just beating up on one another in the East.  I know the difference between sports "cannibalism" and seeing a shitty product.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:46:40 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #178 on: January 07, 2018, 05:38:49 PM »

Basically, the current short rotation has sufficient talent, but they have care blanche to do whatever on the offensive end and it can, at times, resemble a fire drill when teams have or group running around scrambling with sound ball movement on the defensive end. 

Some of y'all sound like a few Gamecock fans I know.  The SEC East is straight up trash, outside of Georgia.  But, some Gamecock fans believe it is good football with teams just beating up on one another in the East.  I know the difference between sports "cannibalism" and seeing a shitty product.

Do they have enough talent without LoVett?

« Reply #179 on: January 07, 2018, 05:44:40 PM »

Basically, the current short rotation has sufficient talent, but they have care blanche to do whatever on the offensive end and it can, at times, resemble a fire drill when teams have or group running around scrambling with sound ball movement on the defensive end. 

Do they have enough talent without LoVett?

Yep.  Do you think they're the worst team in the conference without LoVett?  Be honest.

Remember, this team was on the cusp of beating two teams (Seton Hall & Creighton) ON the road that, IMO, are better than Providence and DePaul (whom both smoked us at home).

Really?  DePaul beat the stew outta us at home.